Want a pair of Levis!!!

x-Katie-x

Gold Member
Went on the Levis website before, thought I'd buy myself my first ever pair - prob in a size 14 so that I've got something to aim towards (apart from the other 1001 reasons) --- anyway got to the site and it's waayyyyy too confusing - couldn't even work out what size to get as it's all in centimetres and not sizes.

Didn't get any :(

Oh :(

Why not wait until ur a size 14 and then have the pleasure of walking in the shop and screaming "EXCUSE ME HAVE U GOT THESE IN A 14...... YES, A 14..... COS IM A 14....." :rolleyes: u might look slightly loopy but I can't wait to go in TOPSHOP and ask for size 12's ;)

Yep think I'll have to do that Claire --- just wanted something to have hanging in the wardrobe that I can keep trying if you know what I mean.

I've always loved them but never had a pair ---- plus I don't want to buy a smallish skirt or dress as I've been big for so long that I don't really know what will suit me LOL

LOL Claire - yep. Isn't it gorgeous going into normal sized shops and picking things off the rail? heavenly :D

LOL Claire - yep. Isn't it gorgeous going into normal sized shops and picking things off the rail? heavenly :D

For the first time ~~(I think, like ever) I am not the biggest size in every shop :) I was even borderin it in Evans!!! a few sizes off the top size!!!

.... Now I can shop in sooooooo many more shops.. I even went in NEXT the other day and tried on stuff I knew I wasn't guna buy ... just cos I wanted to see how it looked and have that chuffed feelin wen it fitted :rolleyes::eek:

Oooh, yes. Levis were one of my first buys when getting to goal.

Got them off Ebay mind you:p

And it's so nice these days as you just buy them to fit. With my first pair of Levis, you had to sit in the bath with them on for hours to get them to the right size. Honest!! There were teens all over Britain wetting their pants in the 60s/70s
6exwzlj.gif

I can't wait to go into Topshop full stop! :party0049:

tbh... i went in there for the first time a few weeks ago... and didn't even see anything I liked!!!!... but hey, I might do when I CAN buy stuff... and even if I don't want to shop in there... I want the freedom to be able to :)

M and S to the rescue...

General: Womenswear: Size Charts: Marks & Spencer

Gives you sizes in Cm... so check out a 14 and go forth and order

Also, if you are usually a short length it is an inseam of 30, a regular length is an inseam of 32 and a longer length is a 34 (that i am assuming)

I know this because I was looking for jeans the other day at uniqlo, (super nice and cheap but no room for my bubble butt) and I am 5 6 and a 32 inseam is what fit me.

I def need a 30 length .... got really short legs :( (Claire won't swap me hers I don't think) - I'll check out the site thanks Reshmus.

ahhh I was wrong - must be inches that they do them in .... obviously when I think about it --- they are 28, 30, 32 etc

I have a pair of size 10 levis in my wardrobe that I plan to be in by December 08...once I have had the bump! As I lost the pounds it was great to see how far I had to go to get into them.....last try on I got them up my legs/over my mum but couldnt get them closed....then got pregnant LOL....but determined to get there!!

I havent been on the website but Levis usually go by waist size - so I reckon a 34 or 36 is approx a Size 14 and then you can choose bootcut, straightleg etc etc.....bootcut tend to be most flattering...personally speaking....

Shopping in highstreet shops is just the best......best of luck on your weight loss journey!!

LOL...oh as the girls have also pointed out you need to check your leg lenght....32 is usually standard....I'm 5'4 and they look good with heels....

Oooh, yes. Levis were one of my first buys when getting to goal.

Got them off Ebay mind you:p

And it's so nice these days as you just buy them to fit. With my first pair of Levis, you had to sit in the bath with them on for hours to get them to the right size. Honest!! There were teens all over Britain wetting their pants in the 60s/70s
6exwzlj.gif

i remeber doing that. It was really nasty cos you then had to let them dry on you, and soaking wet non spun jeans take yonks to dry. You took them off and looked like a mollusc!

BEA,
I think it really depends on your body shape. I am a pear, where all my weight is around my thighs so the bootcut looks great on me, as it balances out my thighs,

I have a friend who is the same size as me but carries her weight around her torso, so bigger boobs and belly and slimmer legs (So more of an apple), she looks good in straight legged trousers.

Katie, if you dont already know what cut of trouser looks good on you, I would go into a store and figure that out first before I order the Levis.

:) Just a thought

i remeber doing that. It was really nasty cos you then had to let them dry on you, and soaking wet non spun jeans take yonks to dry. You took them off and looked like a mollusc!

You know, I have a friend of mine who spend $400 on a pair of japanese denim jeans (yes he has too much money), who had to do the same soaking thing... hehe he was so pleased with the process because "It creates something truely unique as it fits your body so well."

LOL

ahhh yes Claire, never thought of that ...... think I'd still swap you though ;)

When I've bought jeans before (from Evans and one pair from Next) I've gone for straight leg or boot cut -- I don't suit the wide ones.

Back