Want me for my body, not my mind? Yippeee!! lol!

Hi Cee, I was worried you had disappeared! Well done for being so committed sounds like your head is in the right place. I haven't told anyone i am on this diet and have just tailored my day around it, so if I were you I would take the salad exactly as you have planned and it will be fine.

My hair, well it's the routine cover up of the roots! Which are pretty grey if I am honest but how grey I do not plan to find put as I have it re coloured every four weeks! Plus at this time of year the colour fades so quickly if i am in the sun. Have gone back to a bob at the moment, as it was all flicked out for a number of years, why to hairdressers get it looking so shiny and straight??

Did soooo much baking yesterday to help a friend who needs 100's of scones for an event, made about 100 and got them all into the freezer as quickly as poss, then DD wanted to bake so she made these choc cookies which came out so well, but quickly got those stored in a Tupperware! Have to confess to trying one of those! Funny but when I cook like that my appetite goes I think it's true that sometimes just smelling the cooking is enough and if you are the kitchen for long enough you can go off the idea of eating. Then made a curry and rice for DD and OH but luckily when it came to eating my sis rang so I left them to it!

Back exercises are going well, it's a big time commitment but hope it works.

Tell me more about about you hair? A friend of mine used to have a salon doing straightening, cornrows, etc and she told me it took hours! I am not good in a salon as I get so bored so I have someone come to the house!

Keep up the good work!

SW where are you???

Hiya. I'm still here, just really busy these days. It helps keep my mind off food.
I always do my own hair because im never happy with what someone else does to my hair, unless its a hair cut. Although, ive cut my own hair before and it looked really good. Despite the act that it was in response to a break-up Haha! The crochet braids involve making cornrows with my own hair and then using a crochet pin to pull hair extensions through my cornrows and making a knot in the extensions so they don't fall out. The end result should be a full head of hair ( I'll be using curly hair extensions). Cornrowing gives my own hair a break for a few weeks and helps it to grow. I'll post some pics when I've done it. It will probably take about 6 hours to do! But I won't have to do much with it for 6 weeks.

So day 3 for me. Sneaky peak at scales say I've lost 6 lbs! OH yeeaahh!!! I'm going to are to hope for a 10lbs loss this week and maybe 4 next week.
Just been invited to a birthday meal at Nandos and there's no way I can refuse. She's a very good friend. So I'm going to look at it as a way to prove to myself that I can be good in the face of temptation and stick to just chicken and salad. Gotta find out the composition of their peri peri sauce in advance.

Last night my cousin was being very disapproving of me doing CD. he came up with the usual bull. I totally expected it so I'm not phased one bit.
Thinking I'm gonna go buy a huge lobster for my Sunday dinner. I love lobster And consider it a real treat so if I'm good all week I'll reward myself with a massive lobster on Sunday. Its a great incentive for me. The rest of the fam can have a roast. They must not touch my lobster!!!

One of the girls at work just came in. She went on WW after watching me trying to lose weight the first week we worked together. She said I inspired her to lose weight. She was heavier than I was, by about 2st. I was 13 St 10, when she got to 13. 10 we said we would lose weight together. She's now 10 stones and a size 10-12!!! And as of this morning I am 13.10!! Hahahahahaaaa! If I wasn't on my way down with CD, I wouldn't be laughing! I can only look forward to when I'll be where she is now. Damn! She looks good!!!
Wifey where are youuuuuuu?

Ladies!!!!! I'm still here. I had a meeting at work that went on a bit late after a totally manic day - result is nowhere near enough water drunk and I'm STARVING!!!

Managed 2 litres so far today and determined to get the rest down before bed time. I'm having a bit of a dodgy week to be honest. I just don't feel like I've got any energy and I'm so tired - I think I need a holiday lol

How are you two? Big love

xxxxx

I am ok but also feeling the hunger! Got my chicken on the side ready for supper with some green veg. But kind of know I will still feel hungry, got to chew slowly!!

SW glad you are still out there, trouble with getting the water down late is the over night effect!! But it's like a mission isn't it concentrating on getting as many litres as possible drunk as well as timing it for the loo visits!

Keep in touch..

Arghhhh just trying to hang on until 8ish for my last shake might have a soak in the bath! I'm going swimming tomorrow after work. Have either of you done any exercise on this diet - last time I tried I was starving!! Xxxx

Played tennis for a couple of hours today which is probably why i am starving! And they had laid on cake, strawberries, and pimms and I said no to the lot!!

Have decided I officially hate the gym! Cycle at the moment with my dog as my back is killing me when I walk for too long (but I can play tennis??)

What about you guys?

Well, I hate the gym too. Realised that years ago. I generally don't like exercise much. I'm trying to figure out what I can do that I enjoy after my second week on CD. I thought Zumba, or street dance classes! As long as no one laughs at me with my baseball cap on backwards haha! I think if the hunger is a problem after exercising then have an extra shake that day.
OH is flailing. He's complaining of hunger. He's a little sad and feeling sorry for himself haha! SHould I let him off? Can I be strong and do this without his support? Dunno. Not if he keeps buying yummy snacks and stuff into the house to feed himself (claims they're for the kids).
Thursday tomorrow, 4 more days to try to lose more weight before WI.

TF&G, going past you with my weight is a good thing for me too I'm feeling the pressure to maintain it now haha. It's great motivation.
1 child off to play group tomorrow, one staying with me and can't think what to do with her.
Feeling positive ladies, let's keep going.

Don't let him off! Or if he caves then he certainly can't bring snacks into the house, your babies are too young to need it anyway and he is not teaching them good eating habits!

Admire you thinking about zumba , it's certainly very popular and I think the baseball hat would look good!! Dd you do your hair? Don't you get that burning sensation in your arms which you do it?? Would be great not to have to do anything else to your hair for six weeks, i wash and blow dry mine everyday!

Just thinking I still have two stone to loose, which seems like a lot, gonna break it into a stone at a time so it's not so overwhelming !

You're right TF&G, I won't let him off. I've done the puppy face and said 'but I'm doing well because you're doing it with me' and 'I need you to do it with me or I'll give up again' haha. So far it's working.
Haven't done my hair yet. Haven't had the time yet. Monday would be my best bet, when both kids are at nursery all day. I can't imagine having to add time for washing and conditioning to my daily routine! I'd probably just wear a hat most days.
As for Zumba, I've done a class before but it wasn't all that. I want to give it another go, maybe it was just that instructor. I took up jogging last year, might try it again when in much lighter. It would be easier.
So, how come you can play tennis for hours but walking causes you pain? That IS weird. At least it doesn't prevent you from exercising so that's a good thing.
Just about to take a nap with my little one. Later xx

HI

Just nosing through your diary:) Well done so far, you are doing great. And especially well done getting your OH to join you, mine flatly refuses :(

I have just bought zumba for the wii - so no one can see me flailing about. Going to give it a go later!

I think I've done good with the water today. Got Nandos tomorrow night. The hot peri peri sauce isn't too high on carbs so I hopefully won't get knocked out of ketosis. Chicken and salad, chicken & salad, chicken & salad. If I keep saying it then I shouldn't stray on the day! Hopefully!
Ladies, I just can't wait to look the way I keep dreaming I will look when all this weight is gone. It's a long way away, a few months, but it's closer than it would be if I was doing anything else so I'll be patient!

egbert said:
HI

Just nosing through your diary:) Well done so far, you are doing great. And especially well done getting your OH to join you, mine flatly refuses :(

I have just bought zumba for the wii - so no one can see me flailing about. Going to give it a go later!

Hi Egbert, thanks. Not sure how long OH will stick with it though. He'll be banned from eating in the house if he quits on me.
Let us know how the wii Zumba goes. I thought of getting the DVD. Is it as much fun if you're doing it on your own?

Right! Day 4 almost down. I have had some chicken some prawn stir fry and some peanuts. I was gonna have a low carb favourite treat for Sunday but I think I've eaten too much today so probably not a good idea. Unless that's all I eat all day. Might change my mind and still get the lobster and have 2 shakes or something. Anyway, I'm still feeling positive. I'm still hanging in there and OH has come home complaining again but still wants to try to lose weight. He just isn't really taking it seriously, yesterday he had a whole glass of orange juice and today half a packet of mints. He says his colleague at work placed them on the desk by him. A hint? Lol! He's lost 6 lbs too as of yesterday morning but isn't happy with it because it's not more than my loss. Lolol! I love the competition. That's probably what's helping me stick to it. I'm dead competitive! I'm not gonna let him off. On mon we get the tetra packs and he can take them with him when he travels.

Hope you have another good day! You seem to be keeping DH on track too!

Looked at myself in the mirror while waiting for DD to try some things on in Zara and realised why I need to loose another 30lbs! Bit depressing as I am sure my home mirrors are different and make me look ok!!

Oh well another day in the battle onwards and downwards!

SW you are not saying much at the moment?

Thinking I should forget about OH doing this with me. He's woken up complaining. He thinks losing 7 lbs since Monday is not enough, despite the fact that he's Bren eating and drinking stuff he shouldn't be. He's moaning about how weak he is and ironically is now saying he'd rather do some exercise bla bla bla hahaha. What a baby. Nothing I say is helping and it's starting to be ME who's supporting HIM to stick to it. Too tiring. Gonna go it alone and ban him from eating at home.
I'm however still determined. Weighed today and a total of 8lbs off since Monday although I STS between yesterday and today. I'm determined to be good for the rest of the week and hopefully get another 2 lb off by monday morning. Then 4 lb target for next week to give me my 1st stone. That would really motivate me to staying on track.
Must drink lots again today. Nandos tonight, and I keep telling myself, their food is overrated. It's really not that great. I shouldn't be tempted to indulge in the rice or chips. The coleslaw is yuck too and the frozen yoghurt is not great. Nothing really tempting to be honest. Gotta find something nice to wear tonight.
How're you guys getting on?

Tall fat and greedy said:
Hope you have another good day! You seem to be keeping DH on track too!

Looked at myself in the mirror while waiting for DD to try some things on in Zara and realised why I need to loose another 30lbs! Bit depressing as I am sure my home mirrors are different and make me look ok!!

Oh well another day in the battle onwards and downwards!

SW you are not saying much at the moment?

Don't get me started on mirrors. My mirrors also make me look ok. I went to Matalan and almost cried when I saw how big I looked and how bloated my face was. Depressing is the right word. I've stopped looking in the mirrors outside my house now that I'm doing something about it. I'll wait till I've lost at least 2 st. The psychological battles we go through.

Ooh my mirrors are the same! I didn't buy them from the fair but you'd think I had, I'm convinced they make me look taller and (in my mind) a bit willowy lol!!!

Managed to get 2litres of water down so far and feeling much better about everything wahoo!!

Can't wait for next week as I'm on holiday and I think that'll help, being able to get enough sleep and go swimming/to the gym. I'm determined to go back to school skinny(I'm a teacher for my sins). Will be beasting the exercise now I'm in ketosis!

How are you two doing? I'm dreading the weekend, that's when I seem to struggle argh! How's your OH getting on Cee? TF&G how's the back? Hope you're both well xxxx

I'm proud to announce that I've just returned from Nandos where I managed to eat only chicken and salad. I watched the others devour the chips, sweet potato, rice, garlic bread and then chic cake and ice cream! I DID IT!! Can't believe it. This is a BIG BIG deal for me and I'm really proud myself. Not sure if I should weigh myself again tomorrow or leave it till Monday. Only shakes tomorrow.
Wifey, you sound really positive, I like it! It's infectious. OH has pretty much given up now. Ive told him he's not allowed to buy any food into the house.
Well, work tomorrow so gotta get some shut eye.
Be good ladies xx

Gooood morning ladies!!!! I'm feeling rather Upbeat today after finding another 1lb less on the scales this morning. Woohoo!! I'm working today and have no packs so I'll either just guzzle water until tonight and have all my shakes or I'll get a salad again. If I feel hungry I'll get the salad. If not i'll wait till I get home.
I'm working at Cribbs causeway today so I'm going to go spend some money at the Next sale during my lunch. All kids stuff. Might be brave and get something for me in a size 12 to hang up in my room for motivation.
Back to work for now x

Back