Water / Juice

MandyJ72

Hi

I've just been on the intro board and introduced myself but wanted to ask a quick question.

I can't drink mounds of plain water in a day - makes me feel really bloated but I do drink Sugar Free Diluting Orange - will that be OK?

Im happy to miss out one of the snacks to allow for any calories in the Orange (which are probably minimal anyway) but just wanted to check!

Thanks

Technically, nothing can replace the benefits of drinking plain water. I used to be a huge soda drinker... I could drink 2 litres + a day. And I hated .. HATED water. And when I first went on a diet late last year, I replaced my soda with basically.. flavored water. I figured the calories were still much lower than soda and that would curb my soda cravings. But it really didn't.

I don't know what Sugar Free Diluting Orange is... or how many calories it has. Having a glass of it a day won't hurt you... but I wouldn't recommend drinking it all day as if it was water.

When I started slim fast and actually kicked both the soda and flavored water... and stuck to just drinking plain water.. and loads of it... after about a week.. it wasn't so bad. After two weeks, I actually craved water! (Can you imagine?!) And now that I've stuck to it for about three months now.... I prefer water.

I do chew alot of sugar free gum though. I found that the reason why I was so addicted to soda...besides the sugar high, was because I was constantly drinking it to keep my mouth wet and have some other taste... aside from my tongue. :)

I hope this helps.. although it really didn't answer your question. At one point I was like you and REALLY hated water. And now I prefer it. Maybe you should give it a real try?

LR

Thanks for your post - will give it a go - just had a glass (yuck!!) - I usually drink Robinsons Special R Diluting Orange Juice but don't think you have anything quite as similar in the US but it's mixed with water anyways!

Will see how I go - thanks agian.

Hi mandy, I buy tesco bottled water. They do a six pack of 2ltr bottles for about £1.50. I have one bottle a day of that just plain but then I have orange squash too because I just have to tast something. I think it works out that in total I have about 3 ltrs a day. I think the cals are about 4 per 200ml glass, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Thanks Linda - it's weird that I can't drink it plain but don't mind when it's got juice in it.

We have an american fridge so can get iced water thru that as well but I don't use it as the water goes thru a filter and that does something to set my cystitis off (had problems since I was 5!).

The amount I need to drink a day doesn't bother me as it's probably about what I drink anyways, it's just I can't stomach it plain!!

You are doing so well Linda - can't wait til I can put goals & DONE next to them!!

Hi Mandy :) I took me awhile to get used to drinking water,and like LR I prefer it now! What helped me was not having it in a glass, I still don't like that! odd!.... I buy a 1L bottle of volvic, and refill it through the day, most days I drink 3L ...it's easy to take out with you and drink it slowly through the day x

I am not a great water drinker either,Actually drinking 2 litres of water a day was making me feel really sick.

I drink asdas orange squash very diluted which works out at 1 cal per 100 mls,its the only way I can personally do it.Ive always been a huge tea and coffee drinker and still do have them but I keep 2 of my 100 cal snacks for tea,coffee and juice.

I am not a great water drinker either,Actually drinking 2 litres of water a day was making me feel really sick.

I drink asdas orange squash very diluted which works out at 1 cal per 100 mls,its the only way I can personally do it.Ive always been a huge tea and coffee drinker and still do have them but I keep 2 of my 100 cal snacks for tea,coffee and juice.

Thanks - I checked the Robinsons bottle this morning and it's 4cals per 100mls of concentrate which I reckon is about 2 drinks worth (I use a big glass!!).

Even working it out at 4cals per glass x 6 glasses (2100mls - already checked!!) that's only 24cals for the juice so should be fine.

Didn't eat all my snacks yesterday so that compensated for it and Im quite happy to cut back on a snack or about 10 pieces of pasta to allow it!!

It's actually about the usual amount I drink as I measured my glass today and it takes 350mls and I usually have about 5 or 6 of those in a day so that's just the same which is good :)

Funny tho - am p'ing for britain!!!!

Wii-Fit was hysterical last night - hula-hooping is fab but my hubby can't do it for the life of him was sooooo funny!!

xx

Thanks Linda - it's weird that I can't drink it plain but don't mind when it's got juice in it.

We have an american fridge so can get iced water thru that as well but I don't use it as the water goes thru a filter and that does something to set my cystitis off (had problems since I was 5!).

The amount I need to drink a day doesn't bother me as it's probably about what I drink anyways, it's just I can't stomach it plain!!

You are doing so well Linda - can't wait til I can put goals & DONE next to them!!

Hi, mandy, I am not doing to well at the moment, haven't been able to get back into it since Easter. Going to give myself a large kick up the bum on Monday!

I so want to get a Wii fit, but I just can't convince the hubby!! What are the big plus points with it so I can sell it to him? lol
Hows your diet going??

Hi Linda

We just got out Wii Fit yesterday - it was part of my plan to lose weight and DH was fine as there is no way on this earth I would go to a gym etc and the monthly fees for that are just too much for us!!

I got it for £69.99 + the recharger battery pack (saves using normal batteries) for £9.99 which was cheaper than I thought they were.

So far I love it - last night there was me, DH and DD all having a laugh at it (DS was at Cubs and then in bed but he's setting himself up tonight!).

I think just being able to not be self conscious of other people around you / the environment is a HUGE bonus - Im fat, I know Im fat, I know I can't cycle for 30mins on a machine without feeling like Im gonna induce a heart attack so I don't need to feel bad about doing what I can and not being able to do more (if you know what I mean).

I just did some more hula hooping and the step up thingy and unlocked the advanced step which had me in knots!!

My DH is really fit - he cycles to work when the weather is nice and it's a 17mile trip into Edinburgh and can take him up to 75mins, he has to get up at 5am to do it and then work all day and then cycle home - but he loves it, but even he is hooked. He was looking at the muscle toning ones to help with his strength for cycling and for his golf - he can't run because he has asthma so even he said it would be good for him.

DD used to dance 6nights a week but has joint problems and can't do nearly as much as she was, as a result, she's now got a tummy and is not happy with herself (she's nearly 14) so she loves the yoga ones and stuff.

It is expensive, but then again, a monthly gym membership is what, £30? So after 3months you have paid for it.

I like that it weighs me, gives me by BMI, tells me how many minutes I've done, I can add in extra minutes for when I've taken the dogs a walk etc - and I can also prove what I've done each day to myself and to DH so he knows Im telling the truth!!

Do any of your friends have one that you could borrow? What about trying to borrow one for a weekend or something and see how you get on with it and get him hooked into it as well and that might be enough to convince him?

Diet - scales said lost 1lb this morning but that's just after 1 day so am not going by that - will take me a few days to show anything! P-ing for britain tho! but not actually feeling hungry and wanting to nibble, had a bit of a wobble at lunch time when I went to get my milk for my shake out the fridge and saw some lovely cheese slices there but just shut the door which made me feel dead proud of myself!

Tonight is another story!! I do mystery shopping and had signed up for a KFC Bucket meal shop tonight and the kids are looking forward to it so don't want to cancel it (free KFC - OK!!). But will take off the outer skin and only have a few chips - I dont actually eat that much KFC anyways so will be fine but so far so good - no cheats!!

I want a Wii.. but they are like $200+ dollars here.. and then another $80 for the steppy platform thing... and then don't forget the games/exercises :cry: :wave_cry:

LR

hi lr, me too, they're about a couple of hundred pounds here too plus extra for the wii fit and paddles, games, etc etc etc! that unfortunately is way too much for me at the moment without hubby out of work but hopefully if we can afford it i'd like one by xmas x

I so want one now!! Littlewoods are doing a buy now and pay April 2010, I might try and convince hubby to get one from there. We never use that account anyway, and it is for my health!! lol Oh..I could have some shoes too!! lol

It sounds really good, I think my hubby would be really interested in the muscle thing, he can't run because of asthma too but he cycles whenever he can and he weight trains every other night too.

I could just get one and not tell him and see if he notices!! lol

That's not a bad deal - even if you paid it off between now and then at £10 a month or something like that?

Bet if you got one he would love it - I gave my 91yr old gran a laugh today showing her me hula-hooping.

She couldn't understand how I didn't have a hula hoop on me but did on the TV bless!!

She said she wouldn't give it a go today in case she put her hip out :D

Back