Weasey's Re-Feed

Here is my refeed progress so far...

WeekPhaseCaloriesCarbsWeight ChangeBlood Sugar (min/max/ave)
1180060+14.8/7.2/5.8
2180060-44.7/5.7/5.2
32100060+4
(need to look up details)
+1
(need to look up details)

I realised I haven't updated these details for a while...

Weasey's Rules for Maintenance

Once my super long refeed is complete I want to be sure that I have guidelines in place to help me to maintain. I still have to fill some details in but here they are so far...

Mindfulness

• I will spend time planning my meals in advance, including when eating out.
  • When it is not possible to plan I will eat protein and vegetables without sauces.
  • I will keep an eye on my portion sizes and question whether I am eating to hunger.
  • I will monitor my blood sugar levels at least 4 times a month.

General Eating

• I will eat breakfast every day.
  • I will not skip meals, no matter how busy I am.
  • I will eat in a low GL manner. (Still researching this at the moment.)
  • If I eat food with a higher GI, such as fruit, I will also eat some protein in order to reduce the GL, such as nuts or yogurt.
  • I will eat a maximum of one portion of fruit a day.
  • If a certain food item is unhelpful I can still eat it but I MUST compensate on the same day. Ideally I would compensate before eating the food (such as a light lunch before going out to dinner).
  • Every week I will have 1 meal where I can eat at most one portion of anything I wish to eat (from Dukan).
  • Every week I will have 1 day when I eat very low carbs (sort of from Dukan).
  • I will not have my trigger foods (bread and cheese) in the house unless we have visitors. I will be allowed them in moderation when out. Even when we have visitors I will not eat them in the house.

Exercise

• I will define an exercise routine, including targets to be achieved. This will be aimed at the activity holiday to Costa Rica booked for December. Exercise will be aimed to prepare me for a 4 day hike, cycling, white-water rafting, kayaking and swimming.

Stop any Weight Gain in its Tracks

• I will weigh myself once a week and weigh in front of someone else at least once a month.
  • If my clothes are getting tight I will weigh myself.
  • If I weigh more than 10 stone I need to reduce my daily calories to a maximum of 1200 until I weigh less than 10 stone again.
  • If I weigh more than 10 stone 7 lbs I need to go back onto 3 packs a day plus protein and attend group therapy sessions until I weigh less than 10 stone again.
  • If I weigh more than 11 stone I need to go back on 4 packs a day and attend group therapy sessions until I weigh less than 10 stone again.

Last edited:
Just checking in Weasey, really thoughtful update. Got to get ready for work (always in a rush!!) but will reply properly later!

It's going well thanks! I've moved on to the next phase - I'll post details of the food list etc later when I'm on the computer rather than the iPad. At a high level I'm adding peas and some extra fruit (such as apples). I put on 1 lb last week. That's fine but I'm now 2lb above goal so I'm going to keep to 1000 calories and 60g of carbs a day (rather than increasing to 1200 calories as was the plan) until I've gone down by a lb or two.

Have been suffering a bit from a bad tummy for the last week or two. Think I know what is acausing it though so shoukd be good to go from now on.

Sounds like your doing great and got things really organised. Those 2 lbs will go in no time.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unwell with your tummy, but it's good that you've managed to still stick to your plan. Ordinarily for me when I'm unwell it's an excuse to eat whatever I want :)

What exercise are you incorporating in your plan?

I've been doing the 100 push up challenge and have started going swimming. I'm currently working out a fitness plan to get me to where I need to be before my activity holiday over Christmas... Going to Costa Rica doing a 4 day hike, kayaking, white water rafting, zip lining, mountain biking, street cycling... Rather scary! Am working out what training I need to do and setting goals at the mo...

Wow 100 sit ups that's challenging. Do you do them on your toes or knees?

Your holiday sounds awesome but I think you'll need another one after all that exertion!!

Lose2Win said:
Wow 100 sit ups that's challenging. Do you do them on your toes or knees?

Your holiday sounds awesome but I think you'll need another one after all that exertion!!

Knees at the moment - will go for it from toes afterwards! I think I'll need a few days off when I get back from holiday - that's for sure...

I think your planning is fantastic Weasey. I do not see an issue with having everything planned- after all, the reason we get overweight in the first place is (for me anyway) partly through lack of planning. It's much easier to just buy a sandwich, stick something in the oven from the freezer... But now you are at goal you don't want to go back to where you were before so it's natural that you want to make sure you don't slip into old habits.

When it comes to 'unplanned' eating I still think the key is planning! Making sure that the food you have in is healthy, and that if you do eat it it's not going to cause you worry. I am lucky in that there is only me to cater for so I don't have to think about what anybody else might want to eat, although I do keep a stash of 'naughty' food in for friends and family who visit. Stuff like crisps and snacks, pasta etc, that I've not touched whilst being on a vlcd.

Also when you go out for meals and things there's nothing wrong with still asking for meals to be altered to suit you. And there's nothing wrong with having it straight off the menu either.

Your exercise plan sounds amazing, I'm so jealous you're going to Costa Rica! Wow! I am convinced that the key to maintain my weight will be to start regular exercise, rather than my twice monthly runs which do absolutely nothing! I'd love to get back into swimming as it's something I was always good at, but I'm still self conscious of my body and I can't face it. Battling my body issues will take longer than my weight loss and I appreciate that. I'm doing 30 day shred which is great but I do think that I need to start running again.

I'm not sure if I already mentioned on here but we have now booked our December activity holiday! Two weeks in Costa Rica with a 4 day hike, mountain biking, cycling, white water rafting, kayaking and zip lining! Exciting! And scary... There's no way I could do those things now as I'm not very fit... I've started going swimming recently (twice last week) and have booked a session with a personal trainer at the gym to define my exercise regime to get ready for the holiday. Am also talking to another personal trainer about starting to do some Muay Thai (kick boxing). Is this really me?!

Yesterday was my 10 years married anniversary. We started with a visit to a kick boxing gym for my hubby to do his training (which I filmed for him) and then off we went to the health club where I went swimming whilst he sat in the jacuzzi. Who'd a thought 10 years ago that we'd have been doing that?!

I've booked in a session with a personal therapist on a week Wednesday. The aim of this is to help me sort out my relationship with food to help me keep at my goal weight. I'm not sure how much I will get out of this or whether it'll make much difference to me - but I want to give myself as much chance as I possibly can to get things right. As many of you will know I have been doing LL as well as SnS and the reason I stayed with LL was the group counselling. Am hoping I get lots out of personal therapy - am certainly going to put everything into it that I can. My problem is that I don't eat out of emotional reasons (except sometimes boredom) so I'm not sure why I eat too much when I do. If I could get to the bottom of that then I could do something to sort it out...

Are you still going to LL now Weasey?

weasey said:
I'm not sure if I already mentioned on here but we have now booked our December activity holiday! Two weeks in Costa Rica with a 4 day hike, mountain biking, cycling, white water rafting, kayaking and zip lining! Exciting! And scary... There's no way I could do those things now as I'm not very fit... I've started going swimming recently (twice last week) and have booked a session with a personal trainer at the gym to define my exercise regime to get ready for the holiday. Am also talking to another personal trainer about starting to do some Muay Thai (kick boxing). Is this really me?!

Yesterday was my 10 years married anniversary. We started with a visit to a kick boxing gym for my hubby to do his training (which I filmed for him) and then off we went to the health club where I went swimming whilst he sat in the jacuzzi. Who'd a thought 10 years ago that we'd have been doing that?!

I've booked in a session with a personal therapist on a week Wednesday. The aim of this is to help me sort out my relationship with food to help me keep at my goal weight. I'm not sure how much I will get out of this or whether it'll make much difference to me - but I want to give myself as much chance as I possibly can to get things right. As many of you will know I have been doing LL as well as SnS and the reason I stayed with LL was the group counselling. Am hoping I get lots out of personal therapy - am certainly going to put everything into it that I can. My problem is that I don't eat out of emotional reasons (except sometimes boredom) so I'm not sure why I eat too much when I do. If I could get to the bottom of that then I could do something to sort it out...

Wow your anniversary celebration sounded great fun. Isn't it wonderful the things that we can do/enjoy when we are slimmer :). Life is so much more fun!!!

I think it's great that you are seeking theraphy. It's something I've been thinking about for a long time. How did you choose your theraphist? If you don't mind I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

BordersGirl said:
Are you still going to LL now Weasey?

Yep - still going to group therapy every week - I just want to give myself every chance and so thought I'd give personal therapy a go...

Lose2Win said:
Wow your anniversary celebration sounded great fun. Isn't it wonderful the things that we can do/enjoy when we are slimmer :). Life is so much more fun!!!

I think it's great that you are seeking theraphy. It's something I've been thinking about for a long time. How did you choose your theraphist? If you don't mind I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

My husband goes to therapy for depression and he goes to an excellent person. I asked her to recommend someone to me. Not much help for you I guess...

I will be posting about how it goes - it's a bit of an experiment! I'm not going until a week Wednesday though...

How is the weight going Weasey? Are you holding steady, up or down? I had a bit of a 'up' when I came out of ketosis and upped my calories but I held my nerve and now things are back on the way down again. I feel good now that I've come out of ketosis and am maintaining my weight. It was something that I found a bit scary to be honest.

Doing OK - madness at the moment as I'm 'splitting up' with my business partner - weight has gone up a bit... Got weigh in tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see... Haven't had anything 'off plan' but haven't been controlling volume or recording what I'm having... Am looking to start recording again tomorrow - and also have personal trainer sessions and personal therapy booked for next week so all of that should help too!

Well I hope that the split isn't too stressful and you can move onwards and upwards soon. I think our bodies will take a while to adjust to new calorie levels and different types of food so we just have to be patient while they get back on track. I'm still recording everything as otherwise I'm not sure I could control what I had at the weekend when I eat a more varied, random things. During the week I tend to eat very similar things each day so it's not too difficult to control. Not sure what to do when I'm on holiday soon as I find recording things when I'm eating out and not really sure about the weights and ingredients quite difficult. I like the comfort of the labels on things I buy or cooking foods from scratch so that I know what's in them :).

Hope the WI went well today xx

Went up by 6 lbs over last 2 weeks (didn't weigh last week). Not a surprise. Am back on track now!

Back