Weasey's Re-Feed

Following your refeed Weasey, I hope it's all going well!
Losing so much must change your body in ways you can't seperks your doctor helping you with your dairy/ blood sugar issue?
I suffered from IBS and it seems to be carbs that triggered it. When on Atkins it was non existent. Since I've been on a VLCD I've also had no symptoms at all, so it will be interesting to see what happens when I re-introduce carbs again.

My diabetic nurse has been really supportive through the whole diet. Fort the first 6 months I saw her every 4 weeks and now I see her every 8 weeks. Now that I am refeeding I'm measuring my blood 2 hrs after every meal (at least that's the plan - I forget a lot of the time). At the start of the week I was getting 4s and 5s - at the end of the week I was getting 5s and 6s, and even one reading of 7.2. Whilst this is fine as an actual blood reading it does indicate a big change in blood sugar - and I've only added a yogurt. I just want to do it for another week to see whether the sugar really os being affected by the yogurt - if so I'll cut it out.

Hope your reintroduction to carbs is ok with your ibs.

Maybe you could try soya yoghurt and see if that's better for your sugar levels? Less sugar and I love it.

BordersGirl said:
Maybe you could try soya yoghurt and see if that's better for your sugar levels? Less sugar and I love it.

I'll definitely do that if it turns out that dairy has a bad effect - might do it anyway going forward, but this week I want to stick to the dairy to see if it does cause me a problem or not. I see the refeed as a voyage of discovery... My chance to learn what is good for my body and what isn't. I've never really listened to my body before.

Great post, and congrats on the weight loss.

Early days for me, on day 7, like you I am diabetic, keeping a very close eye on my blood sugars.

How has the diabetes been for you on you weight loss journey?

Take care

p4paul said:
Great post, and congrats on the weight loss.

Early days for me, on day 7, like you I am diabetic, keeping a very close eye on my blood sugars.

How has the diabetes been for you on you weight loss journey?

Take care

You might want to read my diary during the programme - which is in the Slim and Save Diary forum (called something imaginative like Weasey's Diary' (!) as it contains more detail as I went along. Basically when I started I was on 4 metformin and my diabetic nurse had just added another type of tablet. Within 2.5 weeks I was off all blood sugar medication! I have just reached goal after losing weight for 10 months and in my most recent long term blood test I had a sugar reading of 4.2% - which is low even for people without diabetes! I expect this to go up as I reintroduce more food but I still want to keep it below 7.

Have added some goal photos....

First the horrid start and part way through pictures...

61234-albums3759-picture44259.jpg

The the much happier goal ones...

61234-albums3759-picture53022.JPG

61234-albums3759-picture53020.JPG

61234-albums3759-picture53019.JPG

61234-albums3759-picture53023.jpg

Project Refeed Status...

So - now that I'm on my computer (rather than the iPad) I wanted to record the results of week 1 and set out the plan for week 2 of project refeed!

Week
Phase
Daily Calories/Carbs
Blood Sugar
Comments
Aiming for 800/60g
In the 4s and 5s at the start of the week - in the 5s and 6s by the end of the week.
Although the blood sugar is perfectly OK I am concerned that it went up as I reintroduced dairy. I am therefore going to stay on phase 1 for another week to see what happens.
Aiming for 800/60g

Weasey, you look amazing! fab u lus darling (as they say on Strictly) :). We still need one in the dress of truth tho :).

BordersGirl said:
Weasey, you look amazing! fab u lus darling (as they say on Strictly) :). We still need one in the dress of truth tho :).

Lol! I'll get that sorted at some point... Also need one in the dress I have in a size 10 but holding the same dress which I used to wear in a 24...

p4paul said:
You should consider writing a book about your experience loosing weight? You are a real inspiration.

I think you'll find that Pauline Quirke has already done that!

Weasy, I've logged onto my laptop this morning specially to see your before and after photos as some of them weren't working on my phone. I'm so glad I did :) You have truely transformed youself and you look absolutely stunning. You've lost the equivalent of a whole person and improved your health drastically - what an achievment!!! You are a real testiment to what can be done with a a lot of will power and committment. You just show it can be done without drastic surgery and medical interception. I think the NHS should take note :) Congratulations again and best of luck on your re-feed and maintenance. I'll definately be keeping an eye for your tips and tricks and hurdles.

Thanks!

lol at Pauline Quirke beating you to it.

Your pictures are amazing. I just wanted to pop on and say thanks for posting as it is a real inspiration to actually 'see' people when they reach goal. If anything is going to keep me on the straight and narrow and plough on past the size 16's to a 12 or even a 10 it is posts like these :)

So - I have completed week 2 of my refeed. I have lost a further 4 lbs, my blood sugar is under control and the sort of food I'm eating seems normal now. So it's time to move on to phase 2. The main things I'm adding are a bit of fruit, a few nuts and low fat hummus - I'll post the details when I'm on the computer at some point (rather than the iPad). I'm also upping the calories by 100 a day and the carbs by 10g a day (scary!).

Your before and after shots are insane, you look like a totally different person! Seriously well well done, you are such a massive inspiration!!!! And also even more well dones to you on your plan for refeed, i will deffo be following this thread, and when ever i get to my goal will want to be slowly introducing foods in the same way as you are, amazing stuff beautiful lady!xxx

Back