Weatherspoons

mrs big b

Gold Member
Ok panicking a bit now going to weatherspoons for lunch was gonna have a jacket potato but just been told on Facebook sw page that they deep fry them and they are 45 syns !!! Anyone suggest a better alternative low in syns as possible it's weigh in tommorow

Oh lordy, not this again.

it is NOT TRUE!!!!

Chuck "weatherspoons" in the search engine on here and you will find dozens of threads about this as the rumour mill brings it up again and again.

But it does not happen.

Check the nutrition info on weatherspoons own website and plug it into the syns calculator and it will come up as free.

Or search for Jacket Potato from JD Weatherspoon on the SW website - I don't think its on its own anywhere on the database, but you will find that a rump steak, jacket potato and salad meal comes up as free (fat removed, no butter, no dressing)

So eat. Enjoy.

And tell the facebook lot to get back in their box and stop spreading rumours!

Lol thanks Hun I did wonder because when I looked at the nutrition values the fat & sat fat values were very low :) it's a nightmare I hate eating out but meeting some special friends they're all eating out so don't want to sit there like a wally .

Just looking at the syn values on SW website - jacket potato with 5 bean chilli (no butter or salad dressing) is 1 & 1/2 syns x

Jacket and beans is also 1 & 1/2 syns (no butter or dressing)

Roasted veg is 2 & 1/2 syns

AND jacket potato - no butter NO SYNS!!!!

There you go, its on SW site x

gosh is this load of rubbish still doing the rounds.

it would be one very unedible potato if it was deep fried, for one if it didnt explode before it hit your plate, it would most definately crack a tooth or two.

Lol just read this and started panicing .. i had the jacket potato and beans :) .. just out of curiosity does anyone know the syns value for the dressing they use on the salad? or even which salad dressing it is they use? xx

Hiya,
Can anyone tell me where abouts on the Slimming World website it tells you the Syns for restaurant food please?
Thankyouuuu v muchly!
xx

ahahaha gotta love the crap people tell you. I worked in wetherspoons.. and i cooked the jackets.. ;) and i gurantee you they are not deep fried.. what bull.. They're cooked in an oven.. If i was going to wetherspoons i would always have.. Jacket potato with 5 bean chilli.. cos its sooooo nice. Duno the syns for the 5 bean though, but its quorn and various beans. And just ask for the salad to be served with no dressing xx

can anyone help....i am heading to Scotland on Thursday for a week...and i was flicking thru the SW Food directory....thinking about where and what i might eat...
i was thinking...sure i could have steak and jacket potato....(free on EE)...but when i checked the wetherspoons section..i was shocked to see this is 49.5 syns...:eek:

how could that be....even with the steak fried...how could it be so high?

any idea folks?

honestly i've no idea.. Steaks come straight out of the pack and onto a chargrill.. i know the burger is a lot of syns though
xx

can anyone help....i am heading to Scotland on Thursday for a week...and i was flicking thru the SW Food directory....thinking about where and what i might eat...
i was thinking...sure i could have steak and jacket potato....(free on EE)...but when i checked the wetherspoons section..i was shocked to see this is 49.5 syns...:eek:

how could that be....even with the steak fried...how could it be so high?

any idea folks?

according to the JDs website.....the above has a whopping 1386 calories in the above...
i just cant figure out how..

Could it be the fat on the steak? Mushrooms are cooked in butter.. Salad dressing is quite creamy.. I'd be really interested in knowing
xx

and more protein and fat than GDA...omg..look at the %GDA of sat fat....holy moley....and you would think steak, jacket spuds and salad would b a slimmers champion...

28-day-matured 10oz Rib eye with Jacket Potato and Butter and Dressed Salad

28-day-matured-10oz-rib-eye-with-jacket-potato-and-butter-and-dressed-salad-173.jpg

• 1386kcal
  • GF

NutritionEnergy
(kcal)Protein
(g)Carbs
(g)Fat
(g)Sat.Fat
(g)Fibre
(g)Salt
(g) Per portion138658.394.488.934.99.42.6 % GDA69130411271753943

Sorry, table didnt copy so well 175% your GDA for Saturated fat....:break_diet::eek:

2 words Jacket Potato.;)

but its "free" on SW EE plan?:confused:

have i missed something...? (i am a bit slow on the uptake:D)

28-day-matured 10oz Rib eye with Chips, Peas, Tomato and a Flat Mushroom

• 1350kcal
  • GF
even this seems so very high.....

Back