Wednesday Weighers

Magnificent that is!

I haven't posted myself in ages, but like you my birthday is coming up. I've got 4.5lbs to make target for my Birthday on the 21st. Never thought it was in sight but amazingly tonight I lost 3lbs, got my 5 1/2 stone award and got slimmer of the week :)

How does it feel to be bang on in the healthy BMI? Many of us have just gone from being really really fat, to fairly fat, you are there... Where we all want to be.

Soo tonight I lost 3lbs, which makes that a stone in my first 4 weeks! Over the moon! Got slimmer of the week and slimmer of the month! In one night!! Feel brilliant! :D x

It feels good, doesnt it? I got my fifth in a row Slimmer of the Month tonight. I apologised to the rest of the group for hogging it for such a long time :)

Yeah feels brilliant, totally wasnt expecting it either! x

2 1/2 lbs off this week for me, so just 1 1/2 lbs away from my stone award, Got slimmer of the week & slimmer of the month this week to :)

Aiming for 2lbs for nxt week x

Thank you for the slimmer of the month july graphic, shall update my profile right now :)

Thank you for the slimmer of the month july graphic, shall update my profile right now :)

lol no probs, i hunted it down on the internet :)

Thanks!

I set myself a target of losing 8 Stone by my birthday and if I'm honest I didn't think it was possible, so I'm stoked that I'm heading for 9. It's taken a lot of hard work to get here, you'll know that because you've lost a bunch too. Hitting these milestones are the things that keep me motivated along the way.

Thats fantastic, you should be well proud of yourself x

Actually change my aim...will aim for albs for nxt week, ill shove in a bit of skipping ropes every day and hopefully that gets me some extra weight off, determined little person that i am.

Does anyone have any nice recipes for cottage pie/shepherds pie? abso love it and not had it in ages, but have took a notion for it, my wee boy loves it to would like to have a go at making it :)

question to all the ladies, me off course can comment :p

But did you find that you gained when you had your monthly's?? mines has just came and it will be a first since starting sw, I'm not really that regular but wondering if it might effect nxt weeks weigh in?

well I started SW today and my weight was 24 st 4 lbs would be really awesome if I could get under 24 stones in my first week

it doesnt really matter since potatos are free but I have tried substituting some of the potato mash for celeriac mash but if im feeling really adventurous i put celeriac carrot swede nd potato mash on it, not the best colour in the world lol but yummy taste

sorry this was in reply to the post about cottage pie recipes

Last edited:
I have shaking things up a few times... Like you I lost 2lbs this week, which to be honest should be perfectly acceptable and happy with, but like you, i am *just* short of five stone award. 1lb off!

I keep thinking its all an illusion, all waterweight thats going to come right back if i go off the wagon.

I hate moaning about a 2lb loss, because in reality 2lbs is a great loss, definitely in the right direction, and something I (we) should be proud of. But for someone of my size who is used to 3-5lbs a week, it is frustrating! Especially since I've upped the exercise intensity about 6 weeks ago and am trying hard on the food front (although could be better).

You'll definitely get your 5 stone next week! I'm not certain I will manage mine, I will probably end up being 1/2 shy like I have been with most other awards! But I am determined to keep trying!

Looking at your stats, we started at similar weights, and I have only been doing SW for 3 weeks longer than you. We have done really good, but yeah, it's getting frustrating! x

question to all the ladies, me off course can comment :p

But did you find that you gained when you had your monthly's?? mines has just came and it will be a first since starting sw, I'm not really that regular but wondering if it might effect nxt weeks weigh in?

I've been okay (it has been TOTM last 2 WI's) - I've never gained but I don't want to jinx myself by saying that!! But...my friend always has a small gain the week before she comes on. Usully 1/2 - 1lb, so nothing major. The following week it comes right back off.

Everyone is different. But I'm sure you'll notice a pattern after a couple of months if there is a lower loss/small gain the week before or the week you're on.

Oh, since starting SW, I have become really regular! I can't actually believe it because for years and years I had to guess every month. Now I know exactly where I'm up to!

well I started SW today and my weight was 24 st 4 lbs would be really awesome if I could get under 24 stones in my first week

I remember that very first weigh in. I went with a few friends, I was by far the heaviest, but just looking at the figures i knew that it was going to be the last time i ever saw them that high, in that way it seemed a release.

In terms of your first week weight loss, most people have an extremely good first week weigh in, but some dont, even when they've been good. It tends to be, if it is a big change, you get a big loss. Ie you werent on an existing diet and just swapped.

If you read some of the weight loss diaries on here you'll see others with similar amounts to lose as yourself have seen it melt off in a very quick period of time. Have a look at :

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...ourney-slimmer-healthier-me-pictures-etc.html

A result that makes my reasonably good effort pale in comparison. I keep pinching myself wondering why i never bothered earlier, but as the proverb goes:
"The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is today."

Can i join you Wednesday Weighers?

Im Jenni, joined SW back in October 2011 lost 2.5stone then i went travelling and put 12lbs on

Off to Mexico for my Friends wedding in September and wanted to get back to Target for then!

Started back at 10.8 and want to be 9.10 by the time mexico comes around. 5 weeks in and ive lots 7lbs so 5lbs to go

so for this week - 1lb off (slow but steady i guess)

1lb off for me this week which I am sooo pleased with seeing as I went over my syns rather massively on FOUR different days (alcohol!). On holiday from tonight but I'm going to try so hard to stay on plan. We're staying in the UK so I plan to weigh in next Wednesday at another group, fingers crossed I can keep it going!

I remember that very first weigh in. I went with a few friends, I was by far the heaviest, but just looking at the figures i knew that it was going to be the last time i ever saw them that high, in that way it seemed a release.

In terms of your first week weight loss, most people have an extremely good first week weigh in, but some dont, even when they've been good. It tends to be, if it is a big change, you get a big loss. Ie you werent on an existing diet and just swapped.

If you read some of the weight loss diaries on here you'll see others with similar amounts to lose as yourself have seen it melt off in a very quick period of time. Have a look at :

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...ourney-slimmer-healthier-me-pictures-etc.html

A result that makes my reasonably good effort pale in comparison. I keep pinching myself wondering why i never bothered earlier, but as the proverb goes:
"The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is today."

i love that saying when ive tried weight loss before I hve lost like 8 or 9lbs at the beginning which i know often happens with the very overweight for me the challenge will be sticking to the plan when I slow down to 1-2 lbs a week thts when i tend to get dispirited even though I know this is a healthy loss

i love that saying when ive tried weight loss before I hve lost like 8 or 9lbs at the beginning which i know often happens with the very overweight for me the challenge will be sticking to the plan when I slow down to 1-2 lbs a week thts when i tend to get dispirited even though I know this is a healthy loss

*if* you stick to it (and think about it, this is one of the easiest possible diet that we can all stick to) you might end up the odd week at 1 to 2 lbs losses, but most of your losses will be between 3 and 5lbs a week for many months. You quickly rack up those awards. You'll find even if you dont keep 100% all the time you'll have some amazing losses still.

Back