Wednesday Weighers

Hey all x I get weighed on a Wednesday too :D

I've been quite good this week apart from Saturday when I had pitta bread, humous and olives and a glass of wine - enjoyed it though! I also made that syn free lemon roulade at the weekend - has anyone else had it? It's amazing and really tastes like cake. I wonder whether it's still classed as syn free if I have an entire one to myself every day of the week ......:rolleyes:
Good look tomorrow guys and gals!

So, after my false start today, if its definitely Wednesday tomorrow I shall try again!! Hope that 1lb off that showed this morning is still gone tomorrow!
Good luck all :)

Sounds yummy tara have u the recipe please ?

Hi Texty, here you go:
For the cake - 6 eggs - separated, rind of 2 lemons, 1tbs lemon juice, 3tbs sweetener
For the filling - 1 tub of Quark, 2tbs sweetener, 2tbs lemon juice

- Mis filling ingredients together and stick in fridge until the cake is ready
- Whisk egg whites until stiff
- Beat yolks, lemon rind, lemon juice and sweetener together until creamy
- fold this into the egg whites
- Pour into a greased swiss roll tin (I used a large low sided tray)and bake for 15 mons on gas 6 (200c)
- Turn out onto greaseproof paper
- spread filling ingredients on top of cake and roll up like a swiss roll

I also sprinkled some raspberries on top of the cake as well before rolling it up and then ate it topped with some almost defrosted forest fruits and it's really lovely. (I did share it with other people too)!

No problem. Apparently it also works as a savoury dish if you add salt and pepper to the eggs rather than sweetener and lemon. And you can stir a bit of blue cheese into the quark, then sprinkle on spring onions, chicken, tomatoes etc but I haven't done that so don't know how good it is. I'd rather use it to make the cake!

Yay, 1lb off so I've lost my 1lb gain :)

Well done :)

Good luck for today :)
It's my day off today and I don;'t weigh in till 7.30. I don't usually like days off on weigh day cos I'm free to keep nibbling all day!

I totally agree - i've just got the morning off today to concentrate on work related training and then i go to work 12 to 5, with weigh in at 5.30pm, hopefully being home but working on the computer will stop me putting my hands and anything else in my mouth :)

Back