week 3 gaining weight!

miss-marple

Hello Everyone

Week one I lost 14lbs,
Day 6 of week 2 I had lost another 6lb.

Week 2 (1 day later!) I had put on 4lbs:cry:
now 1 day later have put on another 2! :mad:

I dont understand it, I am ss, no cheating. I did this diet 5 years ago with no problems.

Any advice or reasons why gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance

xx

Only weigh once a week... Each day you can fluctuate depending on your water intake and storage.....so weekly is a more accurate measure of weight loss x

I had the same problem the first time I did the diet. I eventually gave up.

I didn't enough water. How much are you drinking?

I have been much more successful this time. I aim for 4litres a day - so always have a minimum of 3.

Are you weighing yourself at the same time every day or at different times? Your weight can fluctuate by up to 7 pounds (and sometimes more than this) over the course of a day.

All sorts of things can affect how much water your body has on board at any one time: hormones, being stressed or tired, being a bit under the weather, whether you've done some exercise...

But if you're doing SS 100% it's impossible for you not to be losing fat, okay? Water weighs a lot, so if you're retaining water, it can hide the fact that you've lost fat. Scales are really stupid, unintelligent things - they can't tell if you've lost fat but are retaining water. Even those snazzy scales that are supposed to be able to measure all sorts of things aren't entirely accurate.

So stop worrying, stop weighing in everyday, and be assured that you will be, most definitely, losing fat if you stick to the diet 100%. Sometimes it'll take a week or two for all of that loss to show up on the scales, but it will show up.

Well done on your weight loss so far. :clap:

agree with others weigh once a week but wish l could pratice what l preach

Lily said:
Are you weighing yourself at the same time every day or at different times? Your weight can fluctuate by up to 7 pounds (and sometimes more than this) over the course of a day.

All sorts of things can affect how much water your body has on board at any one time: hormones, being stressed or tired, being a bit under the weather, whether you've done some exercise...

But if you're doing SS 100% it's impossible for you not to be losing fat, okay? Water weighs a lot, so if you're retaining water, it can hide the fact that you've lost fat. Scales are really stupid, unintelligent things - they can't tell if you've lost fat but are retaining water. Even those snazzy scales that are supposed to be able to measure all sorts of things aren't entirely accurate.

So stop worrying, stop weighing in everyday, and be assured that you will be, most definitely, losing fat if you stick to the diet 100%. Sometimes it'll take a week or two for all of that loss to show up on the scales, but it will show up.

Well done on your weight loss so far. :clap:

Hi lily
I went to my Cambridge diet consultant and she told me my weight loss is slow to water retention around 36 above normal.
This actually concerns me as I heard of a woman died due to water relation on cd.
Thanks for help

Maybe totm nearing? I tend to retain alot of water, someon advised me on taking the water balance tablets from holland and barrett, they are just under a fiver and they work for me...

Been reading up... Water tablets are really only a quick fix... The minute you eat your body we go back to it's natural state.. Better off doing something kong term to minimise water retention... Maybe lowering carbs and drinking more water ? X

Been reading up... Water tablets are really only a quick fix... The minute you eat your body we go back to it's natural state.. Better off doing something kong term to minimise water retention... Maybe lowering carbs and drinking more water ? X

I wasn't suggesting taking them all the time, I only take them afew days before my totm and during. They reduce bloatness and I don't retain the water making me same as everyday, after that I don't touch them as my body gets to stay in its natural state thr'out.

Ladyrose said:
I wasn't suggesting taking them all the time, I only take them afew days before my totm and during. They reduce bloatness and I don't retain the water making me same as everyday, after that I don't touch them as my body gets to stay in its natural state thr'out.

Yes like I said quick fix ... I have tried lots.. Not yet found a really good one though..:-(....... I'm on peppermint oil capsules now daily... To see if that helps... Not noticed yet although I'm not bloated at the min, will be interesting to see how I feel nearer to my period...although I'm taking them to just settle my tummy long term really because it does get irritated... any of you found a good brand if water tablets yet.. ? X

Hi Hun. Water retention on cd!!!!!! This won't make you die :) what u r thinking of is the person who drank loads of water in a very short space of time on a diet similar to cd. Her brain swelled with water as did her bodies tissues.

Yeah that dafty drank a whopping 9 pints of water one after the other because shed been unable to drink all day at work (or something). Never drink more than a pint an hour and try to not guzzle.

Water retention happens to most women. Good news is in a week (or two for some women) you'll get a good loss when it all goes!!

Back