Week 9 Weigh In- I Wont Give Up!!

JodieJoJo

Silver Member
:mad:

9th weigh in this morning - 1lb loss for the SECOND WEEK RUNNING - urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, aaahhhhhhhhhhhh, :sigh: - that's better!

It is SO annoying because at this rate its going to take me another 3 months to get to goal.......

I am still in ketosis so cant understand where i am going wrong.

Anyone had similar difficulties?

how disheartening! well done on keeping ur reslove tho...please dont let this get to u too much...and try not to lapse. if u keep at it, the weight HAS to shift. Im sure it will even itself out to give u the 14ish lb loss over the month. keep on trucking, u r doing really well. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

You poor thing and well done for not giving up, I'm sure I would have been so cheesed off all that effort for a lb:mad:

I have heard this before and I'm sure you will have a woosh very soon and your weight will plummet, just hang on in there. You are getting smaller even though the scales aren't going down, check your measurements.

Pointers I've heard before.....

Up your water intake and avoid fizzy water cos it has a higher sodium content.

Space your packs out during the day, too many nutrients all in short space of time can be hard for the body to cope with.

Keep yourself regular, if you know what I mean.

If you've been doing muscle building exercise this may effect your weightloss but you will still be losing fat and inches.

Hi Jodie,
Feel so sorry for you babe, but at least its still a lb off.
please dont think about giving up tho babe as the weight is bound to start dropping off again real soon, keep your chin up babe and you will get there, but in the mean time :hug99: and lots of :vibes::vibes: for you babe
to be honest am sure mine is gonna slow right down now to even tho i am not cheating,but just cos i am not far from goal now as well babe

JodieJoJo
I am losing at a pound a week too:(
I am in ketosis, had a couple of minor blips but back on the wagon properly.
You know I go to the gym, I am not muscle building just cardio.. I can;t understand it either cos I drink about 4 litres and space out my packs and split my 790 meal too...
I think I am probably gonna end up limping my way to goal at a pound a week too....
Sending you :grouphugg:
You know where I am XX

Hi Jodie,
Feel so sorry for you babe, but at least its still a lb off.
please dont think about giving up tho babe as the weight is bound to start dropping off again real soon, keep your chin up babe and you will get there, but in the mean time :hug99: and lots of :vibes::vibes: for you babe
to be honest am sure mine is gonna slow right down now to even tho i am not cheating,but just cos i am not far from goal now as well babe

thanks honey. Dont worry I wont give up, I am still very determined just a bit weary thinking that it might take me alot longer than i first anticipated. you are doing amazingly well. it must be so nice to be in the 9stones! may i ask how tall you are?

JodieJoJo
I am losing at a pound a week too:(
I am in ketosis, had a couple of minor blips but back on the wagon properly.
You know I go to the gym, I am not muscle building just cardio.. I can;t understand it either cos I drink about 4 litres and space out my packs and split my 790 meal too...
I think I am probably gonna end up limping my way to goal at a pound a week too....
Sending you :grouphugg:
You know where I am XX

Thanks Nicky. With all your exercise are you feeling the inches come off rather than the weight? i think my clothes feel abit loser these past 2 weeks even tho the scales havent moved much. Thanks for your support honey and well done to you for getting so far - btw i'm going to look at getting an mp3 like you suggested for my b'day xx

Hi

You poor thing and well done for not giving up, I'm sure I would have been so cheesed off all that effort for a lb:mad:

I have heard this before and I'm sure you will have a woosh very soon and your weight will plummet, just hang on in there. You are getting smaller even though the scales aren't going down, check your measurements.

Pointers I've heard before.....

Up your water intake and avoid fizzy water cos it has a higher sodium content.

Space your packs out during the day, too many nutrients all in short space of time can be hard for the body to cope with.

Keep yourself regular, if you know what I mean.

If you've been doing muscle building exercise this may effect your weightloss but you will still be losing fat and inches.

Thanks for the pointers Cheb. I don't have fizzy water but I do have a can of coke zero every day.

I shall try to space out my packs abit more - i have been leaving them quite late and then having a shake and bar together with my meal in the evenings so perhaps its been abit of an overload!

I havent been exercising but i think i have possibly lost some inches.

Thanks very much for your reply xx

how disheartening! well done on keeping ur reslove tho...please dont let this get to u too much...and try not to lapse. if u keep at it, the weight HAS to shift. Im sure it will even itself out to give u the 14ish lb loss over the month. keep on trucking, u r doing really well. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Karen. I shall keep strong! You are quite right - the weight has to come off doesn't it? Fingers crossed for the next few weeks xx

I thought your target seemed quite low so that makes sense now! i'm 5ft 4 so i'm going for 9 and a half - if i ever get there!

I have lost 1lb a week for the last 3 weeks and fell off big time on Monday.
So am back on ss 100% only water and packs, no bars or fizzy for me.
I need to get it moving off fast again. I`m just waiting for the ketosis fairly to remember where I live lol
Good Luck

hiya jodiejojo, :hug99:
I can't say that I wouldn't be pixxed off about that babe coz I would be, big time, to I'm taking my hat off to you hun for staying sooooooo focussed and determined. I would say that it should speed up more so from your next weigh in. What did your cdc say?? I know weight loss slows down nearer goal but with you only having 790 I would have thought that it would come off a bit quicker....I wonder if it's the coke zero?? did you say you're still in ketosis??/ That's great if you are, my aam week took me out :mad:

I hope you feel ok hun, you sound so full of determination, nothing will stop you... I know you really look forward to your coke zero hun but why not experiment..... go without it for a week. Leehal did this to see if it made a difference to him, we don't think it did, but he was losing big each week. I would imagine you may see a difference if you give it a go.

Either way hun, you've done brilliantly.

I'm aiming for 9.5 stone too, I'm just under 5ft 5".

take care hun xx sj xx

You have done so well and as SJ said can't pretend I wouldn't find two weeks of a 1lb really tough and hard on the motivation. But you have done brilliantly well to stick with it and are now so near your goal. That is the only thing I can think, both you and Spooky are near goal and both finding lower losses, maybe there is a connection. Either way stay as determined as you are and you will get there.

:hug99:

Georgie
x

I agree with others, there must be a connection to the slower weighloss and the fact that you're so near goal.

It's slow and I imagine tiresome but I suppose what's the alternative... if you come off of it and go back to your old eating ways, you risk putting the weight back on and I imagine that although you've a little bit to go you're probably feeling better at your current weight than you did do at the start.

Have you considered going up the plans and getting to the stage where you've introduced a healthy way of eating to your life and you're happy with that. I know some say that you can still lose going up the plans..

This is sort of related JJJ hence I've tagged it onto your thread. It made me realise that if you're focused you can just make CD a way of life for however long it's needed, let your body do the work and then re-think your eating when it's time...

We've made the decision to do this diet for all the individual/personal reasons we've listed and really it's the most brilliant diet because on a daily basis it really is something we don't have to worry about - the packs and water are just the fuel the body needs and as long as we make sure our body's getting these things our lifes can just continue..

It's not easy but there are days that I try and think of it like that...

Here's the story:-

I was talking to a lady (J) I met on Saturday night who has been doing LL for 13 weeks. She said she'd been on SW before and had lost 5st but had put it all back on again so when she started LL she asked the LLC not to tell her each week what she had lost until she had lost that 5st because in her mind that's where she wanted to start from..

Each WI her LLC would tell one of her friends who went along with her and that friend would text J's partner. At her 12 week WI the LLC told her that she was very near her 5st target and would probably do the 5st at her next WI. After her 13th WI, she was out for her OH's birthday and asked him to tell her what her loss total was and it was 5st 3lb...

She's a lot left to lose and plans to stick with it until Christmas and then review how she's feeling, but how incredible to be so focused and motivated without those weekly WI results..

She said, at the end of the day she knew the diet worked and whatever her weekly WI she knew the weight would come off.. she didn't want to be demotivated and thinking, I've been to this party and been good and this bbq and been good and only lost 1lb. At the end of the day her weekly WI are not what she wants to lose - she wants to lose the number of stones they'll all add up to...

Listening to her, I really admire her. She's so right the diet works and if it's a choice of the CD journey, maintaining your current weight and losing a pound or a few pounds in addition to that each week or eating normally and putting the weight back on, I hope I'd know what I'd choose....

Hope this doesn't sound that I'm preaching because I'll be the first to admit it's bl**dy hard but would love to get my head in the same place as this ladys...

H xx

Hi Jodie

I cant really add anything that hasnt already been said. Ive had weeks of low losses and I know how disheartening it can be, but stick with it and it will come off eventually, Ive had two decent losses now in the last 2 weeks so it does catch up eventually.

Stick with it hun. Can you imagine what a 1lb block of lard looks like. Absolutely revolting... or pick up a bag of sugar, its amazing how heavy 1lb actually is.

Just to reiterate what everyone else has said, it could be because you now have a healthy BMI that your losses have slowed, but if you are sticking to the diet, and drinking the water, then even on 790 plan you will be losing 2 - 3lb of fat a week, if the scales say any different then its just water fluctuations.

Stay strong hun. You know you can do this. You are so close to your goals now it would be a shame to give up.

(((hugs)))

Thanks SJ, Hannah and Sam.

Hannah - thankyou for the story about that lady on LL. How interesting. It is so true that when you have a big loss one week you feel on top of the world and the motivation is given a lift; but if you have a bad week it can undo all of the good work. I can totally see why that lady chose to do it the way she did. I don't think I could do it, but its a great idea.

I've decided that I will look at my next 2 week losses and then count the pounds for the 4 week period - that should give me a better idea of what is going on.

I'm off to Turkey next Wednesday till Saturday to see my husband's family. I am going to have to eat one meal a day there as i haven't seen them for over a year and my mum-in-law will be so upset if i dont eat any of her food! It takes her about 3 hours to prepare each meal so alot of work and effort goes into it. Luckily, turkish food is really fresh and healthy so i will just try to steer towards the protein and low carbs. No baklava or turkish delight for me!

Although the road to thin-ness now seems much longer, even if it takes me a further 3 months (at one pound per week) I will still be at goal for christmas and I'll be more than happy with that:)

Thanks for all your comments and advice - you make this diet so much easier :psiholog:

Hiya jodie been reading your thread and even though you're upset you're still super motivated. What may have happened is you're body's plateauing which happens with every diet so you go through a few weeks of small weight losses as you've now got less to lose and less fat for your body to take from but it should pick up again in a few weeks and on the plus side you're still losing weight :-D

Back