Week one anyone?

No one apart from my partner Lee knows I'm doing it! I've withdrawn a little from social scenes and will emerge as a butterfly in approx 6 months lol. Not even told anyone at work x

Hiiii all I'm just starting today I have about 6 stone to loose (possibly more will see when I get there) I've done exante before and did well but I'm back at my biggest I've been for a while again so wanted that kick start, good luck everyone!

Hiiii all I'm just starting today I have about 6 stone to loose (possibly more will see when I get there) I've done exante before and did well but I'm back at my biggest I've been for a while again so wanted that kick start, good luck everyone!

Welcome!! I'm starting today too....11.56 and starving. Trying to wait until 1pm until I have my bar for lunch lol!!

Hi Natwaaa, welcome :)

Sarah, I usually have a bar for lunch which I split in two and eat over the course of the day so I am never get to feeling overly hungry

Hi Natwaaa, welcome :)

Sarah, I usually have a bar for lunch which I split in two and eat over the course of the day so I am never get to feeling overly hungry

Good idea!

I've started this week - on day 5 and been 100% so far.
I need to lose a large amount too but it seems like such a huge task so just focuses on each day and have set a 2 stone mini goal by 1st June.
Good luck on your journey - this forum seems like a great source of support.

Hi all

I'm not doing too bad so far I'm feeling determined, I'm a carer so I've took the lads I look after to the pictures and McDonald's today but I've not caved, always feel a bit down when I first start anything like this as it takes a lot of the social side of life away but the benefits outweigh that :) just have to take each day as it comes, hope your all having a good day x

Wow well done for being able to go to McDonald's and not cave! Not sure I could do that! X

Thanks I'm sure you could though! With it being my first day i wasn't going to give in so quickly, it's unavoidable with my job unfortunately!

Actually I think I could I have turned down loads of things at work, cakes biscuits, sandwiches! I'm thinking I should have my last pack but not really hungry yet. How has your first day gone? Think I went to bed about 7 on my first day lol x

Actually I think I could I have turned down loads of things at work, cakes biscuits, sandwiches! I'm thinking I should have my last pack but not really hungry yet. How has your first day gone? Think I went to bed about 7 on my first day lol x

Yeah you just have to prepare yourself for having to say no to stuff it's so hard sometimes though! It's been fine I'm starving like but I've done this before so knew what to expect, I'd probably be in bed by now but I'm at work so can't go until 11 :( how's your day been?

My days been ok, feel a bit bloated think it might be coming up to totm so hope I can get through that ok. Just tried the Daal pot and couldn't eat it so another one to add to my don't like list lol x

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm on day two which was going really well, until I just had a big glass of redwine . That will be my last though, back on it tomorrow. I have just read it can be really dangerous to have wine when you are in ketosis!

I have the Dahl pot for tomorrow, is it really that bad Baxter 1974? I had the honeycomb shake yesterday, it was sooo horrible. Enjoyed the choc mint shake though and the curry and rice was good

Thanks I'm sure you could though! With it being my first day i wasn't going to give in so quickly, it's unavoidable with my job unfortunately!
You did well. Me and my husband took my father in his wheelchair to Tesco, while I pushed trolley with my daughter. Then we went to a cafe before we took him bk to care home. He had a cream scone, my daughter had a gingerbread man, my husband had cheesecake and I had a bottle of water and a black coffee haha
Could have killed them for being so inconsiderate.

Good Luck for Day 2

Hello everyone!
I am a total newbie, been reading everyone's diaries since I started on Thursday, I am finding it quite hard because I work at a school and am supposed to sit and eat with the kids at the canteen and the food is always fatty and sugary and tempting!! I've asked if I can just bring my shake in and have that but they won't let me :-(
I usually have the porridge for brekkie and then a bar at 11, pretend to eat with the kids at lunch but end up chucking most of the stuff from my plate (which I hate because I hate food waste when so many people are starving!!) then sit in my car and have my shake afterwards like a lonely loser ha ha ha! I think the kids at school think I am totally crazy but it will all be worth it when I can actually play with them in the playground without fear of causing an earthquake with my wobbly belly stomping around!
At night I usually have a quarter of a chicken breast grilled in 0 cal spray and about 5 asparagus, just because I like to sit down and have a meal with my own kids and not show them a bad example of being on yet another "diet" (they've seen me start so many and then just not get anywhere and give up and drink loads of wine and eat a load of cheese in despair, so I haven't told anyone this time, just want to get a few lbs off first!)
Anyway, you are all doing so so so well, well done, it's very inspirational so thank you!!!
Good luck everyone and hang in there, it WILL be worth it!!xx

Welcome and good luck on your journey, what you are doing sounds great and I'm sure the scales will give you a huge surprise on Thursday x

You did well. Me and my husband took my father in his wheelchair to Tesco, while I pushed trolley with my daughter. Then we went to a cafe before we took him bk to care home. He had a cream scone, my daughter had a gingerbread man, my husband had cheesecake and I had a bottle of water and a black coffee haha
Could have killed them for being so inconsiderate.

Good Luck for Day 2

Oh you feel like strangling them sometimes don't you haha! My fella is quite good about it normally, he feels bad eating in front of me but then that makes me feel weird so I usually tell him I'm not bothered even though it's hard!

Hello everyone!
I am a total newbie, been reading everyone's diaries since I started on Thursday, I am finding it quite hard because I work at a school and am supposed to sit and eat with the kids at the canteen and the food is always fatty and sugary and tempting!! I've asked if I can just bring my shake in and have that but they won't let me :-(
I usually have the porridge for brekkie and then a bar at 11, pretend to eat with the kids at lunch but end up chucking most of the stuff from my plate (which I hate because I hate food waste when so many people are starving!!) then sit in my car and have my shake afterwards like a lonely loser ha ha ha! I think the kids at school think I am totally crazy but it will all be worth it when I can actually play with them in the playground without fear of causing an earthquake with my wobbly belly stomping around!
At night I usually have a quarter of a chicken breast grilled in 0 cal spray and about 5 asparagus, just because I like to sit down and have a meal with my own kids and not show them a bad example of being on yet another "diet" (they've seen me start so many and then just not get anywhere and give up and drink loads of wine and eat a load of cheese in despair, so I haven't told anyone this time, just want to get a few lbs off first!)
Anyway, you are all doing so so so well, well done, it's very inspirational so thank you!!!
Good luck everyone and hang in there, it WILL be worth it!!xx

Good luck! Sounds hard to have to sit there and pretend to eat but like you said it'll all be worth it :)

I have the Dahl pot for tomorrow, is it really that bad Baxter 1974? I had the honeycomb shake yesterday, it was sooo horrible. Enjoyed the choc mint shake though and the curry and rice was good

I like the curry and rice but I really didn't like that though but we all like different so give it a try! X

I find the shakes better with more water than the packs suggest - 400ml I use.

Back