Week one anyone?

I find the shakes better with more water than the packs suggest - 400ml I use.
I agree. I use ice actually in my blender and it lasts longer too!! 200ml makes them taste really artificial, the extra waters dilutes that taste.

When you all have the burgers/sausages do you just eat them alone? With nothing else?

Hi, this is my first post and I'm starting g exante tomorrow. I've got 5 stone to lose since major weight gain after hysterectomy. I'd welcome any advice or support anyone has to keep me on track. Thanks

I will def have to try adding ice and more water to the shakes. I didn't like the sweet and sour noodles today either but I am Hopeing I will get used to them, as I have ordered a whole box! Is anyone vegetarian? Im a pescatarian, which limits choices. I didn't stick to the diet again today, ahrrr. I ended up going to zizzi's with the family at lunch time. They all had yummy pizza's and I had salmon and salad. Def going to do better tomorrow! How is everyone else managing?

This is my 3rd attempt at Exante but always failed within the second week but I feel more determined than before that this is my time to lose. I've got 3.5 stone to lose. My little boy is disabled and I WILL do this for him so I'm in the best shape possible for anything he needs me to do!!! Day 1 today, and hoping for a 7lb loss by next week so fingers crossed!!! Good luck everyone yous are doing so well !

I'm on my 4th week of exante - my 4 week weigh in is on Wednesday. I've had a few slip ups. Like yesterday I binged on crisps and sweets all day. I also ate bad for a couple of days last week. I've lost a total of 17lb in 3 weeks and will see what the scales say on Wednesday. Although I have loads to lose! I've got like another 6 and a half stone to lose xxx

Hi everyone hope your doing good. 5lb off this week but slipped up at the weekend :-( back on 100% though suppose were not all perfect lol but I'm trying not to feel guilty so onwards and downwards lol total 22lb in 3 weeks makes me smile!

Hi everyone hope your doing good. 5lb off this week but slipped up at the weekend :-( back on 100% though suppose were not all perfect lol but I'm trying not to feel guilty so onwards and downwards lol total 22lb in 3 weeks makes me smile!

Wow Lucy amazing even with a weekend slip!!!!! Brilliant x

I'm on day one and really hungry. Does anyone have any tips on how to fight this off. I used ice in my shake today and was so much nicer.

The first 10 days were awful for me but sooooo worth getting through it, I seemed to take longer than most so I'm sure you will be ok in a few days. Drink loads of water and as a treat with my tea I have a Coke Zero that always takes the edge off for me. If that failed I would have a bath and go to bed, I was always exhausted that first week x

The first 10 days were awful for me but sooooo worth getting through it, I seemed to take longer than most so I'm sure you will be ok in a few days. Drink loads of water and as a treat with my tea I have a Coke Zero that always takes the edge off for me. If that failed I would have a bath and go to bed, I was always exhausted that first week x
Thanks for the advice, it's great to chat to someone else in the same boat. I am going to try to drink more water today and try to avoid coffee. Fingers crossed I see a result in a week as since having a hysterectomy weight loss seems so slow and I want to lose 4-5 stone by October! X

hey guys, I'm on day 4 and have lost 4lbs so far. I'm really confused with the whole diet and don't think I am really doing it properly. I'm haveing 3 packs a day and a low carb dinner. Last night 2x poached eggs and salad and low fat cheese with balsamic vinegar. I don't really understand the ketosis but I don't think with what I'm eating I will manage to go into it. I've got a big event in 19 days though which I will be drinking at and I think it's really dangerous being in ketosis and drinking. Does anyone have any advice on this? I plan on being more strict in a couple of weeks. I'm finding that I'm now feeling full after the bars and shakes How is everyone else doing?

hey guys, I'm on day 4 and have lost 4lbs so far. I'm really confused with the whole diet and don't think I am really doing it properly. I'm haveing 3 packs a day and a low carb dinner. Last night 2x poached eggs and salad and low fat cheese with balsamic vinegar. I don't really understand the ketosis but I don't think with what I'm eating I will manage to go into it. I've got a big event in 19 days though which I will be drinking at and I think it's really dangerous being in ketosis and drinking. Does anyone have any advice on this? I plan on being more strict in a couple of weeks. I'm finding that I'm now feeling full after the bars and shakes How is everyone else doing?

Hello Han.star and welcome!
What makes you say you're not doing it properly? Have you had a read-through on the Exante website guidelines with regards to the solution you chose? If so it'll tell you exactly what you can/cannot eat or drink.
As long as you're eating all your packs and drinking enough water you'll be fine... (And following the Exante online guidelines)

I'm on day one and really hungry. Does anyone have any tips on how to fight this off. I used ice in my shake today and was so much nicer.
I'm on the start of my 3rd week and although I obviously still fancy food the hard hunger feeling has died down. I've got rid of all the foods I hate, it's hard enough without forcing packs down that I don't like. I'm excersising a few times a week and feel good
If I get hungry then a bovril totally takes the pangs off.
Keep it up girl

Thank you Natwaa!!
It is quite hard and sometimes I just cave and have a nibble of something, but most days I don't even fancy the stuff, I'm in "the zone" and don't want to be feeling tempted by foods if you know what I mean!
I can't really explain to my colleagues about the diet because they are all mega judgemental and would go into massive overdrive of telling me I will wind up in hospital/dead because of not eating fruit and veg etc etc blah blah so I find it easier to just sit there pushing my food round my plate and gulping water manically hahaha!
Yesterday one of the girls noticed I slipped my burger into a jiffy bag to give to my dog (he waits for me in the car while I do the lunch shift and then we go for a big walk in the afternoon, so he loves my "hidden canteen food!") and went off on a massive sermon/rant about all the things I should be doing differently and how if only I just went to the gym every now and then I wouldn't even need to diet BLAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just agreed and got on with it as I know that trying to explain stuff only fuels the debate and really I'd just like to be left alone, but it is frustrating! Like DUH? really? so that's what I've been doing wrong!?! All these years and there's me never bothered to even try and go to the gym! Silly me!
Oh, except wait a minute, I have been going to effing gyms since I was 20 (I'm 39) and tried the whole 'juste eat sensibly and exercise thing' about a million times and it just doesn't work for me!
Also she's one of these naturally skinny concave-tummied creatures that can eat a pony and it probably comes out the other end neighing happily and with not a pound of it stuck to her!!
Grrrrrr!!!!
OK, rant over, sorry!
Appart from that how is everyone doing? I have weigh in tomorrow so quite looking forwards to that, feel a little bit... hmmmm, not slimmer, maybe just "emptier" (unsurprising), so I'm hoping to have a couple off. I go on hols in 2.5 weeks and am not expecting any miracles, but anything rather than how I felt last Thursday when I began would be awesome!
I won't bore anyone with my "food" selection as it is much the same as everyone else, hope you're all having a great week
xxxxxxxxx

Ps sorry about the sideways profile picture, I have no idea what's going on there, it looks normal on my computer but then goes sideways on here! Just in case people thought I have a strange neck or I'm trying to be artsy, no, I'm just a clutz with technology ;-D

Hi everyone. I'm new to exante and on day 5. Gosh it's hard! I'm in ketosis, well according to the sticks I got from Amazon, but still craving food.

I'm trying to take my mind off all this hunger but just reading through the latest posts I think it's quiet common.

I've stuck to it 100% and haven't had a sneaky look at the scales yet... Just in case it's not as good as I'm hoping!

Has anyone had any of the meals which they recommend, as having only tried a few I'm not that impressed. Also, how much water should we drink a day?

Thank you Natwaa!!
It is quite hard and sometimes I just cave and have a nibble of something, but most days I don't even fancy the stuff, I'm in "the zone" and don't want to be feeling tempted by foods if you know what I mean!
I can't really explain to my colleagues about the diet because they are all mega judgemental and would go into massive overdrive of telling me I will wind up in hospital/dead because of not eating fruit and veg etc etc blah blah so I find it easier to just sit there pushing my food round my plate and gulping water manically hahaha!
Yesterday one of the girls noticed I slipped my burger into a jiffy bag to give to my dog (he waits for me in the car while I do the lunch shift and then we go for a big walk in the afternoon, so he loves my "hidden canteen food!") and went off on a massive sermon/rant about all the things I should be doing differently and how if only I just went to the gym every now and then I wouldn't even need to diet BLAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just agreed and got on with it as I know that trying to explain stuff only fuels the debate and really I'd just like to be left alone, but it is frustrating! Like DUH? really? so that's what I've been doing wrong!?! All these years and there's me never bothered to even try and go to the gym! Silly me!
Oh, except wait a minute, I have been going to effing gyms since I was 20 (I'm 39) and tried the whole 'juste eat sensibly and exercise thing' about a million times and it just doesn't work for me!
Also she's one of these naturally skinny concave-tummied creatures that can eat a pony and it probably comes out the other end neighing happily and with not a pound of it stuck to her!!
Grrrrrr!!!!
OK, rant over, sorry!
Appart from that how is everyone doing? I have weigh in tomorrow so quite looking forwards to that, feel a little bit... hmmmm, not slimmer, maybe just "emptier" (unsurprising), so I'm hoping to have a couple off. I go on hols in 2.5 weeks and am not expecting any miracles, but anything rather than how I felt last Thursday when I began would be awesome!
I won't bore anyone with my "food" selection as it is much the same as everyone else, hope you're all having a great week
xxxxxxxxx

Hi Underthesea, I can relate to your post - esp about the nibbling. however, I stopped it because when I was doing Cambridge, I got into that habit, and as I was still losing weight, I kept the habit once I got off the diet (like a few nips here and there didn't count in the whole calorie counting scheme)- and that's pretty much the reason I'm back here.... I nibbled myself to fat :eek: I'm not saying everyone's the same, but if you can avoid it, I definitely would! and as a serial snacker, when I off plan 10 days ago, I noticed I was super strict with myself the first 3-4 days, and went back onto full nibble-mode after that. It's what I have to work on BEFORE I get to goal!

Hope that lady leaves you alone and doesn't blow your cover, or better yet tries to steer you off course. It's very frustrating when people think that because you're bigger/overweight you don't exercise! so rant away, this is your safe space

Have a great 100% day

Back