Weekly weigh in thread

Hello all, couldn't make the weigh-in last week so tonights loss is over 2 weeks - 4.5 pounds yay, hope everyone is doing ok, cannot stress how much exercise has increased my losses for anyone out there struggling x

Oh dear, put on 4lbs.............. was expecting 2lbs due to partners birthday, pizza, wine, cake etc etc, a bit of a wake-up call for me as no longer in the 11's, about to update my stats (with a heavy heart) x

Hello all, 2lb off for me this week, happy with that and happy to be back in the 11's, hope everyone is doing ok x

Hi there,

Im looking to join you all after trying a Total Meal Replacement diet and having a serious allergic reaction to one of the shakes!!

I just wondered your opinions of it!

Ruth
x

Hello, although I was natuarally slim many moons ago I have let my weight slip over the years, I have tried many diets and this one is the only one I have ever stuck to .......

The main reason I like RC is that you eat follow the 5% fat rule which is a little confusing but generally you look on the BACK of a food item and check the fat per 100g, if it is 5 or less it is ok. This is what you follow all the time and then as the weeks go by you are allowed to add little high fat treats.......

Another reason I like RC is that you get a free exercise class with your weigh in ............

I am not knocking SW or WW as they are massively popular and obviously work but for me WW would not work as you can eat whatever you want as long as you count your points and I would want to eat rubbish, with SW you have 'free food' that you can eat as much as you want and for a greedy gut like me it would not teach me portion control........

I admire anyone who can follow a VLCD, a friend of mine has lost 6 stone in 4.5 months, she looks fab, is far healthier and feels wonderful but it not something I could ever stick to, also I do think it is hard work after following a VLCD to re-train your metabolism ......

I have lost 2 stone 2 lb in 16 weeks on RC and have not stuck to it 100% all the time and I love it, i know it is a cliche but it really is a lifestyle change now, I love eating low fat most of the time with the occassional treat.

The key for me has been exercise, I have gone from being a couch potato to doing 5 fitness classes a week, running, parking the car 20 mins away from work and walking and I mainly drink water, about 2 litres of it a day..........

It really is horses for courses but I cannot praise RC enough, hope this is helpful :)

Tractor girl said:
Hello, although I was natuarally slim many moons ago I have let my weight slip over the years, I have tried many diets and this one is the only one I have ever stuck to .......

The main reason I like RC is that you eat follow the 5% fat rule which is a little confusing but generally you look on the BACK of a food item and check the fat per 100g, if it is 5 or less it is ok. This is what you follow all the time and then as the weeks go by you are allowed to add little high fat treats.......

Another reason I like RC is that you get a free exercise class with your weigh in ............

I am not knocking SW or WW as they are massively popular and obviously work but for me WW would not work as you can eat whatever you want as long as you count your points and I would want to eat rubbish, with SW you have 'free food' that you can eat as much as you want and for a greedy gut like me it would not teach me portion control........

I admire anyone who can follow a VLCD, a friend of mine has lost 6 stone in 4.5 months, she looks fab, is far healthier and feels wonderful but it not something I could ever stick to, also I do think it is hard work after following a VLCD to re-train your metabolism ......

I have lost 2 stone 2 lb in 16 weeks on RC and have not stuck to it 100% all the time and I love it, i know it is a cliche but it really is a lifestyle change now, I love eating low fat most of the time with the occassional treat.

The key for me has been exercise, I have gone from being a couch potato to doing 5 fitness classes a week, running, parking the car 20 mins away from work and walking and I mainly drink water, about 2 litres of it a day..........

It really is horses for courses but I cannot praise RC enough, hope this is helpful :)

Wowee thank you so much!

I have tried WW, SW and Dukan and a few others and have the same problems! This sounds great!

Unfortunately I cannot get to a class as The nearest one to me is over 15 miles away but I will be going to fitness classes as there are plenty in my area :)

They have an offer on a trial month on the Internet so I have taken it :)

Thank you so much for your help! What an inspiration!

Ruth
X

Hello all, happy to report 5lb off for me :bliss:am very happy with that, all the exercise has obviously paid off !!! Hope everyone is doing ok x

Oh dear, 2.5 on for me this week, expected as I have had a cough and cold so could hardly exercise, also went out for a meal at the weekend :( x

No weigh-in last week as closed due to bank hol, I have not been good and have not done my usual amount of exercise so really chuffed to find that I had lost 1.5, time to re focus now as need to be trying to enter the 10's, hope every one is doing ok x

No weigh-in last week as closed due to bank hol, I have not been good and have not done my usual amount of exercise so really chuffed to find that I had lost 1.5, time to re focus now as need to be trying to enter the 10's, hope every one is doing ok x

Hi - Hoping I can join this thread?
I have been doing SW for a few years and yes I lost weight but I eat far too much - greedy piggy.
I did RC before I had our boys and was not a vegetarian at the time - I lost loads and was a happy 8st 12lb - well I won't ever see that weight again!!!!!
I go on holiday in less than 6 weeks and need to lose at least half a stone, more would be great.:p
I bought the new magazine yesterday after 'digging' out a 5 star diet book that I got a few years ago. The 1200 cals per day looks ok and I am giving it a go.;)
Any suggestions/ideas/help will be very welcome.
Thanks Irene

Hi Irene,

I've just completed week 3, I lost 7lbs in the first two weeks. I'm sure you can do it too!

My main focus has been to stay within the calories per meal and the snacks or as close as possible. And I use the booklet for ideas. I didn't do a great deal of exercise during the first two weeks but I'm starting to do more now! I use an app to keep track which makes life sooo much easier as well. Other than that, planning ahead and making sure I have something healthy with me so I'm not tempted.

This weekend hasn't been great but I have had 5 good days so hopefully it'll be ok tomorrow at weigh in :s

Best of luck!

A x

I am officially starting tomo morning I will weigh in tomo morning and update you all, my weigh in might change though as I prefer to weigh in at the end of the week

I weighed in tonight and have lost 1.5lbs in the last week - I really believe it is down to the walking I have done which is approximately 9.5 miles in the last 3 days and the fact that I started the RC plan on Saturday. I know a full week will give me a true result so onwards and downwards I hope.

Well done Irene, that's fantastic!

I stayed the same this week, but that's ok, I did have cakes over the weekend!!!! Will keep going!!!

On to next week, have a good one x

Weigh in tonight :) hoping for good results. My birthday tomorrow so gonna have day off diet :)

Well done on your loss x

Back