Weekly weigh-in

The last time I actually went to see a Dr, was here in France for medical clearance to work... he weighed me and very kindly reminded me that I'm "enormous". I told him that I knew thanks very much then cried for half an hour once I'd left his office. I detest doctors.

~Silence~

Gods, that's awful, Silence. Could it have been a mistranslation?

Sadly no.
Obesity isn't as widespread in France as it is in the UK.
He's right I am big...at that time I had 10.5 stone to lose... now I'm down to 9. The next time a Dr tells me I'm overweight I'm gonna tell him that I am losing weight... that last year I lost 10% of my body weight which is the recommended amount so nerrrrr. lol

~Silence~

Well done on the loss hun. :D

I know what you mean about docotors too.

I went a couple of years ago with really bad headaches and he took my blood pressure, looked a bit confused, took it again and said "oh, it's normal!", as if to say that's odd as you're fat! :rolleyes:

Hope you feel better soon.

Have you made a decision on having the test yet? x

:wavey: You ok? x

Thanks for your messages. I did go for the blood test today. Previous experiences with the NHS has led me to believe that one must 'play the game' to get anywhere.

I took the plunge (so to speak) and went swimming on Monday. It was really lovely actually, energising and yet relaxing. After I had swum my 70 lengths I floated in the middle of the pool with my eyes closed and it was like being in a sensory deprivation tank. The only worry was that a life guard might have thought I was unconscious and dived in to rescue me!

I'm going today and hope to make it a regular thrice-weekly event.

I lost 2lbs again this week, so I think my weight-loss must be naturally slowing to a healthier speed.

I'm on the brink of another goal: One more ounce and I'll be under 20st, and also in the 'morbidly obese' bracket, rather than the 'super morbidly obese' one.

Love and hugs to all :snoopyhouse:

Great stuff Ro, well done. I believe slower loss is better loss, more permanent in my opinion.

The only worry was that a life guard might have thought I was unconscious and dived in to rescue me!

Oh I don't know, might have been a pleasant experience if he was a hunk ;)

:D

Still a good loss though.

Well done, you are doing brilliantly! 70 lengths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm impressed.

I hate the fact that everyone assumes overweight = unfit. Years ago my mother would constantly say how terribly unfit I was, and that I should be like her and build up to swimming 20 lengths a time. One day I snapped, went swimming and swam 52 lengths (a mile) straight off.

:8855:perfect peace followed.

Mothers, bless 'em. My mum would go on and on about my weight whilst putting food in front of me. No she says I look scrawny and should eat more.

Well done on the loss hun & keep up the good work with the swimming. x :)

(has anyone else noticed how she's not actually anwered the quetion about how hunky the lifeguard was??!! ;) :giggle:)

I had actually jools, she is keeping something from us I'm sure ;)

Well done on swimming and on your 2lbs loss Sarah!
For the record, I agree with Jim. Slower weight loss is better. 2lbs a week is a good solid loss. Keep it up lass! :D

~Silence~

:bliss:I'm a teenager!:bliss:

I am so happy! I weighed in today at 19st 11lbs, so a loss of 3lbs this week. I'm also now officially morbidly obese, not super morbidly obese.

I can't express to you all how pleased I am today.

:gen126:

Reactions: Jim
:cool::553::happy096::clap::clap::clap:

That is so good Ro, I did wonder where you were.

Super, what more can I say, well done

Back