Weekly weigh in

Well I have had a great week and lost 5lbs. :D Needless to say I am thrilled to bits.

Hope you are all getting on ok.

Well I have had a great week and lost 5lbs. :D Needless to say I am thrilled to bits.

Well done, Sarah! That is amazing! :D

I am trying to up the exercise this week. Didn't stick to it 100% over the weekend, so trying to be good now....

My life story...always trying to catch up!

Thanks Lisa. I was just looking at your BMI and you are very close to 25, which is good. You will get to your target weight. Just hang in there.

Don't worry dreamingmaid, the solutions are fine and you will be in ketosis. :D I wouldn't get hung up on the carb contents as the level of calories you are having will also have an impact on ketosis. I would just be rest assured that you will lose weight and the hunger will pass. Incidently my combination of packs has about 45g of carbs and I then have a 15g meal, so that puts me up near 60g of net carbs and I remain in ketosis. I have 1000 cals per day. If you were following a low carb diet, they would say 20g of net carbs max a day, but you would be getting lots of cal by way of fat. So it's all quite complicated to describe on a forum.

On the headaches, are you drinking your water? I did find I had headaches and felt rough for a good week, but I was an absoloute carb junky, so I think I had a long detox. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions that you want to ask but don't want to post.

Also I would add that if I had been hungry on the products, there is NO way I would still be doing it 15 weeks on. I used to eat loads every day and hunger would have made me give up.

You should come out of the worst of the detox this week. Good luck. ;)

Thanks Sarah, it makes more sense to me now...so in a nutshell we have more carbs on a vlcd than on a low carb diet because we are not getting any other calories anywhere else. Unlike low carbers who can eat unlimited amounts of meats, fats etc. gottcha!

Very well done on losing 5lbs this week, that is amazing, you must be very pleased.

I tested myself for ketosis this evening and i'm pleased to say i am in it. Hooray! Now hopefully my body will be burning fat.

Thanks for the kind words Dreamingmaid. I am pleased with the 5lbs off. Been a good week.

Yes, you have it all correct about carbs and cals. Pleased to hear you are in the big K too! You should stay in now. You might find sometimes that you test and it doesn't go pink, but don't panic as it will just mean you don't show excess keytones at that time. Your body will be fat burning for sure and you shouldn't feel hungry between meals now.

That's amazing NB! :D

Are you doing Total Solution? How have you found it?

I have to admit...I found TS difficult so switched to WS.

Have a good weekend ;)

Thanks Mathswiz....yes, I'm still on TS. I'm amazed I've coped so well, but it is early days. Hopefully I'm going to try and keep on it until June and then switch to WS. Though seeing Sarah's amazing success does tempt me to think about changing earlier.

:happy096: Congratulations Sarah on such a fantastic weight loss. My OH and I (sound like the Queen) have started walking in the evenings. A brisk walk along the seafront (4 miles) will hopfully help things along

Thank NB. Your walking will help loads. I wish I had the sea to walk along! But do have a lovely lake on my doorstep, so can't complain really.

I wouldn't want to influence anyone, but I have certainly found losses to be good on the WS. I am glad I did 4 weeks on Total, as I shifted the first 25lbs and that gave me a massive boost. I think I had more to lose from my start point though than you guys.

But then I figured that if it was going to take me another month to shift my weight but I got to eat food in the evening, then it was worth it. I just had to be sure that I would remain committed for the extra month. I initially set out to do 12 weeks on Exante and now I envisage being on it for 20 and then following the healthy solution to get me back to full food. Every day I look in the mirror and it confirms that it has been so worth it!

NB, if you want any help when you do go over to WS with what to eat, feel free to PM me and I will email you some bits to help you.

Thanks Lisa. I was just looking at your BMI and you are very close to 25, which is good. You will get to your target weight. Just hang in there.

Thanks Sarah. :)

I always seem to hover above BMI 25 and never quite get under 25!

Hopefully this time will be different! :D

Well another 3lbs gone :character00100: that makes a stone +. I'm now overweight and not obese LOL. I'm hoping to maintain this now until the end of May as a few things coming up. In between I'll stick to TS as it' obviously working for me. The walking is helping as well. Just have to keep OH motivated.

Well another 3lbs gone :character00100: that makes a stone +. I'm now overweight and not obese LOL. I'm hoping to maintain this now until the end of May as a few things coming up. In between I'll stick to TS as it' obviously working for me. The walking is helping as well. Just have to keep OH motivated.

Well done, NB! :D

I re-started TS today. I am doing 4 packs a day. Not sure if I will be able to do it...I did find 3 packs difficult last time. I'm gonna give it a go anyway....

I just want to get to goal....struggling a bit at the moment....

Well done, NB! :D

I re-started TS today. I am doing 4 packs a day. Not sure if I will be able to do it...I did find 3 packs difficult last time. I'm gonna give it a go anyway....

I just want to get to goal....struggling a bit at the moment....

Good luck MW :happy096: perhaps that's what you need is that additional food pack.....split between the day and evening it maybe will give you more of a feeling of satisfaction rather than deprivation. Keep thinking positively. You've lost 10% and are determined not to see that come back. So how ever long it takes to get to goal keep telling yourself 10 % has already gone forever !!

Well done NB! A stone gone already is fantastic. You must be really pleased.

Good luck Lisa with trying 4 packs.

1lb off for me this week, which as I lost 5lbs last week, I am happy with. So I have now lost 4.5 stones. Onwards and downwards....

A 1lb for me this week. Pleased as I've had 2 days off and when I weighed after the weekend I'd gained 2lbs. So still happy to be showing a loss. Going for 100% this week, then a day off....my daughter's 21st. Got to celebrate that in style. She has learning and physical disabilities and has gone through a lot over the years, so this will be a big family celebration.

Hi all

Well 1st weigh in and wow I have lost 12lbs!

Start Date 02/05/09
Start Weight 18.5

Week 1 -12lbs (17.7):eek:

Goal 1 17st Done:D
Goal 2 16st
Goal 3 15st
Goal 4 14st
Goal 5 13st
Goal 6 12st
Goal 7 11st
Goal 8 10st
Goal 9 9st

Hi all

Well 1st weigh in and wow I have lost 12lbs!

Start Date 02/05/09
Start Weight 18.5

Week 1 -12lbs (17.7):eek:

Goal 1 17st Done:D
Goal 2 16st
Goal 3 15st
Goal 4 14st
Goal 5 13st
Goal 6 12st
Goal 7 11st
Goal 8 10st
Goal 9 9st

OMG Becky! That is amazing! :D

I'm so happy for you!

I will be joining you on TS again this week and not eat fruit! ie: doing it properly! Hopefully I will lose more than 1 pound this week!

You will and you will do great, I would swap with you in a heartbeat to be your weight!

We will get there with the great support from everyone on here.

Just say the word if you need a chat im always here! I might need the favour returning one day soon lol

Love Becky x

Well done girls, feels great to lose weight doesn't it. NB, have a great night on your daughters 21st, anything nice planned?
Bexster, 12lbs is just amazing you must feel ecstatric....makes it all worthwhile doesn't it.

Back