Weel 3 update

Cavycrazy

Silver Member
Another 1.5lb off .!

Delighted but a bit disappointed as was hoping for 3lb this week...but hey..hoo... onto week 4 and see what that brings.

I still thing the bars mucked up last weeks weight loss, so will be interesting to see if things get on the move again this week.

Hubby has kindly obliged and scoffed my last 2 bars just in case I get tempted. :D

I still find it unbelievable I have gone 3 weeks without cheating, eating and stuck with it 100%!!

Deb x

Glad the weight still coming off! Keep up the good work staying 100% is the way to go and the weight loss next week will be fab. Great for your self esteem too when you know you are sticking to it 100% even if the weightloss this week was a little less than you hoped.

Dizzy x

Well done Deb, another 1.5lbs gone forever. It's always a bit up & down, you'll probably have a bigger loss next week. Seems as though you've identified the bars as a potential problem for you, be interesting to see how you get on this week without them.

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks for your lovely emails, will reply soon x

For Cavycrazy!

Hello! Ive been reading your threads and u r doing so well, so dedicated! I need some help on how you cope when your hubby is eatin normal food, -dont you get tempted? I work in london during the week and im fine then, but at the weekend, with my fiance, we go to the pub and my diet seems to go out the window, -i only experienced that this weekend cos i havnt seen him for a month as he works away. But i really dont want it to happen again and he is going to be there each weekend until xmas now, which is great, but not for sticking to cambridge! Help!!

Katie x

Hello! Ive been reading your threads and u r doing so well, so dedicated! I need some help on how you cope when your hubby is eatin normal food, -dont you get tempted? I work in london during the week and im fine then, but at the weekend, with my fiance, we go to the pub and my diet seems to go out the window, -i only experienced that this weekend cos i havnt seen him for a month as he works away. But i really dont want it to happen again and he is going to be there each weekend until xmas now, which is great, but not for sticking to cambridge! Help!!

Katie x

Hi Katie

thank you for your kind words and sorry to read you are having a bit of a struggle with things right now.

I think the reason I am SO determined right now, is that I REALLY REALLY want these extra stones off that I have piled on over the past years.

I have messed about so much, made many excuses as to why (believe me there have been many :D ) have put the weight on...but something has just clicked in my head and I am totally focused.

I have lots of reasons why I want to loose this weight and they are all purely selfish !! I am kind of putting me first for a change! I know that sounds terrible. :eek:

My hubby is being very supportive because he knows I am not happy with being overweight. So we are not going out for meals, which we used to do at the drop of a hat! . Hes cooking his own meals, so am not getting tempted with that. Hes a better cook anyway so he doesnt mind. We are just avoiding all the things that we know will trip me up!

I am getting loads of support from him which I think is sometimes half the battle. He knows I want this so badly hes not going to help me sabatage it, which I have done on many occassions with other diets :eek: .

The more weight I am loosing the more determined I am becoming. I know that sounds very sad, but I truly do want this.

I am tired of being overweight, and I know there is only me that can change that.

Of couse I would love a magic pill that did it for me, who wouldnt :D.

I want to get on with my life being a 'normal' weight and not hiding away all the time because I feel so self-conscious of my extra stones.

You too can do this Katie, you just need to avoid the triggers that are starting you off, I know its not easy, but it can be done. Can you avoid going out to eat ? and cook at home maybe ?? avoid the temptations ??

I always remember what my CDC told me at the start of this diet...just remember its not forever!! I keep that i mind because I know I will be able to go out for meals in the future and have a few treats etc.... but I wont be miserable about it, and under control with my weight.

Keep going Katie, you too can do this. :) I know its hard, but just think of being that size smaller by Christmas , it will be well worth it.

Deb x

Deb, this seems to happen to a lot of people, particularly in the first few weeks, weight loss can be erratic. But a small loss is generally then followed by a big one so don't feel it is all going wrong. Take a look at people's weigh in threads and you'll see how often this happens.

Katie, you've only got another stone to go so it shouldn't take too long. Can you persuade your OH that going to see a film would be better than the pub, or, if eating out is a necessity, that chinese is healthier for you than chips. This eating out and party thing is just the hardest bit to deal with, because it is your social life too. But it won't be for much longer, you are so nearly there.

Thanks guys! I know i just have to change habits when around my OH, we just love cooking with each other and creating new recipes, but i know that if i can just stick to my plan for another month i will be there! He is supportive and will go along with what i want, i might just have to avoid the temptations like mealtimes at his house! Its only 2 days a week, why i am i so worried about it! I just know myself and how im so easily tempted! Well, stuff that, i want to lose weight more than i want to nibble on haribos all afternoon while watching the tv! So, my positivity and determination has been renewed and i AM going to do it!!

Good for you Katie, and I'm sure with his support you'll reach your goal and then be able to enjoy cooking good healthy food together again.

Back