Weight gain on fast start ??

size102b

Banned
I'm doing fast start this week and my weigh days are Monday, I don't scale hop like I used to but had a lil look this morning and I've gained 1.5lbs since Monday ???????
I've had 17/18 points each day been hungry and have done 2 zumba classes my 3rd tonight. I've drank water had green tea tracked even brought new kitchen scales.
Ok 5 weeks ago I gained 2.5lbs I take it's pmt I lost the 2.5lbs the next week but no extra so no loss for 2 weeks.
I'm not bloated and have a lil discomfort upper. :/
I've brought some water tablets but am confused
Eat less exercise = lose weight ?
I know we shouldn't weigh daily but I'm not, I also don't feel it's not eating enough as people lose weight when exercising and 3x zumba a weeks not alot of exercise.
I am confused ?? X

I hope so just know I'll usually lose my weekly weight by Thursday?
Will carry on though and hope it's just water x thanx xx

Im a notirious scale hopper, have to stop myself now... but how we hold onto water affects the numbers on the scales a lot... its better to look at it as a pattern over a period of time (i.e. weekly) than daily... esp if youve been exercising when you start exercising, or up the intensity than what you are used to I was told that, initially, it affects how your body holds onto water and your muscle make up, but it evens out.
my gym instructor once told me that muscle weighs more than fat... my ww leader slated that as total RUBBISH! So am not sure :cool:

best stick to wi day hun, that way you cant be upset or distracted by mid week changes in the numbers.... :)

im sure youll see a loss!!! xx

Hi thanx guys
Muscle does weigh more than fat thou :)

I haven't really upped my exercise been exercising for 19 weeks have changed it from Treadmill to zumba But that's 6 weeks ago ?

I think I need to stop scale peeping as you say but it's hard I don't look so often like I used too

I can't be gaining fat as I've hardly eaten lol
Will carry on as I am

Thanx guys xxx

my gym instructor once told me that muscle weighs more than fat... my ww leader slated that as total RUBBISH! So am not sure :cool:

A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat, but muscle is denser so takes up less space. This is why body composition counts as well as body weight.

The less body fat we have the leaner we look cos fat is bulkier than muscle, but at the end of the day a pound is a pound

Why are you doing Fast Start anyway??? Its only supposed to be for when you start WW or are platauing which youre not. Youre doing really well without it missus *HUGS*

I wanted to 'do' the 10lbs August challenge :rolleyes: Maybe thats why Im gaining too low a points???? xx

Don't mind the scales - you have another 3 more days till your official weigh-in. I have not been on my scales since last Friday (which is a miracle). Keep my fingers crossed for you that you get a loss this week. I am sure that you will be down.

I always weigh in the middle of week and it usually shows my weight for Monday,I did used to scale hopper :( but stopped,just wondered what zumba and fast start would do?
Think maybe fast start wasnt the best idea so may just go onto 21 points a day and not have the 10 points I havent had so far? TBH its really hard this week doing fast start :sigh:
Thanks I hope we do get a loss ;) xx

It probably is exactly why!! 10lbs is a high aim on WW, and honestly not very practical and well you know it :whoopass: and thats the reason I NEVER do challenges. Youve set yourself a 10lbs target, not really probably achievable on WW in the space of a month, sooooo youll lose say 7lbs and instead of being absolutely delighted youve lost 7lbs youre going to feel youve failed.

Youre doing SO well on WW I wish you could see it. Its not a race - youre doing brilliantly... stop setting yourself inachievable targets and messing with your success :whoopass:

In trying to aim too high, youre messing with a winning forumla xx

It probably is exactly why!! 10lbs is a high aim on WW, and honestly not very practical and well you know it :whoopass: and thats the reason I NEVER do challenges. Youve set yourself a 10lbs target, not really probably achievable on WW in the space of a month, sooooo youll lose say 7lbs and instead of being absolutely delighted youve lost 7lbs youre going to feel youve failed.

Youre doing SO well on WW I wish you could see it. Its not a race - youre doing brilliantly... stop setting yourself inachievable targets and messing with your success :whoopass:

In trying to aim too high, youre messing with a winning forumla xx

I know I know :eek: lol thou you speak all the w sense in the world I thought id join in :D but 7lbs is fanatstic and I go for 7lbs a month but my goal was averaging 1.5lbs a week.In 22 weeks I have had 21 losses and 1 gain I have done it 100% so its what my body wants to do,I always do it by the ww book so if I gain I just have to see it as retention or muscle mass.

I suppose my race umph starts up occasionally as Ive yoyoed so much and had to get to this point of losing 3 stones to like start off where I did 5 years ago on cambridge diet.......But as I always state thats past this is now thats a lesson to help me now.

My christmas countdown challange isnt challenging anyone to lose lots its just you pick a weight amount to lose from anything you want,I st it at 4 stone in 9 months if I dont reach that then I will still be a winner as I tried my hardest,but I totlly agree with too high challenges they arent going to help us stick with it as they being to high can then make us feel deflated even though 7lbs on ww in a month is great and spot on.

I did lose 3.5lbs then 2.5lbs in the last 2 weigh ins so I think I should be :cool:

xx

my scales have just broken (thankfully) im im just going to my mums to weigh myself, hers weigh 3 pound less than i weigh so i have to keep that in mind. I dont know how id survive on 17 points id be awake all night with hunger, i struggle to be full on 25 points lol xxx

I started on 24 points it's hard when you go down a point, when your used to that your down another point lol :) but I'm usually on 21 I have 4 lbs to go to 20 , you just learn to have filling foods as the points go lower xx

Back