Weight loss again

Day 77. 65.5kg
We had a get together with friends yesterday. Although i had some drinks ive not overdone it with that or with food. Slept v little though so today it's all about chilling. Im on annual leave this week so we have a couple of hill walks planned in and potentially travelling around to see a couple of friends. Also im going to get in some extra exercise classes to test out. Clocked in at 11k steps for yesterday and got the whole study cleaned and sorted (which had been cluttered since the last clean spree). Now will just need to buy a new desk for the room and a green house in which to store all my plants during the coming months. My garden really needs me again. But today is all about resting.

Starting Week 12. Day 78.
65kg (10.23st, 143lb).
Week loss = 1.5kg (3.3lb) whoohoo!
Overall loss = 12.6kg (1.98st, 27.7lb)

1kg left to reach the next milestone and then change to the next...

Will I be able to get to 141lb this week I wonder...? I will continue with the 700-800cals a day and im upping my exercise this week ever so slightly given its a work free week. Again, no pressure but id love to get rid of another 2 pounds this week meaning I would've compensated for that lost week...there's hope I guess... I have classes booked for today, wednesday and thursday. Walkies outside for Tuesday and Friday. Here goes something....

Last edited:
D79. 64.9kg.
Yesterday i had 700calories of exante and a lovely dinner. 3.75l water, 8k steps and aqua aerobics but also 3 small alcoholic drinks. All good as there was no overdoing of anything just good ol clean holiday chilling. Sloooowly sliding back into v old healthy patterns with consumption. If only i could hold it during busy work weeks! Shall see.

D80. I will not be doing a weight in today. I think time has come to ease on that as the grams I drop on a daily basis are quite low. Ill see how I go on that front, I might find that I dont like it.
Otherwise given that I'm on holiday and have just been notified I need to do some work this week...I had a bit of a meh moment yesterday thinking: well, if I end up working during my holiday, restrict food, restrict drinks and do all this house work...how is it a holiday? I wont have any other free days until christmas and I really will feel like ive missed out on an opportunity to have a bit of chilled time.
Hence i decided this week to do a "reverse 2-5"....that is 2 days in the week when I have fairly normal food and the rest of the days on 7-800cals. I had a treat last evening and the next time will be Saturday when I'm seeing a very old friend who I havent seen in 3 years. I will ensure I keep it to keto food though on Saturday (as yesterday I didnt, on purpose).
Today i will use the extra energy/glycogen to do the work I need to do to get rid of that (rolling eyes) and to try a box fit class in the afternoon. I am not feeling guilty as this one meal has been in my thoughts for the best of 12 weeks. First its gone from my thoughts, second it was so nice to just chill a little bit, third i used my tiny plate and ate half of what i would've a few months back. I like testing these things nowadays and see how i react differently. Nonetheless journey continues as I'm not "healed" yet. It was 1 day not a whole week. So today im back on 700cals with 2 exante and 1 keto dinner.
Also yesterday morning although ive been good on 700cals i started to feel physically low and numb again. It got resolved once i had some babybel and bacon but I think that on the long term it may be worth for me to increase my intake by 100cals everyday. I shall see though as it may differ based on exercise levels also.
I do feel happy about this decision for this week: choosing the grey area rather than my own all-or-nothing tendencies, feeling in control and me deciding when and what I have rather than some craving, being kind to myself especially by not overdoing it. Im happy with this.

Having to work for 9hrs without even a shower and to forego a class on your holiday is crap. Finished at least. Going out to have some fun now.

D80. I will not be doing a weight in today. I think time has come to ease on that as the grams I drop on a daily basis are quite low. Ill see how I go on that front, I might find that I dont like it.
Otherwise given that I'm on holiday and have just been notified I need to do some work this week...I had a bit of a meh moment yesterday thinking: well, if I end up working during my holiday, restrict food, restrict drinks and do all this house work...how is it a holiday? I wont have any other free days until christmas and I really will feel like ive missed out on an opportunity to have a bit of chilled time.
Hence i decided this week to do a "reverse 2-5"....that is 2 days in the week when I have fairly normal food and the rest of the days on 7-800cals. I had a treat last evening and the next time will be Saturday when I'm seeing a very old friend who I havent seen in 3 years. I will ensure I keep it to keto food though on Saturday (as yesterday I didnt, on purpose).
Today i will use the extra energy/glycogen to do the work I need to do to get rid of that (rolling eyes) and to try a box fit class in the afternoon. I am not feeling guilty as this one meal has been in my thoughts for the best of 12 weeks. First its gone from my thoughts, second it was so nice to just chill a little bit, third i used my tiny plate and ate half of what i would've a few months back. I like testing these things nowadays and see how i react differently. Nonetheless journey continues as I'm not "healed" yet. It was 1 day not a whole week. So today im back on 700cals with 2 exante and 1 keto dinner.
Also yesterday morning although ive been good on 700cals i started to feel physically low and numb again. It got resolved once i had some babybel and bacon but I think that on the long term it may be worth for me to increase my intake by 100cals everyday. I shall see though as it may differ based on exercise levels also.
I do feel happy about this decision for this week: choosing the grey area rather than my own all-or-nothing tendencies, feeling in control and me deciding when and what I have rather than some craving, being kind to myself especially by not overdoing it. Im happy with this.
This sounds like a good plan - and that you are getting to know your body/mood and handling how you are really well.

D81.
Totally lost the plot and overdid it yesterday and didn't keep to my plan. I feel awful today and need to reign it in for the remainder of the week in any way i can. Jumped on the scales and im 2kilos up who knows if its water or not...anyway... Upset with myself would be an understatement so the only way to sort this is to get back on track. Had my morning shake and getting my non-consumption kindness behaviours back in the game. I dont like/it frustrates me that i try to go for grey and still end up doing all or nothing. Step by step i guess. I have all the incentive and motivation i need by seeing how easy it still is to lose track, how unhappy overeating and overdrinking makes me, and how my mind is still in a dangerous place which can screw up my maintenance when i get to that.

Last edited:
Day 82.
Being careful. Yesterday did 50mins on my crosstrainer and just off to do 30mins now before we need to head off. Not taking the vulnerable balance of healthy and unhealthy for granted..Still what i need is consistency...fine day yesterday with 700cals, normal 3.75l water and exercise.

Last edited:
End of Day 83
Yesterday was lovely. Got to my friends' town, and we went to a turkish restaurant where i had some grilled chicken with veg for dinner. I had only had 1 extante in the day to account for that so i estimated that it all came to about 760cals for the day. With 30mins of crosstraining and over 10k steps and just a sip of his wine (literally) i think im doing well thus far. Ill see how today goes ;)
-------
Today I had my first ever pho soup a moment ago for dinner (other than that 1 exante in the morning). Beef broth with tonnes of low carb veg. I could eat that easily for the rest of my life without getting bored. Think i need to search for a recipe. Yay for trying new things with old friends :) also over 10k steps and my new normal of over 3l water.

Last edited:
D84. Finally home. And so late. And so tired. Stuck to keto food in small amounts and 1 morning exante. The 2 eggs with spinach m&s pots can be a life saver when v hungry with no exantes on hand. V nervous about my weight in tomorrow but what will be will be.
Realised i lost track of days and i had that pho soup on my day 83 and yeah...today is day 84. I think im switching back to weight ins daily as i dont like this weekly thing. Feel like im not in control although i know it might be boring. Whatever the numbers are i am more at peace if ive done it. Tried it for a week, 3 days i didnt have scales anyway so that helped, but nah.
Back to work tomorrow. Feel like im behind on everything and a bit out of touch with myself, my body and everything around me and that makes me a bit anxious. Also ive got this and next 3 weeks at least of A LOT to do and also some travelling around. So....going back to what I now know to be my comfort zone - exante and a meal im the evening. Having 2 drinks tonight as i felt like it - alcohol wise i am not on schedule at all so ill have to deliver bad news to my counsellor on Tuesday (and mostly to myself and restart this bit!) but im pleased with: having seen my bestest and oldest friend who ive not seen in 3 years, him and my partner getting along, having seen my partners family tonight and them seeming to like me more and more and discussing in depth the Newcastle diet and protocol, my partner having a better and better relationship with all of them which we can all enjoy, me ONLY sticking to keto friendly low portions all this weekend and although i had a drink here or there - I did not binge at any point. I am taking these as brilliantly high points that im proud of. I had mash and roast potatoes in front of me and i had only the cabbage and leeks and...did not miss potatoes.... I can and did go in all these restaurants and services on the motorway and the idea of sandwiches or whatever was....meh...i enjoyed the 2 eggs tho! Im liking this as a lifestyle. I want to carry on whatever the scales say. If tomorrow theyre not happy - ill up my exercise how and when i can. But im extremely happy with this.
Anyway... I am anxious about upcoming work week and house chores; i am looking forward to being on my on rhythm; anxious on maybe needing to adapt the latter now that things are getting super busy; looking forward to making some of my own keto evening meals and painting course starting this week; anxious about fitting in more exercise and also fitting in other house/garden improvements id like; happy i had an extremely lovely week off work where i dont feel ive overdone it. I am thankful as well for this diary showing me where i was and the process to where I am now. Guess its almost on par on anxiety and happy feelings so that's good!

Last edited:
Starting Month 4. Week 13. D85.
66.3kg. Gained 1.3kg since last week. My monthly stats are pretty bad also. Okay.
--------------------
Ending my day early on 100% TS - 3 exantes, 3.75l water and 10k steps. Brilliant day at work despite all that anxiety yesterday which drove me into an absolute binge. But dead tired today.

Last edited:
D86. 64.8kg. Lost that 1.3kg and 200grams extra in one day. Must've been water or something (note to self: do not drink alcohol before the weekly weight ins). No matter though as I don't like this yo-yo thing i seem to be doing. Ill carry on with TS this week because it's simple and straightforward, i am very behind on my overall losses and it motivates me to keep on top of things for a bit plus the keto energy which i need plenty of atm. Slept for almost 11hours. Must've been very tired from the weekend.
--------------------
Left office at 6.30. Worked a bit more out and about until 7.30. 2 exantes, homemade cabbage soup, all around 600cals on the dot, 10k steps, 3.75l water, 5units of alcohol. 2 more (min 1) alcohol days this week that i want to account for on here also. That brings me to a max of 3 this week depending on what i feel like on Saturday. I wouldn't count it as 100% Ts due to my own meal and the alcohol. But the day still had what i wanted it to have - 600cals of Keto food/beverages, work daily objectives done, steps and water. Weird day tomorrow with 1 heavy course and then starting my painting course for the first time. Wonder if theres some anxiety playing in the background that got me to the drink and over analysing of nice food options within the "guidelines". Possibly. Gonna go have dinner and play scrabble in my PJs with some mint tea now.
Ps. I fit (v comfortably) in M&S size 10 jeans that were newly washed. I think maybe M&S have large 10s. That's one explanation as i dont want to give myself rewards for what i know (for what im aiming for!) is behaving badly...

Last edited:
Hello. Here tO follow. Jumped straight to page 19..but it looks like your doing well overall, so that’s great xx
Thank you, do follow away :) Overall it's alright-ish, yeah. Binge and all-or-nothing monster not defeated though. Journey continues to goal no matter what.

Hey Alecto,

Just had a catch up. Love reading your diary. Your honesty is very inspiring.

xxx
Thank you, Sian. Yeah... being honest here is also being honest with myself. I think this is the only way I'll beat this... and keeping track of my triggers into 'all-or-nothing' and binges :/ happy you are continuing with your journey so very well :D

Back