Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

weight loss and dreaded periods

Discussion in 'Health' started by RachelM, 9 July 2008 Social URL.

1. RachelM

RachelM Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Just wondering if anyone knows how losing weight may effect your period?
    I take the pill (microgynon) and have done for a few years now. I've never had any problems such as spotting etc. I started my diet 2 weeks ago and have lost 5.5lb so far but have experienced 2 unexplained bleeds, nothing heavy but definitely spotting. I have spoken to the pharmacist I work with and she has suggested it may be due to elevated hormone levels effecting my pill as a result of my weight loss, but I just can't understand how such a small loss would effect it when I have never before had any problems.
    Has anyone experienced anything similar?
    thanks x :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I don't know anything about the pill but when I started to lose weight I had less pains. I used to be crippled by them every month but now I only get them every once in a while. I have also noticed that they don't last as long which is very nice!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.