Weight loss as a %?

Emmie Lou

Hi all
Can some clever person please help me with this?
I'd like to know the % of my weight loss and as i am totally useless with anything mathmatical im unable to work it out! :confused: :confused:

I started at 255lbs
Im now 235lbs
and my goal weight is 140lbs
need to lose 95lbs

Its probably very easy to work out but im completly lost!

Thanks in advance! :D

Hi Emma ......... I hope I have got this right - you have lost 20lb - but wanted originally to lose 115 - 20 lost + 95 still to lose - therefore you multiply the 20lb lost by 100 and divide by the 115 which was your total you wanted to lose. This means you've lost 17% of the weight you want to lose.

Hope this is right - and clear!!!!!!!!

Thats excellent Beverley,

Thanks so much, I know they are only numbers but i just want to see them go down ( % up) in as many ways poss!:D

Hi all
Can some clever person please help me with this?
I'd like to know the % of my weight loss and as i am totally useless with anything mathmatical im unable to work it out! :confused: :confused:

I started at 255lbs
Im now 235lbs
and my goal weight is 140lbs
need to lose 95lbs

Its probably very easy to work out but im completly lost!

Thanks in advance! :D

Hello Emmie Lou:

Your start weight = 255 Ibs
Your Goal Weight = 140 Ibs
Your current weight = 235 Ibs (well done on the loss!)

\ 255 - 140 = 115 Ibs (loss required to reach goal)

\ 255 - 235 = 20 Ibs (your weight loss so far)

\ 20 / 115 = 17.4 (1 d.p)

THEREFORE:

\ you are 17.4% of the way there :D

OR
\ you are 82.6% away from goal :D

I hope that helps! ;)

CC x :)

Hi Emmie Lou

Percentage of weightloss and to goal is a really good idea. I have to apply this myself so I can encourage myself further.

Cah-ching - good calculations. I'm brain dead this morning and couldn't even think of a solution. I think I will set this up on a spreadsheet.

Hmm ....

... using these calculations I am 77.5% of the way there, or 22.5% away from goal. That IS motivating!

Exactly. It is very motivating. Not wishing to blow my own trumpet, but thats why I started the whole percentage thing. I've always had my weight loss as a percentage in my ticker.

:)

Back