Weight loss as a %?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Emmie Lou, 5 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Emmie Lou

Emmie Lou Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    weight watchers
    Hi all
    Can some clever person please help me with this?
    I'd like to know the % of my weight loss and as i am totally useless with anything mathmatical im unable to work it out! :confused: :confused:

I started at 255lbs
    Im now 235lbs
    and my goal weight is 140lbs
    need to lose 95lbs

Its probably very easy to work out but im completly lost!

Thanks in advance! :D
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slim and Save
    Hi Emma ......... I hope I have got this right - you have lost 20lb - but wanted originally to lose 115 - 20 lost + 95 still to lose - therefore you multiply the 20lb lost by 100 and divide by the 115 which was your total you wanted to lose. This means you've lost 17% of the weight you want to lose.

Hope this is right - and clear!!!!!!!!
  4. Emmie Lou

Emmie Lou Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    weight watchers
    Thats excellent Beverley,

Thanks so much, I know they are only numbers but i just want to see them go down ( % up) in as many ways poss!:D
  5. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

Hello Emmie Lou:

Your start weight = 255 Ibs
    Your Goal Weight = 140 Ibs
    Your current weight = 235 Ibs (well done on the loss!)

\ 255 - 140 = 115 Ibs (loss required to reach goal)

\ 255 - 235 = 20 Ibs (your weight loss so far)

\ 20 / 115 = 17.4 (1 d.p)

\ you are 17.4% of the way there :D

\ you are 82.6% away from goal :D

I hope that helps! ;)

CC x :)

6. Jemax

Jemax Full Member

Cambridge Diet
    Hi Emmie Lou

Percentage of weightloss and to goal is a really good idea. I have to apply this myself so I can encourage myself further.

Cah-ching - good calculations. I'm brain dead this morning and couldn't even think of a solution. I think I will set this up on a spreadsheet.
  7. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

Hmm ....

... using these calculations I am 77.5% of the way there, or 22.5% away from goal. That IS motivating!
  8. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

Exactly. It is very motivating. Not wishing to blow my own trumpet, but thats why I started the whole percentage thing. I've always had my weight loss as a percentage in my ticker.

9. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Oh I'm 47.62% there!!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.