weight loss = clothes sizes?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Naomigi, 10 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Naomigi

Naomigi Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.47%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Hi guys! I started my diet at a size 20 (230lbs), so far have lost 8lbs, just wondering if any of you knew if there was a set amount of loss that equals going down a clothes size? or is it different for everybody? I'm a bit nervous to go and start trying things on because if they don't fit it might get me down a bit!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ellem

Ellem Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(10.73%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Not really because it depends on your body shape and it also depends on the manufacturers clothing label policy. Try going by how loose clothes feel and take your measurements; you can then compare these to the stores measurements on their websites before you go shopping in most cases :)

4. dextermummy

dextermummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(23.2%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I think it varies from person to person. I have heard the 1 stone = 1 dress size rule bandied about, but with me it's been about 1 1/2 stone each time I need new works trousers.

5. Naomigi

Naomigi Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.47%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Yeah that's what I thought, someone told me that 10lbs down = a clothes size down, but I'm pretty sure if I lost another 2 pounds I'd still be the same size...

6. Rigby

Rigby Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(15.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    It's hard because clothes sizes vary so much in shops too. When I started losing weight back in January I was wearing size 18 jeans that were tight on the waist, now I'm 39lb down and wearing size 16s that are getting loose. I bought two pairs of size 14 shorts from different shops- I can get into one pair (they're tight on me but I can do them up) and the others I can't quite do up. I don't mind wearing the size 16s for a bit longer though, I'd like to feel I've worn them enough before it's time to get new ones, as much as I'm looking forward to going down a size :) Totally depends on your body shape and height though too, I'm only 5'3".

7. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I agree - it depends on the weight loss, the person's shape, the shop's sizing...

In Peacocks, where I get my work trousers - I was a size 22 work trousers and am now in 20. However I have casual trousers from there that are a loose 18.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.