Weight loss resources

It is 2 weeks since I last posted on this thread. A disgrace. I have been exercising regularly but not really dieting or calorie counting properly. My husband is very poorly and I am tired. Not really an excuse but I go to work, gym and housework + Georgia and that's about it for me. Roll on half term I say....

Sorry to hear that your husband is still very poorly. Is he making any progress?

Looking after someone is ill is very demanding and that along with looking after everything else it is a wonder you have any time left for yourself.

I am glad you are working out as this is good for your overall mental health as well as the other benefits.

Sending you hugs.

Love Mini xxx

After not ss'ing and feeling guilty so not posting have returned to share with you my new gym regime.

I have upped my arm weights to 5kg, and my crosstrainer resistance to 10 as I now do the hillclimb setting. I feel renewed but still need to lose 2 stone.

also my 2nd wedding anniversary today - never thought we'd see this due to the felony I was contemplating committing a few weeks ago but here we are. Got flowers on valentines as well - he really isn't well y'know!!!

Start walking Bethany. You will be amazed at how much it will help you. I started walking and that was all I did for ages and it really helped my weight loss and toning. It was about 3-4 months later before I moved to the crosstrainer etc.

Have just done 1 day ss. I am aiming to do 1 week - baby steps, baby steps. Husband is still poorly but I need to finish this - i am feeling so out of control of my life at the moment I decided to revisit my vlcd code - 'I can control what I or don't put into my mouth'. It will be my mantra for the next few days. I am having a pop in with my cdc on Monday night and a 2-3lb loss will spur me on. I need to lose 60lbs still so as they say at tesco 'every little helps'.... now to enjoy my mint tea.

Powering on through day 2 of ss'ing. Successsfully avoided a bagel at my friend's house and sweets at tesco metro this morning. It is 2.40pm and have 3 packs to go and am enjoying a mint tea. Down we go. Will check for ketosis tomorrow to see how close or far off I am!!!! Am doing 4 packs a day - it is easier for me. Not hungry at the moment so that's good and have scrubbed my kitchen!!!!!! My goal is 5lbs this week....

This is the bad time of day when I really want to eat. Now 'am I really hungry???' -- 'yes, a bit, ketosis hasn't kicked in'
'will I succumb????' NO NO NO!!! I will be strong, have water, a pack and a cup of tea. I can do this. If I don't cheat by Monday I will reward myself with a cheapy haircut at Just Cuts . I will do this I will do this. By Monday I will be back at work, busy and ketosis will have kicked in. By god I will lose those 60lbs and Mrs D, Irene, DH and I will be all doing the happy dance!!! Come on GM you can do this!!!!!!!!

Day three is beginning and I've been on nights. 1 pack at 7.30am for breakfast and a peppermint tea so far. I am feeling so determined and am on the loo more often than not!! Water consumption is not as good as it should be but I'm building up to it! I hope my mint tea consumption goes someway towards my minimum of 3 litres...

I am tempted to weigh myself but I think becoming a daily weigher will make me neurotic so I will resist until my Monday pop in with Mrs D. May test for ketones today - if I'm 'in the pink' as they say it will be incentive enough.

Last night I was successful at avoiding chocolate rice crispie cakes. I served them at supper and ensured they were all gone because I am sure they would have called to me in the middle of the night.

Roll on day 3 - I can do this!!

Tested for ketones and am definitely 'in the pink!' Am hungry tonight, went to the gym, had a soup and have two more packs for tonight - my last nightshift for the week! According to the scales at the gym I am 14s 12lb which is a 6lb loss since Wed but am not really counting it as I am going to stick to Mrs Doyle's scales. My home ones say I've lost nothing so the lesson is not to be obsessed with the scales and only weigh once per week.

I remember when I first started LL in Jan 06 and I lost 11lb in my first week. If I can do that or something close to it I will be pleased! My first mini goal is to ss until Monday then I get a haircut. I think mini goals are the way forward and with ss'ing 1 day at a time! I can do this. Roll on day 4!

Tested myself again for ketones today and not pink anymore. Why? I haven't cheated. Yesterday I was on the lightest shade so I assumed it'd be better today but no - its vanished. Had a good day so far - resisted chocolates, ice cream etc etc and bought a pair of size 16 jeans in GAP! Yeah! Any info about the ketosis gratefully received! BTW it's day 4 and I'm doing ok. Roll on day 5!! haircut here I come

Today is day 5 and I've earnt my haircut. Successfully ss'ing! Lost 3lbs at my pop in with Mrs Doyle so am very pleased. My official weigh in will be Wed week so lets see what I can do by then. I can do this!!!!

Well its confession time. I had a job interview on Tuesday and I couldn't ss (too much hassle to make up a soup etc) so I low carbed it. I am back on the wagon and due to see Mrs D on Wed. I am feeling focussed on losing a stone this March.

I am deciding whether or not to apply for an internal promotion at my work. I have written my letter of application but am undecided about whether to apply. All internal applicants and after the fuss last year I don't know if I can hack the aggro. The one point in my favour is that I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. The other two are already on temporary points and are acting head of faculty and acting 2nd. I have until the 9th to decide if I want to submit my application.

I would be very grateful for any in put from anyone who reads this esp if you are a teacher and have been in this situation before!!

Anyway, mint tea and a marigold awaits me. Decisions decisions...

I have been thinking a lot this weekend. I have decided to revisit my faith and pray about the job dilemma and hand it to God. I need the support and guidance. Diet wise things are ok - I have successfully made mousse twice now and it is really good. Had choc yesterday and vanilla today. Filling up on mint tea and marigold (2 cups a day) and hot/warm water because I am so cold. SS'ing makes me reflective and I am going to try to keep myself on the straight and narrow without stressing out and punishing myself. I have had a good week (allowing for the 2 low carb days). I am really dtermined to do this even if it takes a bit longer.

Reviisting my thread. Haven't been ss'ing properly at all but today I have restarted. I've got myself organised regarding my packs and have abstained all day today which is a good thing. I need to find my resolve again. 1 day at a time and I can do this!

Hello Georgiasmum,

Yesterday was the start of a new you!!

Well done for getting back on the old SSing!! You know you can do this!! Keep thinking postiviely. I am looking forward to reading how you are getting on and Keep posting on here as you know that you will get lots of support.
Lots and lots of luck, Keep strong!!
xx

After a long delay I finally return to my thread. I have bad news - no ss. My husband is very ill and has been in hospital again. The prognosis is poor and I am facing that slowly - we may have weeks, months or years but nevertheless it is a cloud over us. I am truly exhausted - mentally, physically and emotionally. I am afraid - I don't know how to cope with him. He is a difficult patient anyway and I can't help him. I am afraid of him and I feel selfish for saying that - I don't want him to come home. The burden is too great. I am torn between needing to be alone and wanting company to talk at/too me all the time. I want something - I don't know what it is. Maybe I need reassurance or someone to ease the burden but I need it.

If anyone reading this has experience of dealing with chronic illness please share your thoughts with me...

Back