Weight loss, with severe spinal injuries.

I think a dent doesn't quite cover it, they give you a curly wurly, a crunchie and a dairy milk, then you get given a pot of melted chocolate buttons with a choice of five flavour fillings.

Curly Wurly 6
Crunchine 7.2 I'd have been OK here at 13.2,
Dairy milk 5.5 makes it 18.7
The guessing a packet of buttons as 10 syns with bits added. So 28.7 syns.

Guess I'll need to be down at the 5 syns mark till Tuesday.

Although this morning started better.

I made my salad, mixed crunchy leaf, beetroot, radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, ham, healthy a cheese, mushrooms.

Then had marmite on toast, with poached eggs on.

Loads of fruit in bad for snacks, and as I'm out of the office again today, I'll find it hard to cheat. ;)

2 weeks without pain meds, still having to take the nerve damage meds, and anti-inflamatories, not pain free by any means, but not bad enough to need pain meds. :woohoo:

How's everyone else doing?

Last edited:
My OH put a box of broken biscuits on my lap last night and told me to dole them out to the dogs *rolls eyes*

OK, so I have enough pain, so rather than risking aspartame poisoning, I find myself some coke life. Great low calorie drink. It's 7 syns per 500ml, :tomato:

However it's better than the 10 syns per 500ml, so it is better.

But what do I do? Drink diet drinks and get aspartame poisoning, which can mimic severe MS as well as other debilitating illnesses, or count syns every time I fancy a coke! :banghead::badmood:

I don't know what that is, but could you buy yourself one of those fizzy drink makers and make your own fizzy drinks out of no added sugar cordial?

I'm doing OK. Had some sad news this morning, my mums dog escaped from the garden and was hit by a van and killed so have been trying to look after her, she's a mess.

I'm doing OK. Had some sad news this morning, my mums dog escaped from the garden and was hit by a van and killed so have been trying to look after her, she's a mess.

I am sorry to hear that, it's never easy to lose a loved one, and boy Di we love our pets.

Hope it didn't affect your food diary.

Actually no, I missed my lunch but remained 100% on plan, was too motivated by this weeks 5lb loss to give up now.

Feeling pretty good today, as even with the slip with the coke life, I still managed to come in under 15. So hopefully a few days of that and I should be food for a no gain WI.

Today started with cheese and ham 9 egg omelette, decided by 3 people. a little milk and water mix to being in the air, for that fluffy light feel, a tbls of grainy mustard, and some bread and butter on the side.

All worked out to under 3 syns per person, do pretty happy with that.

Just hope my working very late doesn't have a detrimental effect!

How are we all today?

I don't think I have a frying pan big enough for a 9 egg omelette, sounds huge :) but that's OK, I don't like omelette.

I think it's a 9-13 * 2 inch pan, it normally does four, but one daughter doesn't like omelette and was still in bed. Wife needed early start, which will mean probably a 20+ hour day for me, but hey ho.

Last edited:
Dont fancy a 20+ hour day, I'm sofa bound this morning after mopping the lounge floor with a bad back, I always clean when I'm unhappy.

I know the feeling, I sweep my coach sometimes 4 times a day when out, and that's 39 strokes a side, then about the same up the middle, not to mention more when I have to mop out too :(, so really feel for you.

I don't fancy a 20+ hour day either, but when you have staff that play silly it's sometimes a must. And I can't catch some sleep as on kid sitting duty, then house full later, and with sleep apnoea I can't sleep on my coach, I can come home between on this job, but knowing me I'd go to bed and forget to fetch them:whistle:

Seeings as I had a sore back today I decided that some gardening needed doing, just the ticket, actually my back feels pretty OK after, I'll let you know tomorrow lol. Was really nice to spend some time outside, summer is coming :)

I don't do gardening, weird as I had a stint as a landscaper, but hey.

Signature dish tonight;

savoury rice fried in fry light, with curry powder.

Then add peas and sweetcorn and boiling water, boil for 20 minutes, stirring every 5, it has a tendency to cling to the bottom.

Drain any left over fluids.

Drain and wash tinned tuna,

Add tuna along with tinned plum tomatoes, mix well and.......

SERVE.

Sounds and looks rough, but it's great.

Today has been amazing, I've had breakfast, lunch and dinner, only using 7 syns!

I enjoyed a nice long walk with family and friends up on Cleeve Common today, and so long as I didn't stop for to long, there was virtually no pain.

Even now. While I'm getting ready for bed, the pain is still lower than for a while.

I do hope that the exercise can continue.

I'm having a bit of hip trouble this morning, but nothing too bad. Havent suffered with my hip in AGES, must have been using new muscles. Going to take it easy today.

Back