Weight watchers old points

Daizy

I was wondering if anyone else was following the old ww points system.
I'm a yoyo ww dieter and I'm trying to kick the weight this time once and for all. The best way for me has been points and I'm happy doing it on my own without joining a club.
Would love to hear from anybody who is also either doing the old points way or doing it without going to clubs or online ww.
Xxx

If you mean discover then yes, there are, everyone in this part of the forum is doing Discover...

Thank u.
It's been so many years since I've actually been to a ww meeting I wasn't sure it was called discover.
Thats fab now as I don't feel so alone.
Xxxx

I LOVE the old system, and wouldnt think of using any other plan, Ive tried a lot but none of them work like discover. I intend to carry on for ever like this lol, total change of lifestyle. I can still go out, and have treats, and not feel guilty. I used to feel bad if I had nice things, then Id say oh bugger it, ill start again next week....and it didnt happen. Now I can have what I want and still lose weight...cant rate it high enough :D Good luck!!

The old plan is so much better I have tried the new plan twice brought the new books and signed up on line and I cannot get to grips with it... I am starting back on the old system tomorrow

The old plan is so much better I have tried the new plan twice brought the new books and signed up on line and I cannot get to grips with it... I am starting back on the old system tomorrow

Welcome aboard! Im sure you will soon see the results. I struggle to eat all my points in a day and am having regular losses even with no, or very limited exercise. Its not a diet, or a fad, or a craze...its a proven way to change your entire life.....looking forward to reading about your journey to the new you :)

Hi everyone, I'm doing Discover too and I agree it's much better than the new Pro Points. I used to go meetings then stopped as couldn't afford them, then joined again when PP came out got all the new stuff, the book, the t.shirt sorry the calculator :D but couldn't stick with for some reason so I wasted a months money, have got a calculator that is just too much hard work to use especially when you are in a supermaket shopping with a bored 3 years old, one day I was looking for lunch in Boots and it must have taken me 15 minutes to work it all out using the new calculator cos you have to enter so much information for just one food and now I have no use for it. May sell it on Ebay.

I like Discover, I know how to work out points quickly in my head and if not then I whip out the cardboard calculator and it's so much quicker and easier. I wish I could go to meetings but there really isn't any point now with the new PP system and there must be hundreds of people feeling the same.

This diet does work, just got to tell me brain to stop cheating and then I would have more success. (Just can't reach that 2 stone mark but almost there).

Ruth

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm doing Discover too and I agree it's much better than the new Pro Points. I used to go meetings then stopped as couldn't afford them, then joined again when PP came out got all the new stuff, the book, the t.shirt sorry the calculator :D but couldn't stick with for some reason so I wasted a months money, have got a calculator that is just too much hard work to use especially when you are in a supermaket shopping with a bored 3 years old, one day I was looking for lunch in Boots and it must have taken me 15 minutes to work it all out using the new calculator cos you have to enter so much information for just one food and now I have no use for it. May sell it on Ebay.

I like Discover, I know how to work out points quickly in my head and if not then I whip out the cardboard calculator and it's so much quicker and easier. I wish I could go to meetings but there really isn't any point now with the new PP system and there must be hundreds of people feeling the same.

This diet does work, just got to tell me brain to stop cheating and then I would have more success. (Just can't reach that 2 stone mark but almost there).

Ruth

Hi Ruth

how do you work DP out in your head please?

xx

Just A question Please

Ruth

HIYA... could i ask the meals have now all the propoints on are they still the old points amount if done on the old calculator , i cannot get on with the new system, don`t feel as happy on this as the old one

Thank You Wendy

Hi the meal values are all the same cals n sat fats have not changed just propoints used different means to work out values now hence why it is much higher

I love discover plan have never been to a meeting got taught the diet by a friend years ago and have relied on it ever since always see results cant praise it enough its nice to come on here and see other people following the diet as noone i know does it especially since pp came outx

Did the discover plan Yonks ago....not so much success on the pp plan. Could someone give me a quick overview specifically,
How do i work out my point allowance?
Are fruits and veg 0 points
can you carry points over?

Much appreciated
S xoxox

Just joined so all new! Am gold member at weight watchers and not happy with pro points, change for the sake of change? Am starting counting old points from today, lost 6 stone 4 years ago but put 2 back on. Bought old books and old calculator on eBay!

stick with what you know kimima...i dont see the point in trying to fix something that wasnt broken...except they get a shed load more cash from people having to change over to pp...best of luck with discover, im sure you will soon have any excess baggage shifted with ease :D

I am sticking with the old points too...works for me so why change it....I too have all the old pointage ww stuff..scales calculator recipe books etc...Love the diet...love how well it works...will never be caught doing anything else...Good luck everyone...x

Ive always been the type of person whose weight goes up and down I had stretch marks at age 14, then in my early 20s my weight just kept going up. I tried many different things to lose weight then i joined ww and lost 3stone in 6 months with the old points plan. I found it so easy and couldnt believe i hadnt tried it before. i stayed at goal for 3 months and then fell pregnant and put the 3 stone back on again! after having the baby i rejoined ww and tried the new pro points but for several reasons i didnt get on with it. my weight crept up and now i have 4 stone to lose. I cant afford to go to ww meetings at the mo and am finding the new pro points difficult to follow on my own so am reverting back to the old points system and doing it alone, no meetings! its v frustrating knowing that i did it before and i dont know if i have the patience to do it again, particularly without the meetings and now my life is completely different to when i lost the weight last time!

Ruth
hi you should think of selling the calculator they can go for £15 on e-bay..:)

Back