Weight watchers ready meals

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Bethany246, 12 April 2007 Social URL.

1. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi

Just wanted to know what are ww ready meals like are they worth buying was thinking about getting some to put in the freezer for quickness sometimes . Did not want to get some if they was not very good.

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

I don't think ready meals are ever very good Bethany, maybe just get some for the freezer for emergencies??? I always prefer something freshly prepared - no artificial wotsits then!!

4. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks Karen

I wont bother much I will just get a couple in for same as you say

5. Pinkdiamond

Pinkdiamond Is it nearly October yet?

Diet:
    Weight Watchers

Seconded. Although for an emergancy when the alternative would be something with mega points they are certainly edible! LOL Can I suggest the Thia Chicken or Beef Hotpot as they arnt too bad. Hope your first meeting goes well. :) Let us know how you get on:D

6. NikkiH

NikkiH Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(17.13%)
    Diet:
    was weight watchers but are drifting apart, am having an affair with Lipotrim...
    Hi Bethany,

I would completley agree with Karen - ready meals are'nt great regarding additives etc.. but to be honest I LOVE them - it depends how much time you have on your hands really - I dont have much, I love the ocean pie (3 1/2 points)... so quick and easy. I would generally have it with half a can of weight watchers spaghetti and about 4 fishfingers (lovely meal totaling 9 points) its really up to yourself though.. we're all different

Best of luck chick xx :)

7. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Pinkdiamond

I went to my first meeting last night and it was not too bad at all really enjoyed it there was some people there who i knew and i sat with one the leader is nice she let me borrow the new black food scales to see how i like them i take them back next week.
    They are really good also got a points calculator thats really good .
    Its just getting into it today ive had my tea and got 6 .5 points left over dont know wether ive eaten enough or not
    Is the ww Lasagne ok as i like lasagne

8. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks Nikki
    I like ocean pie it would go nice with some garden peas and maybe some parsley sauce

9. girlygirl

girlygirl Silver Member

Hi guys.

I'm on CD and have to say that reading this thread just made me very hungry!

Weight loss programmes have the same effect - they all feature so much FOOD. When Gillian Mckeith's show displays the table spread with one week's goodies we're supposed to go, ugh, no! How disgusting. I look at the yummy stuff and think, mmm. Okay, the quantities might be a bit over the top, but the actual food?

Sigh.

G McK would do my head in on a daily basis. The way she talks to people! I know it's partly a showbiz/image thing but she is way too bossy.

Good luck!

10. Pinkdiamond

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Bethany,

Yep the lasagne is fine, quite a small portion though :) The scales are well worth the money, I bought some and I use then all the time. Good luck with the points, remember to use your points by the end of the week because under using can actually slow your weight loss down, due to your metabolism slowing down. xx

11. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

PMSL - me tooooo!! I love that table of junk food - that's my idea of heaven!!!

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I dont particularly like WW meals I dont buy them. I much prefer Tescos Healthy Option Range. They taste better and have much better sized portions AND the WW points are on the back of the packet :)

Still having 6.5 points at this time of evening is great, youll be able to have something nice this evening too :)

13. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks Starlight
    I will try some healthy living range with having 6.5 points left did not think i had eaten enough during the day will it be ok to have all my 6.5 points tonight and it wont stop me from losing.
    Sorry for asking its just getting used to it

14. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If the 6.5 you have left takes you to your total for the day you can eat them all tonight.

6.5 gives you loads of options, wine and crisps, chocolate, a sandwich... loads :) Or you can save a few if you want something like a take away at the weekend. Remember dont save any more than 4 so you need to have at least 2.5 more before bedtime.

15. ANNTEXT

ANNTEXT Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers (points)
    CAN I JUST SAY -

the fresh tikka curry from the fridges are better then frozon ones - you can freeze them to - which is more money but loads more in it and better!

and w.w derrest are very good aswell! x

16. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oh WW desserts are the business. I love them!! I have a freezer drawer full of them ;)

17. MissPiggyFi

MissPiggyFi somebody shrink me

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet USA
    Trust me to be different, but...

I LOVE the ww meals! Ooh and the desserts are yummy. So easy and low in points- I doubt I could make a meal for only 3 points myself!!

Give them a whirl and decide for yourself x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Pinkdiamond

Diet:
    Weight Watchers

Oh hell yeah!! The Bannoffi one is better than sex LMAO

20. Pinkdiamond

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    On seconds thoughts not quite as good :bliss: Hehe

21. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Fiona
    I also like the ww deserts they are really low in points so you could have a nice desert and They also do ww choc eclairs and profitoroles and I also like their cakes too the choc brownies are lovely for only 2 points really chocolatey but for the ready meals i might give one or 2 a try and see what i think
    Also ww oven chips are nice does ww do a vanilla ice cream
    Thanks again

22. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I'd second that! Tesco does a really good range of healthy living ready meals, and I love them!

I don't have them very often anymore because I'm home all day with the baby so I try and cook a meal every evening now (don't think OH would be very impressed if he came home from a hard day at work to just a ready meal - not when I've been home all day, hehe), but we do quite often have one of their chicken tandoori masalas with rice (6.5 points) with a few pappadoms at the weekend...yum!

I do like the ww ocean pie though, it's the one ww meal I do buy when I see it (they don't do them at Tesco.com anymore - or at least not in my area :( ).

I refuse to buy the new ww ready meals, because they are far to expensive for what they are! The older meals are usually a bit cheaper, but the new ones are just a rip off (in my opinion).

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.