Weightwatchers - Changing ??

No its going to be a bigger change than that... they dont have the sales normally til about November ready for the new books which come out in January

They certainly dont sell calculators and scales etc at half price either... this is more than the usual annual 'new merchandise'

LOL we have been here before haven't we Sandy, do you remember when they brought in the discovery plan 2 years ago - we were all on the edge of our seats then slightly disappointed when it was rolled out. They do usually made some change about every 2 years though don't they?

Yep, as far as I could see, calories are no longer accounted for O_O but I guess if something is high in carbs and fat, it will naturally increase the calorie count anyway.

I'm just wondering what foods will change for the "better"... i.e. the foods that will have their points value decreased.

My guesstimate is that the foods that will have values lowered are ones that are higher in calories but with low fat values and good nutrients, like nuts, wholewheat pasta, natural fruit juices, higher point fruits (bananas / melon springs to mind).

all fruit and think veg too is meant to be a zero free zone i think someone said earlier in this thread we will just have to wait and see, someone said it may be out nov time, or we may be told about it then so only around 6 weeks to wait :) not long at all really

i was going to rejoin a class but have decided to wait and start completely afresh with the new plan-no point (pardon the pun ) getting back into it only to have to learn something new-so it cant come sson enough for me LOL

LOL we have been here before haven't we Sandy, do you remember when they brought in the discovery plan 2 years ago - we were all on the edge of our seats then slightly disappointed when it was rolled out. They do usually made some change about every 2 years though don't they?

lol I was thinking that the other day. Everyone was on tenterhooks or in a panic and it was a big damp disappointing squib.

Standby for Minimins being busy.... last time the WW forums were directing people here for the best updates of the new plan ;)

My only fear, in doing it at home is, the branded stuff with points (both WW and other folk like Tesco TLC) will change their points while I am certain I am sticking to what I know; I'm a guy...I don't do change well!

Will be keeping my point card thing close then!

My only fear, in doing it at home is, the branded stuff with points (both WW and other folk like Tesco TLC) will change their points while I am certain I am sticking to what I know; I'm a guy...I don't do change well!

Will be keeping my point card thing close then!

if you havent got one i have an online calculator also, so if everything does change and you need help working points out use that, let me know if you havent got it x

if you havent got one i have an online calculator also, so if everything does change and you need help working points out use that, let me know if you havent got it x

Yeah I use the one here Weight Watchers® Calculator

But I'm thinking more if stuff like that starts to change when the changes kick in

Yeah I use the one here Weight Watchers® Calculator

But I'm thinking more if stuff like that starts to change when the changes kick in

ah right yeh i know what you mean, i think we will all just have to keep using cals and sat fat on items to work out if you wanna stick to old plan, it seems like a huge change taking place tbh if they are changing how the points are worked out completely :(

oh and btw, i used to use the same site, but then someone else posted a different one and when i worked out certain items both sites gave me different point values, i asked around about which one i should believe and was told to use this one;

Weight Watchers POINTS® Calculator

but if your happy using other one and find it's still working for you (which by going from how close you are to goal im guessing it is!! hehe) then carry on :) x

lol I was thinking that the other day. Everyone was on tenterhooks or in a panic and it was a big damp disappointing squib.

It certainly was that! Just goes to show that it doesn't matter which diet you follow, Minimins is a vital part of that, I wouldn't be without it!

i was at my class today and my leader told us a little more about this as she said all leader have been now told so she then said that the points allowance are changing all way of working it out are changing and the info on back of packets will be needed much more the little bit at front will be no good but didnt say what info we needed she also said instead of saving point for treats we are allowed 49 extra points a week for treat with no saving but that is about it barr saying the 1st week she lost 2lbs and the last 2 weeks she has put on half a pound but she also said another leader asked her if she was using any of the 49 points to which she replied no and she said well ur not eating enough u need to use some of these extra points! hope this little bit of info helps and as she says more i will update but hopefully other will also get snip bits ofthe new plan and it will start making sense! x

Wow, Im not sure Im liking the sound of it. The joy of points as they are now is that you dont have to take too much to get the points value IYKWIM. Also, everyone has different weights to lose, so sounds like the 49pts will be on top of another allowance? Hmm. Thanks for letting us know. xx

ye u get you allowance as well as the 49 extra but i think till we can get somethign a read it for ourselfs and work it out we going to be confusedwell at least i am oh and proberly for a while after lol x

That sounds interesting. I wonder will we change? I'm not sure I like the sound of it. I like how easy it is to find the points of stuff.

I think I'll just stick to the old school way!

Think I will stick to the discovery plan, is that the 'old way' every one is talking about ??

Sure is :)

Back