weird question apologies if ur eating!!!

dreamer1989 said:
HelsAngel- have you tried movicol? Its on prescription, but I take it 2*day and its a godsend.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had Laxido which apparently is the cheaper alternative to Movicol. 4-8 sachets a day and it took me 4 days to go! Gave up in the end.

Seriously, ask about movicol. I was going once a week, unless I really tried, it was making me ill and very uncomfortable. Im 21 and have been on it for about 3 months. I would highly recommend it. I did try sennacot, fybogel first

so pleased I stumbled across this thread, I was genuinally concerned that I'm an every-other-day girl. I didn't think this was normal. Seeing people range from 6 times a day to 6 times a month has made me realise that maybe I'm just middle of the road!

Great thread!!!

Yeah, I tried all Senokot, Dulcoease, Fybogel etc. too. After a while you just get used to it but I'd love to just know when I was going and not feel so bunged up.

I've got my holiday next week (maybe the Turkish sunshine and food/drink might have an effect?!) but I'll have a chat with the doc when I get back if nothing changes. You never know, it might miraculously cure itself in a fortnight. *wish*

I had it when I was younger. I guess it just never went away. After a while, you just accept that that's how you are. I am not destined to go to the loo often or lose weight quickly!

Doesnt have to be like that. Movicol means I dont have the 4 days worth of s*** which means xtra weight :6

What's ibs-c? Iv had ibs for 4 years now and the stomach pain can be unbearable sometimes. My main problem is I don't get any warning I need to pee! It's just one second I'm fine, the next I have to go there and then or I'm going to burst! Makes long car journeys hell!

laura4988 said:
What's ibs-c? Iv had ibs for 4 years now and the stomach pain can be unbearable sometimes. My main problem is I don't get any warning I need to pee! It's just one second I'm fine, the next I have to go there and then or I'm going to burst! Makes long car journeys hell!

That's an incontinence issue, you need to talk to the doc as there's all sorts of help, I was taking tablets to make my bladder less reactive, but didn't suit my particular problem ( I don't need to pee all day and am up at least four times a night).

IBS is characterised by sharp colicky pain in the abdomen, usually on the left hand side but can present on the right. As previous poster says its constipation/diarrhoea/alternating the two.

However this should never be a self diagnosis as there are other causes, Crohns, Coeliac Disease etc.
Also a sudden alteration in your bowel habit can be serious and you need to see a doctor.

I'm hoping I'm going to be ok today. Was in a rush to leave for work so just grabbed what I could for breakfast and lunch at work. I have 10 scan bran and lcl with tomatoes..... Wish me luck!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I've got fruit and yogurts already at work, but yes, lots of fluids methinks!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I'd like to think that it gives me a bit more of a loss if I 'go' before weigh in or during the day of weigh in but it probably doesnt... :( I usually 'go' every morning or at least every other morning but then I have chronic ibs and find that sw helps me massively... I have very little bloating now, no pain bowel movements and less diarrhoea so sw has really helped me :D xxx

I don't think it affects my weight loss but I do know it has helped my IBS dramatically.

I have had it since 2001 and have been known to go on average 9-12 times a day, I have had numerous tests done and all have come back negative so IBS it is! This sounds gross but I have not had a "hard" poo since, it's all just liquid.

Since starting SW my toiletry habits have slowly improved, I am going now probably about 4-6 times a day and I was over the moon a couple of months ago when I realised my poo has started to take shape!! It's not a "log" by any standards but it has definition now rather than just being liquid!!

I know this sounds gross so sorry if I made some of you heave!

Back