Welcome to Dukan

Hi, I found that interesting to read; I had a fusion in August 08. How is your back now? I am still suffering terrible amounts of back pain and am taking more painkillers than ever, but the docs just say that the fusion is fine - I'm sure it is but it hasn't taken away the pain!! I am very frustrated!

Hi m-mouse,

So sorry to hear you are still in pain after your surgery. What part of you spine did you have fused? I had L4-L5-S1 done and the only problem I have now is where they harvested the bone from.

I sometimes have a bit of pain but only after I overdo it a bit - like when I drive long distances or when I go shopping in one of the big centres. But I don´t have to take painkillers any more. I cope with the pain in my hip (which the doctor insists is not my hip but my iliac crest) and I have to see the doctor on Monday to decide if I am going to have Risolysis or denervation in that area.

Is the pain you are having now the same as it was before the fusion? If it is nerve pain you might ask your doctor if Risolysis would work for you.

I really feel for you after going through the surgery and not having a good outcome.

Geraldine

Geri & M-mouse - I'm so sorry you had to have spinal fusion. My aunt had that procedure many years ago and it did help - although she still gets some degree of pain. I have a type of spinal arthritis and know how that kind of pain can affect your life. You have my sympathy.

I do hope that something can be done to help both of you. Hopefully, the weight loss will improve things to some extent.

xxxx

Hi!

I've posted below but not introduced myself on here.

My name is Tara and I've been overweight all of life - trying one diet to the next.

Started on Lipotrim 11 days ago after a friend had brilliant results (loosing 6 1/2 stone in 13 weeks). Lost 11lb at my first weeks weigh in, adding to the weight I had managed to loose when starting to diet on the 17th August, but this week has been a nightmare. I'm just so cold and today I nearly passed out.

I've been looking at the Dukan diet as a diet to maintain the loss I had hoped to have acheived by next April (down to 12st), but think that it's time to look at starting the dukan diet now!

According to the dukan calculator, my ideal weight is 12st4lb, which I should reach by early May. A month more, but hopefully a more healthy way of doing things.

Hoping that someone may be able to answer my questions about tranistioning from Lipotrim to Dukans...

Tara x

Hi Tara and welcome I done lipo trim then had a break tried cambridge but needed food and something to fit in with my family, I'm sure you could sart attack with no problems, you may not lose a big amount straight off but should lose, if I'm wrong someone will correct me on here,all the best keep posting and you'll get there
from another Taraxx

Hi m-mouse,

So sorry to hear you are still in pain after your surgery. What part of you spine did you have fused? I had L4-L5-S1 done and the only problem I have now is where they harvested the bone from.

I sometimes have a bit of pain but only after I overdo it a bit - like when I drive long distances or when I go shopping in one of the big centres. But I don´t have to take painkillers any more. I cope with the pain in my hip (which the doctor insists is not my hip but my iliac crest) and I have to see the doctor on Monday to decide if I am going to have Risolysis or denervation in that area.

Is the pain you are having now the same as it was before the fusion? If it is nerve pain you might ask your doctor if Risolysis would work for you.

I really feel for you after going through the surgery and not having a good outcome.

Geraldine

I was L5/S1 and the pain is as bad as it was before - and often worse. The good thing is that they didn't take any bone from my hip, but used some kind of pixie dust stuff instead!

Hello

I used to lurk on this forum years ago (my last log in was 17th October 2006 lol) and I can't believe I'm still on the same treadmill! I did LL and lost a lot of weight but put it all back on, then did various other low carb diets and have had the usual success but then put it all back on. Just weighed myself and I weigh more than ever! I'm not doing LL again (or other VLCD as I have a heart condition and just feel as if it will be too severe).

I have been looking at the Dukan for a while now but finally bought the book today. Read most of it already and will be starting in the morning - come hell or high water. I knew I wanted to low carb again as it works well for me and I feel very healthy and this seems to fit the bill perfectly for me. I have been on their website and it seems that my ideal weight is 10st 5lbs which should be achieved by 14th September if the website is to be believed - then I need to start 351 days of consolidation!! 14th September really doesn't feel like such a long time from here does it? How cool would it be to be thin finally within just 9 months.

I really feel it is my last chance - this heart condition has scared me and if this diet doesn't work I am going to need to see about a gastric band but I really don't want to go down that route for me it will be the very last stage but I just can't go on as I'm getting fatter and fatter and unhealthier and unhealthier!

So that is me in a nutshell, I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing in ups and downs etc.

Hi All

My name is Sara and i want to lose some weight for the summer.

I have tried WW and SW but have become bored with them and want to try something different.

I am on day 3 of the Attack phase. The food is not too much of a problem as i love meat but i really struggle with rembering to drink the water!

I went on the Dukan calculator and my ideal weight is 10st 12, which means 5 days Attack, 108 days Cruise and 154 Consolidation so by 27th May i should hit my target!

So hi to everyone and i will be lurking for inspiration, receipe's and motivation.

Sara x x

Welcome Sara, you'll find all three in abundance here! Feel free to start a diary and post on the daily menus thread so we can have a nosey at what you're eating :)

Hi there, Sara. :)

Try and keep a glass of water to hand at all times (or a bottle of water in your bag if you're on the move). Keep sipping away and you'll find that you've drunk the recommended amount with no problems (apart from all of the running to the loo!)

Hi Sara,

I am starting the Attack phase today so a couple of days behind you. And I have seen that we have roughly the same start weight and target. So I am looking forward to working alongside you.

Thanks Dukandebut for the pointers on water - this is where I have failed before: not drinking enough and getting this hungry feeling.

Nal

Hello all, just thought I'd introduce myself in here. I first started Dukan over Summer but neglected it during the run up to Christmas and January exams. So now I'm back on it again properly and have got about a stone to lose.

I've lurked on the forum for a little while, I love the inventiveness of the Dukan recipes you've come up with

Hi hun welcome on board xxx

Hi All,
I have been on Dukan for 3 weeks and have lost 5 1/2lb so far. I have always struggled with my weight but have usually been able to keep it at a respectable level until 2 years ago when I gained nearly 2 stone in 9 months after being put on medication by my gp, (who insists that the drugs were not to blame), but even though Ive been off them for 6 months, I just couldnt seem to budge an ounce, until I tried this diet, so I am happy so far, just wish the scales were moving a bit quicker :sigh:. I am being good and following the diet 95% with a small lapse now and again, Im even managing the water, its just the exercise I am struggling with!

Im looking forward to joining in with you all and I hope I can offer as much advice and tips as Ive been reading on here, it is such a great site for support.

Thanks for reading.

Sharon.

Welcome Sharon. It's true you'll get a lot of great advice and support on here. Open a diary in the diaries section and post your menus in the daily menu thread so we can see what you're eating and we might be able to help the loss speed up a bit. Perhaps there's something in your menus that's causing the stall.

Hello I am a new Dukanner, started cruise on Friday after 6 days of attack which was remarkably simple. Low carber of old so not a shock to the system. You guys are an amazing source of info and recipes.
Short biog. After 3 massive babies weighed in at 18 something stone. Discovered exercise and low carbing dropped to 12 stone. Maintained for 3 years. Life stress kicked in and stopped eating and dropped 3 stone in as many months. Since then gradually weight gradually crept up again until reached the 13.5 st breaking point again. I have spent a year with SW but I have no self control and I know carbs dont agree with me but still keep stuffing them down my neck. So now settled back into regular running, new fiance :D, job and 3 gorgeous sons. I decided I would not be fat and forty and was never going on another diet and found the Dukan plan - even my sceptical fiance and work mates have noticed.
Sorry this is so long but kinda wanted to introduce myself and cant amend my rpofile or start a diary etc untill I have posted.
Thanks Naomi :0)

Hi and welcome Naomi. If you want to start a diary just go to the diaries section and start a new thread. Congratulations on your previous losses, I'm sure you'll achieve your goals with dukan

Thanx Emmma weigh in tonight so will update later and investigate the diary section. Have a good one :0)

Back