Welcome to Dukan

Somehow I managed to miss this section, i've already posted a thread!

Hi everyone, I'm Rachael! I'm on my 5th and last day of attack today :) Looking forward to shifting the 9-12lb I've gained since prev. weightloss and also another 2 stone-ish!

I want to get to about 10 stone 2lb :D

Welcome Rach :D

HI

I am just coming to the end of my third day of six in the attack stage. Feeling light headed and tired today, so I thought I´d check the web for some inspiration and found you guys! :)
I have a lot to lose and have tried loads of diets, only to fall off the wagon and put everything back on plus more! I am determined that this time I will do it!

Welcome Betty, welcome to the forum. You shouldn't be far off slipping into ketosis now if you've done 3 days so hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow. Feel free to join us on the menu thread so we can help keep an eye on what you're eating and start a diary in our diaries section and tell us all about yourself!

There are loads of great ideas in the recipes section too - have a good nosey about!

Hi All

Just signed up to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. Nothing unusual about my story - I've struggled with my weight all my adult life. I was quite heavy in my teens but I joined WW in my twenties and managed to get down to a respectable weight and maintain it for a good few years. Over the last 18 months or so I seem to have "aquired" an extra stone or so that just won't shift. I'm generally quite healthy and don't eat a lot of junk food but my usual cutting down just isn't working since I turned 30 so I thought I'd try Dukan as it's something totally diferent and might give my body a bit of a shake up!

I got my book yesterday and have been reading up, I'll go shopping tomorrow to get prepared and I'm starteing in earnest on Saturday. Luckily my BF is also on the chunky side so he's going to do it with me so I won't have to go it alone :)

Apparenly my true weight is 9 and a half stone which seems beyond my wildest dreams at the moment but who knows! totally new to the low carb thing though so I'll be logging on lots to steal some recepies from you guys!

Welcome Teasey - nice to see you're getting prepared before starting. Clear your diary of any social engagements for the first week at least, and clear your cupboard of naughties! Nice that you'll be doing it with your other half - it will help if you're eating the same stuff, and you'll be able to keep each other on track. Join us in the diaries section and once you start post your daily menus on the menu thread - it'll help us keep an eye on what you're eating. Welcome to dukan!

welcome teasey and betty ....hope you both join in and tell us more about yourselves , any questions there is someone usually ready to help

Welcome - and I hope you'll join in over at the main part of the forum. Any questions, don't hesitate!

Started on Saturday. Have tried all sorts of plans before, most recently WW, which worked well for me a few years ago but not this time around.
Struggled with my weight creeping up over the last 18m by a stone so I'd like to get rid of this.

I'm a firm believer that what works for one might not work for another, everyone will find what suits them and that might change along the years.

I.e. I tried the Atkins many years ago but could not cope with the rescrictions so lasted a day and went onto WW because you could eat anything (within your points) but this time with Dukan I have the willpower to do the three days and then hopefully the next stages.

Am trying to up my exercise also, walk upto 8000 steps a day which is recorded on my Ki Fit which also tells me how many calories I am burning through the day. I have just started Aqua Aerobics and Cycling also.

I'm not fat just a little overweight and I have a large bust, which unfortunately does make me look even bigger.

Glad I found a forum to help me and hopefully I can add a little support for others. Its so nice and helpful to know your not doing these things alone. And to ask if your not sure of something.

Let's hope that Dukan turns out to be the right one for you, Blondesmiler. :)

BTW, enjoy your bust while you can - I ended up losing most of mine!
yep mines dissapeared too lol

hi everyone

well i have tried lots of other diets with some success and some failure. my life lately has been very much an emotional roller coaster and thus im taking control of my weight.

i decided to try something new that i hadnt done before and today im on day 1 of the dukan diet attack stage.

ive weighed in this morning at 15 stone 2lbs

any advise would be greatly appreciated

M x

Hi Lots2lose, welcome to dukan. have a good nosey around and post your daily menus so we can help keep you on the right track.

Last edited:
First of all let me say HELLO to everyone!!
grin.gif
Hope to make some good friends on here in the next few months!

I'm starting Dukan on Tuesday (getting the torture of the Easter weekend out of temptation's way first!) and I'm determined that it's going to be the last diet I ever go on. I'm actually looking forward to it and can't wait to start the attack phase and get some pounds shifted!

Here's to being slim by the height of summer!!!!

:happy036:

Hi my name is Karen and this is my first day on Dukan. I have always been a rather thin person until a few years ago I had to have a complete hysterectomy. I am on Bio-Identical estrogen replacement and really hormonally I feel great. But the weight has appeared in the last few years. To the tune of around 30ish Lbs. Not Good. I read and read and looked into a lot of different directions of eating programs. This one seems to lend itself to things I like to eat. I love meat, vegetables and fat free skim milk. Exercise I seem to have lost my way, but that has ended. I will miss the glass of red wine at night. LOL

What I really think has added the weight in the last 3 years is trying to keep my husband fed. He developed IBS and he develops infections..long story we have almost lost him a few times. In the process just keeping weigh on him has been a moving target. The bottom line for all the 70lbs that he lost well I gained about 1/2 of that. But good news he is stable and now I can concentrate to taking care of this girl. We own a number of businesses and life has been a little hectic the last 3 years.

He is extremely supportive and I have to walk a fine line, we have to work to keep weight on him. So here is our deal....we will feed him normally and I will subtract for Dukan needs. He is so supportive in better times he would do this with me.
I always start the day with coffee and just due to living in Texas I have a habit of drinking a lot of water in the AM, so the fluid intake is normal.
I did not sign up for Dukan online coaching, I bought the book. I'm not sure what I should do??? what is recommend ??

I was sad at dinner.... We had a tenderloin (beef) he had a sweet potato and as good news as this is for him...he has recently been able to add Ice Cream into his diet YEA !!!!:D:D:D But OMG I wanted one bite. Just one. I'm not a snacking or really a sweet eater, for years I did not buy it for his health he could not tolerate dairy. I think once I'm able to add some greens I'll be good.

So what pearls of wisdom might be shared. Did I mention this is the first diet I have ever been on in my life. 5+ decades. I know that I need to drop the lbs. it is going straight to my middle section and we all know that is not good.

Please jump in and don't be shy I'm a strong cookie just need some direction.
Reading through the threads so many are doing so well and have so much to be proud of for the their successes. Frankly this weight did not get on this body over night and it will take months to get off.

Looking forward to meeting everyone
Karen

Welcome Karen, it's very quiet on here at the moment as a lot of people are on a break due to our bank holidays but things will liven up again soon. I'm sorry to hear of your husband's condition - that sounds really difficult, glad to hear he's doing better.

There's no need to sign up for the coaching - there are one or two around who have, but to be honest you'll find all the information you need on here and in the book - most of us haven't bothered with the coaching and as you can see have been doing really well!!

Have you been on the dukan website to work out your 'true weight'? It's a handy indication for you even if you've set your own goal. Hopefully you've cleared your diary of any social engagements for a week or two (it's possible to eat out on dukan, but easier not to at the beginning) and your cupboard of any non dukan friendly items. Some of us have 'a cupboard' that stores all the things not appropriate for the diet that other people can use but is not for us.

Feel free to open a diary - many find it really helpful to record what's going on daily, (just go to the diaries sub forum and start a new thread) and post your daily menus with quantities if possible so if there's something not quite right we can help keep you on track.

Don't worry about the sweet cravings you've had today. After you see the numbers dropping on the scales over the first week you'll find that a huge motivation and you'll slip into a light ketosis around day 3 which will see your hunger levels drop significantly and should sort those cravings out.

We've loads of recipe ideas on our recipe sub forum so check some of those out for inspiration and feel free to share any of your own.

Finally, if you've any questions feel free to ask. You may already find the answers on here but there's usually someone around to help out.

Good luck with your dukan start - you should see amazing results, especially as it's your first diet, and keep us up to date with how you're getting on :)

Back