Well here goes

sparkyjay

Hi, as ive read a few of your diaries I felt I should do one myself. (might even help). Im 35 years old and have 3 boys (sorry 2 boys and 1 husband, who sometimes acts like a child). After losing 5 stone on LL I have managed to put it back on within 2 years, but determined this time to keep it off as not doing packs again.

There are many reasons why I want to lose weight apart from being healthy and slim, I will list just a few

1. Do not want the boys to be teased at school for having the fat mum (which has now started, kids can be so cruel).

2. We have a touring caravan, and the bed is only on very thin pieces of wood, my biggest fear is going through these.

3. Want to have more energy to play with the boys and keep up with them.

4. Would love to go iceskating, but cant at this size for the fear of breaking a bone or two.

Also made a pact with a friend who has had a gastric band fitted (she is doing very well) we would go to go ape in july. (what have i let myself in for).

Well im on day 3 and all is going well, I like all the shakes and bars, (albiet the banana one does go straight through me, as with the LL one). Im hoping to only weigh every fortnight. I would love your support and advice (as hubby does try, but is very trying).

Day 4

Well today is going to be a challenge, as going into town today, and normally we go somewhere for lunch. Hoping I can stay strong and not give in (always go with this intention, but its so easy to say just this once). Will let you know how I get on.

Best of luck SJ.

You know from doing LL the first week is the worst but once you see your first loss it'll spur you on.

Hope you stayed strong xx

Well Im so proud of myself and stayed strong and didnt give in to temptation. Even had people round for tea, but just dished up theirs then got on with pottering the kitchen.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Well done
xxx

Well I didnt have a great day yesterday, i struggled all day and eventually gave in to a chicken shish kebab (but didnt eat the pitta), a piece of garlic cheese pizza and a few chips. I dont know why I found it so hard, is this normal for day 5, if i was in k would i still b in it now. I suppose it didnt help with OH decided to fix a radiator, but didnt turn water off, so water went everywhere, which this in turn caused a argument.

Well today is another day, going to try really hard may even have 6 half packs throughout the day to try and keep me on track. How do you all manage over the weekends, when takeaways and treats are the norm.

You may not be in ketosis any more Sparky but youll know soon enough. As for how to cope during weekends, just try to keep busy and drink plenty of water. Unfortunately there is no magic way to get through - purely willpower.

Problem is it is the weekend treats of take sways that contribute to weight gain plus issues with food = treat . If poss try to cook food if you must eat ... Eg a roast with mashed cauliflower for you snd keep roasties for hub !! Like everyone here suggests try to find healthier treats ideally not food but if must be food then healthy options . Stay strong ! Xx

Thank you for being supportive, I have managed to stick to it 100% today, even managing to cook a full roast for the family.

Still undecided weather to weigh weekly or fortnightly, if weekly it would be tomorrow. Just worried that I might get complacent, if i know i have lost some.

sparkyjay said:
Thank you for being supportive, I have managed to stick to it 100% today, even managing to cook a full roast for the family.

Still undecided weather to weigh weekly or fortnightly, if weekly it would be tomorrow. Just worried that I might get complacent, if i know i have lost some.

Well done on 100% today! I admire you going for the fortnight weigh, wish I had that will power. Go you!

Day 7

Well I have managed to resist the urge to weigh myself, so it will be fortnightly now. Up till now (and sure it will last) have had another 100% day. Tried to keep busy by doing housework, just so im not tempted. Does anyone get a sicky feeling in the morning? I just feel I need something sweet so been having a dr pepper and sitting down.

Well done for getting back on - day 5 can be a b!tch!!

I just try to stick with it one day at a time and try not beat myself up too much if I stray - for me, personally if I beat myself up it leads to guilt which leads to the need for comfort which leads to............

xxx

Day 8

Just had my 1st shake of the day, hot banana with coffee which was yummy. (did i actually say that). Going to try and do a exercise video today. Didnt have a great night as been suffering from heartburn, I cant remember having this with LL, is this normal and what can be done to stop it?

My heartburn actually cleared up on Exante so Im afraid I cant help you with that one. Its possible its just with the change in diet though and once your system gets used to it you wont have a problem with it.

Today I have again stayed 100%. I did find it hard going around tescos, seeing all the nice temptations, but did resist. Like I said I would I did my exercise dvd so thats another step forward. I still have this awful heartburn, hopefully tomorrow it will start to get better. Another little problem I have is constipation, I have tried drinking more today but this hasnt helped, does anybody take anything to help this. I had no problems with this on LL.

Back