WeMitt thread - we really do Mean It This Time...

:) Thanks guys, but I would not have gotten this far without the wemitts help advice and support - you guys rock!!!

Anja - happy birthday hunny, hope it was a good one!

Not staying long just about to watch infernal affairs on film four (I adore Andy Lau, I think he's fantastic and not too hard on the eyes either if you know what I mean) :eek:

Take care guys, xx

Hi to all my weMITT buddies!

Summer - the reason it's raining where you are is that I only lost 2lb this week! Fear not - I intend to get glugging even more water (I think that's where I went wrong) and fully intend to push the temperatures up when I release some more 'heat' in the coming week!

Kandy - 'failure' is a word which doesn't feature in the weMITT dictionary. We don't use the 'F' word ... you may have deferred your success a little but will soon be back on track - I know it! :D
Everyone here knows that this battle starts in our heads and is, for the most part, a battle with OURSELVES. Who is your own worst enemy? I think you already know the answer to that.
Be kind to yourself - recognise the fine attributes that everyone else can see in you. You only truly fail when you abandon the fight and you haven't done that: your grit and determination has you dusting yourself down and squaring up to take this on again. We're all RIGHT BEHIND YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. :)

Anja - Happy Birthday! (Even if it's a bit belated) :D Hope you had a great day.

Mrs T - Awesome, awesome weight loss! You should display that ticker as a badge of honour!!

Ann - Well done on the exercise: I wasn't in the mood for anything 'official' although I have been trudging around and up & down loads of stairs today when I went to see my son-in-law play with the Royal Marines. We were up in the circle so used the stairs then I had to go down again when my 10 year old wanted to go to the loo 3 minutes after she'd sat down. Then back up - then back down when she got thirsty and I went to find some water. Then back up - then back down when I realised my car parking fee was insufficient (concert longer than I thought) .... walked to the car park by the railway station and back (plus up the darned stairs again) in the 20 minute interval. Phew!

Guess what I got for free today? A treadmill!! I'm a member of Freecycle and someone was giving away a treadmill - practically unused so I put in a bid and got it! Mind you, goodness knows where I'm going to put it but I'll find a space somewhere! I've only got 3lb to go to get my 5st AND drop into the 13s ... fingers crossed this will be the week!

Anyway - another monster post (can't you just tell I'm doing English at Uni?? yadda yadda yadda :D )

Debbie x
"If you want to know the weigh - ask a weMITT!" ;)

Debbie, great news about the treadmill, I know it's nice to go walking outside, but the good thing about a treadmill is you can see how fast, and how far, you are walking, and so see your improvements. (I did my mile at 3.7 mph today!!)
It sounds like you did a great "step" workout at that concert!
I am also a member of freecycle and have given away loads of stuff, including various furniture, a bike, a sunbed, & most of my "big" clothes. I got a brand new breadmaker the other week, a new swimsuit, a knitting machine, an ice cream maker, & today a pine table & chairs for the kitchen!!! I think it's a brilliant idea.
What does everyone else think about this forum and the new DHH one? I rather like this one, but will continue to post on both for the time being. Mind you, I'm on holiday next week so will have to look for an internet place in Perranporth to get my WeMitt fix.

Hi Ann
I tried to check out the DH site. I got a quick glimpse but coldn't actually get on properly as it wouldn't recognise my registered email addy and when I tried to re-register, it wouldn't let my use Russiandoll because it was already in use! (Yes - by ME!!)

I have to say, I'm not that impressed ... straight away I was hit with a Matalan pop-up - it's been great not to have any pop-ups on here and I like all the cool features of Mini's site. I'll definitely be staying here although I'll keep my eye open for comments about DH to see if things improve there (I'll still stay here though whatever happens).

I've suggested to Mini that the wemitts have their own section Ann. The reason being, this thread is tucked away under VLCDs - what if someone joins Minimins and has a lot to lose but isn't doing a VLCD? They might never find us! What do you reckon? I don't want to tread on your toes though - you created the weMITTS after all so if you prefer to leave the thread here then I'm cool with that also.

I've got to drive to Portsmouth today and go to the DVLA office. The tax runs out on my Mazda on Monday and I hadn't received a reminder so I rang the DVLA in Swansea and they said the garage I bought it from hadn't notified them about the change of ownership (so the previous owner has obviously got the reminder - bet he's happy!!). Well, I haven't got time to mess about so if I go to the DVLA office in Portsmouth, I can fill out the appropriate forms, pay my dosh and get my disc all at the same time.

This evening, we've decided to have a big family BBQ on the beach. We'll take some disposable BBQs (I'll take my soup!), a few bangers, burgers, rolls and some salad in a box. Add some kites, a ball and a lot of splashing about in the sea and it should be a good evening!

Have a great day!! :D

Debbie x

Hi Debbie

I had the same problem logging on to DH you need to click the send password reminder as they have changed the passwords - you can then change it when you go to your profile.

I agree its not as good as this site, so will probably flit between the two.

Hope everyone is having good days

We the team at MiniMins will be only to delighted to help out.

Tell us what you want and we will do our best :)

I'm finding the new-look DH site a bit odd too - but I guess that's just because it's unfamiliar and will take time to get used to the new format.

In the meantime, I love this site and will also flit between the two so I can keep in touch with all my friends. What would I do without you all? :rolleyes:

Sharon xxx

Hey Everyone! I'm officially back. Sorry that I have not posted in such a long time but things have been so hectic with moving, work and studying.

Things on the weightloss front are ok. I lost it a little bit after my AAM week and dont think I shall be trying one again until I am nearer goal. However approaching the 4 stone lost mark and BMI down from 44 to 36 so very happy.

I am still going to be busy through till September (when my exams will be finished and havent finished moving house yet) but I have a little more time so I am going to try and post regularly again. I have missed you all!

I checked out the new DH boards and have to say I didnt like them one bit. I dont like how the thread titles are so small. I love this forum (so well done Mini)!

I am getting weighed with Isobel on Tues havent been to see her for a couple of weeks so crossing my fingers.

Everyone is doing so well...its nice to be back.
I dont have time to keep the website or spreadsheet updated at the minute but will get back onto the WeMITT website when my exams are over.

bye for now

love
Texasgirl

Hi Texasgirl,

"I checked out the new DH boards and have to say I didnt like them one bit. I dont like how the thread titles are so small. I love this forum (so well done Mini)!"

Thank you so much for your compliments, we love them:)

Love Mini xxx

Debbie - please go ahead and organise our own section or whatever you think, you certainly won't be "standing on my toes", I would appreciate it very much, and so would all the other WeMitts (and potential WeMitts) I sometimes have a sad feeling come over me when I think of all the very overweight (and unhappy with it) people out there, like I used to be, especially in this hot weather - I want them ALL to join the WeMitts!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I know that some overweight people are happy, active and confident, as I used to be myself some years ago, but some aren't any of those tings, as most of us know, and it's those people I want to help.
I'm struggling to fit all the stuff 2 adults & 2 children need for a week into my car, which isn't big, but I'm sure I'll manage. Just had my first drive with satnav, and found it so strange. At first it made me jump, and then I just couldn't help talking back to the woman, she told me to turn left times, and I ended up shouting "I KNOW!!!", My grand daughter was in hysterics at my behaviour!!

Have a good day.

Ann VPTBAW......xxx
PS I like this site better as well.

Hi all

Last post of the week as I am off work soon.

Ann, wait till you start screaming (and swearing:eek: ) at the Sat Nav, like I was in Birmingham - going round and round and round - I lost count how many times I drove round the same bit trying to find the hotel. Brilliant invention but its not fool proof and its not always clear on some roads what it means to go straight on.

Not expecting much of a loss this week as I am due my TOTM and my boobs are so sore I could cry. Still even if I stay the same I know the weight will come off the record next week.

Good luck with any weighins

Hi Ann,

We the Team at MiniMins.com would like to thank you for your vote of confidence.

The Team will do everything possible to have your New Forum up and running with the help of Debbie by the time you come home from your holidays.

We hope you have a lovely time and see you soon.

Regards,

The Team at Minimins.com

Hello girls

Hello girls!
Don't know what I am doing-so you will have to put up with me for a while as I am accessing all sorts of strange configurations but, it will all be fine!:confused:

Jax

Hi all,
Thanks for the support Debbie star cdc in the making methinks ;) !

Great to see your tracker Mrs T WOW !

Ann i hope you have a great holiday ( if you manage to load the car up alright ) lol !

Hey Victoria always so busy and still doing so well !

Hi Barbara hope your boobies feel better soon !!

Hi Delicious Jax , nice to see you posting hope all is going well with you !

If i have missed anyone i am so sorry !! :eek:

As for me had 3/4 of a shake for brekkie made me *ick but i didnt give in to the binge monster and i have made very sensible choices all day and as James Brown once said I FEEL GOOD !!!!!! :D

Take care x

Well done Kandy! keep it up.
We've SOMEHOW got all the stuff in my car, and are packed and ready to go at 6am in the morning. Hope the satnav lady gets us there!!!! - taking a road atlas just in case. Have packed my food packs, and am going to stay on SS until I see CDC again on 8th August, then it's time for some food before going to Italy on 13th to 29th. I'm finding Sharon's analogy of driving a car very useful with this diet. I've got images of having a better model now, but I have to drive carefully and look after it, or I'll be back where I started. I live in hopes of having an even better model than the one I've got now - and then I'll have to drive very carefully, avoiding dangerous situations!
Thanks Sharon,it's very good.
Well lovely WeMitts, I'll catch up in Perranporth, if I can.

Ann xxx VPTBAW

Have a lovely, lovely time Ann! We'll all keep things ticking over here until your return. :)

Hugs

Debbie x

Back