WeMitt thread - we really do Mean It This Time...

Thanks Debbie, (hugs) Ann xx:)

Good morning all,
Feeling a bit happier as now lost 8lbs this week-had a bit of a panic and thought I couldn't lose weight at all last wek-weight has shot up over the past three months but, am turning it around now. Still feel disgusted with myself and trying hard to not focus on that but, you know how hard that is when you have a long way to go.

I m now 19.10 but, was 20.4 last week.I have a 'mish-mash' of a diet going on but, realised I had to find something that works and is a bit flexible. So, I am having a protein based breakfast, a milkshake for lunch and a salad with in the evening followed by sugar free jelly. I estimate that this keeps me within 800 calories a day. I will do this for a month and see how it goes.

Have a good day everyone.
JAX

I'll second that ... well done Jax - that's FANTASTIC! :D

We all need to find the right 'path' for us and what suits one person may not necessarily suit another. You have the intelligence and determination to seek the way that's right for you and I think that's great! You're also being flexible enough to make adjustments if you feel the need after a month. You're listening to your body and are ready to respond - brilliant!

Just one question though ... you're aiming to stick at under 800 cals but aren't sole sourcing (I guess you're doing something more akin to the 790) - without the 100% RDA of vitamins, minerals, protein etc you get on SS, do you need to take a multi-vitamin to make up the difference? Just wondering (this is something I guess I'll be facing as I start moving into maintenance in a few months time).

Anyway - a huge pat on the back: keep up the fantastic work and let us know how things are going.

Debbie x

Yes, Debbie - I think you're probably right about the vitamins. You cannot get all of your RDA from less than 1500 cals of food, so I'm led to believe, so it would definitely be a good idea!
love

Hi wemitts
Today has been one of those 'nothing days'. Hubby's two youngest kids (17 & 15) from his first marriage asked if they could come round for a visit ... of course they could (they don't need to ask) but then came the bit on the end ... "and can you pick us up because it's too hot to walk" Ahhhhh - I see!

Also, DH's daughter (15) wanted to bring her boyfriend with her so after warning DH not to alienate his daughter by being offhand with her bf, I went to pick them all up.

Ten minutes after arriving, DH was called out on an emergency leaving me to entertain three teenagers plus my 10 year old. I couldn't even take them out anywhere as my car only has four seats (and of course they didn't want to walk because it was 'too hot'!)

So they all sat in the lounge playing on the X-Box and I did some housework and then went into the front room and made my weight loss chart (which I'm very pleased with by the way! :D )

Hubby got back several hours later, spent an hour chatting with them all and then went out running with our son-in-law (they're both training for the Great South Run). Then his kids asked if I could drop them home ... and that was my day! ZZZZzzzzzzzz :rolleyes:

Not exactly sizzling with excitement eh?

Oh well - there's always tomorrow!

Debbie x :D

Well done Jax, your doing fab:D

Debbie, I just wanted to say that I think you will make an excellent CDC. You always seem to know what to say to people on here. Keep up the good work.

I've just been to the cinema and seen the new pirates movie with the gorgeous Mr Depp and Mr Bloom... You know I have finally got used to going to the movies and just having a bottle of water. I do miss the nachos though:rolleyes: . Oh well, all in good time. Another plus is that the seats are so much more comfy now too:)

Jazzy x

OOH I'm dying to see that! My eldest has seen it with her friends and loved it but reckons it's a bit too scary for the little ones, so I'll just have to wait til it comes out on dvd - boo!
love

Gosh - I'm really flattered Jazzy & Izzy! I'd love to be a CDC and am looking forward to 'giving it a go' ... I've experienced practically every weight related issue there is from *thinking* I was fat when I was a teenager (a common phenomenon I know) to a miserable journey through 'overweight' into the various stages of obesity right up to morbidly obese. Hopefully, my experiences will stand me in good stead when I try to help people take their own personal journeys into slimdom!

Pierce had a good idea about the wemitt threads and I want to know what everyone thinks.
Now that we have our own 'section', we don't have to have just one thread with pages and pages of messages on (the one on DH has something like 210 pages!). If it would make things easier to navigate, we could divide the threads up ... for example, we could start a new wemitt general thread every Monday and date it so it would be easier to navigate and check back on what or how we were doing on a particular week, What do you reckon?
If everyone likes the idea, we could start from Monday. If you prefer to leave things as they are then that's not a problem.

Have a great day everyone! :D

Debbie x

Sounds like a great idea to me, hun - I got so many complaints on DH about the size of my thread! (Not that it stopped me, of course lol)
love

Are you going to divide yours up on here Izzy, now that you have your own special corner? (well deserved by the way!)

Debbie x

Erm - dunno! I might do it weekly, like you guys are thinking about - don't mind doing that if it makes it easier to navigate. (ps thanks, doll a la Ruskie)
love

Hiya Debbie

I like that idea of breaking it up....will make navigating so much easier. We could also have separate one's for the Nov WeMITT meet and other WeMITT things?

I agree with Isobel you will make a fab CDC! Not far to go now.

love
Victoria

Hiya Victoria! Great to see you :D

What a great idea to have threads for specific things like the November meet! Then we won't have to trawl through general threads if we just want to read about one particular thing. :)

Debbie x

Hi wemitts, hope everyone is having a good weekend?

Victoria lovely to read your posts again hun, hope the house move isn't stressing you out too much?

Debbie, i've said it before and I will say it again - you will make a fab cdc, you are funny and knowledgeable and compassionate and any potential wemitt or vlcder would be lucky to have you as their very own cdc!

Jax, well done on your weight loss so far hun, glad the plan is working for you. It is important to find a plan that we feel comfortable with and yours seems to be doing the trick! Excellent!!!

I also think the idea of seperate threads is a good thing, how spoiled we wemitts now are!
Does anyone else agree that this forum is much better than the new look discovery one?

I enjoy reading the posts on here, but dread going into the discovery one now as I find it hard to navigate. It's a pity though, as that forum was a life saver for me back in february (literally)! :(

Ooh I also luuurrve the delectable Orlando Bloom, he is just yummy!

Well guys, as of today I have lost a staggering 10 stone :eek: and I am absolutely thrilled to bits!

*skips out of thread singing* :D

http://www.TickerFactory.com/http://www.TickerFactory.com/

Oh Mrs Tweedy - 10 stone, you are a marvel.You must have the determination of a, of a, a Mrs Tweedy! I can't think of anything else that matches you. What inspiration and to think I am moaning because I haven't lost this week. Well done, you are brilliant!

Hi Mrs T
My jaw dropped at the amount of weight you've lost. 10st! 10st!!! :D

It's amazing and you must feel so liberated to not be burdened by it anymore. I know I still have another 4st 2lb to go and some people start off needing to lose less than that TOTAL but it's hard to explain to somebody who hasn't started off with a lot to lose how much better you feel after losing even half of a large amount. Keep going Mrs T ... things can only get better and better!

I'm with you on preferring this site. I can't even log on to DH now so can't post. I've only been in to 'lurk' and I'm not ver impressed with what I've seen. The threads are all bunched over to the left and the whole apperance is amateurish and 'bland'. This site is much more vibrant and user-friendly.

I hope more wemitts will recognise what a great spot this is for us and come across to post here (even if they continue with DH). If they don't, they just won't know what they're missing!

I'm experiencing a pain in my left upper abdomen at the moment. It's intermittent and I've had it for well over a week. I assumed I'd pulled a muscle or something as it's just below my ribs on my left side. It's been quite painful at times if I sneeze or twist a certain way but I can't seem to find a tender spot if I press there. Most of the time it isn't agonising but I'm just 'aware' it doesn't feel quite right (if you know what I mean).

I think I may contact my doctor next week as it's been going on for a while and is in the area of my pancreas ... being diabetic I think perhaps I should talk to him about it even if it's just to put my mind at rest.

Anyway, kids have gone to the beach so I ought to go to the shops before they close and get stuff in for dinner tonight (not mine of course - I've got soup *again*!! :) )

Take care

Debbie x

Hi everyone,i am Roch and i did join yourselves on DH but fell of the wagon Nov last year and have not been able to get back on sucessfully since then.
Well i decided enough was enough and got back on the ss wagon last night and i have 17 stone 2 lose.
I know it is an enormous amount but this time i am going to sucseed,and i am going to take it day by day, and also not measure my sucess by pounds,stones but by days of ssing.
My cdc is excellent she is Niki in southgate and does regular group meetings.
I started yesterday at 27.3 and as my cdc is away for 2 weeks i will not get weighed till day 17,and have taken the batteries out of my scale and thrown them away so i wont weigh myself at home.
The longest time i have stayed ssing is 15 days so to be weighed at day 17 will be an achievement for me and also very exciting to see how much i have lost.
This time i feel like my head is in the right place and i am very serious abpout being committed to CD and losing weight and changing my life !!

I have had many people tell me that i am not serious about losing weight or i wont commit to CD or even u will look so weird
slim but i am going to prove them all wrong as i intend to change my life as of now and be health and happy.
Take care, have a nice day, luv

Back