WeMitt thread - we really do Mean It This Time...

Mrs Tweedy! OMG!!! I'm stunned - that is just so totally amazing!!!! You've lost ME!!! (apart from some extra lbs which ARE going to come off - soon! lol)

You must feel like a completely different person! I'm in total awe of you, hun!
love

Sorry to hear you're in pain, Debbie - do get it checked out by the GP - it might be just a pulled muscle or something, but better safe than sorry, hey?
Hope you feel better soon, hun!
love

Roch - you are making me homesick - I lived in New Southgate for 12 years - just opposite the tube station and used to shop in Southgate all the time. I worked at Kingsmead school - up on Southbury Road for a long time too - so Enfield was my manor! lol
Ah - happy days!!
Love

Roch, it's so good to see your posts again, I remember you from DH forum, well done on getting back into this pesky diet,

xx

Thanks Mrs tweedy,can i ask u how long it took u to lose the 10 stone and did you ss continually or did u have breaks,as i weighed around the same as u did when u started xx
Isobel i know new southgate very well used to live by bounds green station when i first come back to the uk, and i know kingsmead school, what a small world xx
Barb we can do this girl, we will sucseed its got to be "mind overmatter, and not let our chatterbox win"
Have a nice day ladies xxxxx

Mrs T!!! Holey Moley!! 10 stone?! I am totally awestruck - and just so darn proud of you I can't tell you! :eek: You surely can't NOT come to the next WeMITT meet now - you're our 'Star WeMITT' and it simply won't be the same without you there :D

Hey Roch! Lovely to see you here. Hope to catch up very soon and welcome back to the weird and wonderful world of CD. This time is YOUR time, honey :) xxx

Debbie - I agree with you about this site being preferable to DH now (but, then, I suppose I would say that now wouldn't I? :eek: ). I really don't like the look of the new DH site at all, but will still flit between the two and update my thread there just to keep me focussed. I hope you feel better soon - oh, and I think you'd make a fab CDC too. Go for it! :D xxx

Texasgirl - *waves madly* - hiya!! It's good here innit? ;)

Hi everyone
It's great to see so much motivation here in the wemitt's cosy corner ... but what else can we expect from such a marvellous group!

Barb - It's easy enough to stay motivated when we've had a good loss but when it's not such a good week, that's when we're really put to the test. It's fab that you are staying motivated not only for yourself but have enough left over to encourage others too. That's REAL wemitt spirit!! I'm sure you'll have a great weight loss next week! :)

Roch - welcome back to the wemitts! You sound like you're definitely 'in the zone' and I'm sure you'll take this challenge on and beat your demons this time. All you need is a bit of confidence and to believe in yourself because you CAN do this.

Set yourself small targets and never waver. Put blinkers on and never take your eyes from your mini goals.
There's an old saying which goes, "You can't eat an elephant in a single sitting" ... I realise it's a bit of a strange analogy to use when we're talking about weight loss and sole sourcing but I still believe the message is valid. When I was at my heaviest, the thought of losing 12st was just too daunting. I'd make a half-hearted attempt, lose 2lb and think "Yes - but I've still got 11st 10lb to go ... it's hopeless - it's going to take forever - what's the point." The task would stretch out in front of me like a never-ending road.

Now, I set my sights on much more achievable goals. Like a couple of weeks ago I was 14st 7lb which is 203lb. Instead of thinking I needed to lose 8lb to get down into the 13s, I broke it down even further and thought, "Right - I only need to lose 4lb to get under 200lb". As it was, I lost 3lb that week so landed dead on 200lb :rolleyes: ... this week I only lost 2lb which could have been disappointing if it weren't for the fact I've reached my goal because I'm now 198lb! (14st 2lb)

Now I'm looking at just 3lb to drop into the 13s. A lot easier to cope with!
In the 17 days until your first weigh-in you'll do great things Roch but you must drum up all the determination and strength that you have inside. For every negative chatterbox that shouts to you, let your positive one shout even louder.

Come on here and post & post & post - every thought and feeling, every meal you've successfully negotiated, every temptation you've resisted and we'll be here cheering you along.

Really looking forward to seeing the new you emerge!! :D

Hugs

Debbie x

Mrs T
You are doing so so well. Fancy losing an Isobel. And when you've moved house you'll be extra happy. Do think about Birmingham. We'd love to see you there. And Roch we are with you remember.

Does anyone know how Sarah and Judith are?

Hi Wemitts.

Irene xx

hi all ive found u!!!!!have just started ll and am on day 2 feeling a bit rough and just came back from my popin any one else in the same boat? dont want to drowned with all this water lol

Hi Bunny - you will probably feel a bit grotty for a couple of days, but once you get into ketosis, you'll feel fantastic!!! No hunger and a real buzz of energy - it's lush! lol
Don't worry - you won't drown - unless you're having about 10 litres a day, that is - eeek!
lots of luck and keep us posted on how you get on!
love

hi to all im new and am hoping u can read this ok not sure if ive set my pc up right?let me know if u can get these posts plz?

Yes - we can see you, Bunny lol.

Yeah - I did LL for 88 days before moving to CD for a further 42 of SSing. Seems like it went in a flash!
love

Lol @ losing an Isobel!!! :D

Roch, I started the diet on Feb 4th so approx 6mths ago and have ss'ed the whole way through except for a few weeks ago when I spectacularly fell off the wagon and stuffed myself silly with pizza and garlic bread :( however with the help of the wemitts I managed to get back on track without too much difficulty and will have my first 'add a meal' week on the week we move house (as I feel I will need the extra calories, because I will be a very busy lady that week) I am nervous about the add a meal experience but feel that it has to be done so it may as well be during a week when I will be more active than usual.
I just know that you will have a fantastic weight loss after 17 days hun, it will motivate you so much to stick with it!
I know how you feel just now when you think of the amount of weight you have tyo lose (I still feel like that as I still have another 11 st approx to lose) but I agree with Debbie, the only way to tackle it is in short bursts, one week at a time and each mini goal you achieve will all add up and lead to a whole new you!

Keep posting hun, one of the best things that has come out of this diet is the fact that I have found the lovely wemitts and they will get you through the tough times as well.

xx

Wow mrs tweedy that is 10 stoine in 6 months, u r such an inspiration to me.I know men could loose so much in 6 months but i did not think it was possible for a woman.
Sorry if i am being personal but did u start at around the same weight as me 27 stone and have u done much exercise during the 6 months.
Thanks for all the advice and messages u have all sent me today it has meant alot to me,looking forward to tuesday day 3 for me at least i am in ketosis by them so the hunger pangs will go.My prob is alsp drinking the water not 2 good at it but i do know i have 2 drink at least 4 lktrs.
On LL they say "the more u drink the faster u shrink" is that true or not.
Take care have a nice nite everyone xxxx

Roch, I am ashamed to say I started at 30st 10lbs and would put a sloth to shame in my laziness!
I have bought a treadmill (does that count as exercise - lol) but I am still too heavy to go on it just yet!
As I lose more weight I hope to get a bit of exercise in (although I am a lazy lazy girl, so am not sure how that will happen haha)
I was drinking 6 litres a day but was finding it tough so now I drink approx 4.5 ltrs each day spaced out evenly and I find my weight loss has actually increased from around 3-4lbs to 5-6lbs per week, although everybody is different and you will just have to find what level of water suits you as you follow the diet week by week.
xx

Thanks mrs tweedy really appreciate your honesty means alot to me as 6 months ago u were walking in my shoes and would have had many simular phyisical and emotional struggles.
I am really scared when i finally get to goal what my skin is going to look like as a single parent i cant imagine having to have a full body lift, and at 38 i am no longer a spring chicken.
How has your skin shrunk after losing 10 stone, sorry to ask so many questions but i dont know anyone else to ask,if u feel i am being 2 personal pls pls pls just tell me 2 mind my buisness, thanks hun and take care xxxx

Roch darling,

you GO GIRL!!!!!! I was just looking around the site to see if you'd posted and how you were doing. So pleased and impressed to see that you have rejoined your journey babe and just think......you're ahead of me on that one!!!

I'm having a full on scrap with my chatterbox 24/7 at the moment. I'm going to knock her into the middle of next week soon(as my dear old nanna would have said:D ) if she doesn't bleeding shut up trying to convince me that it's too difficult to get back on CD and I'll never manage to lose 9 stone. We ALL KNOW that VLCD's are not a walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination, don't we hun?

I just need to have a reaaly serious word with myself about MY HAPPINESS. That it actually IS IMPORTANT.

P.S. Did you see I started a new forum for Lone Parents hun? Thought it would be good as there as so many of us, eh? Hope you drop in and say hello when your passing.

You've made a great start Roch.....YOU CAN DO THIS...get on here if you feel the chatterbox getting too loud in your ear darling,

Lacey....xxx

Back