WeMitt thread - we really do Mean It This Time...

Roch I also am worried about the loose skin issues, but hey lets face it it has to be better than being near debilitated through carting all the excess weight around! Or not being able to breathe at night or not being able to stand up for more than a few minutes without aching legs and back!

As of now my skin isn't too bad, my upper arma are the worst to suffer so far and I have bingo wings to rival my late nanna! haha

I also feel like I have some lose skin on my bum! like its emptying out just above my thighs - but again it's not as though anyone other than me and pete will see it so who cares in the scheme of things?
I guess I will also have an apron of skin on my tum when all this is over with and will probably need a boob job! (not something I am looking forward to I can tell you)!

Overall things could be worse and may just get worse but I am happy to be able to hide my saggy skin under nice size 12 clothes than have lucious plump skin bursting out of elasticated size 32 clothes!!!!!

Try not to worry about the skin issues just yet - if they are bad at the end of your journey you can cross that hurdle then, at the moment just try to concentrate on actually getting the weight off and don't let the worry of loose skin burden you, there are a lot of factors to consider, age, genetics,skin elasticity etc... and we are all different so even though I am seeing some signs of trouble to come you may not!
I don't mind you asking qs hun, ask away I am an open book!!!!

xx

I do think that the loose skin issue is one that terrifies most of us at the start of our weightloss journeys but at the end of the day, it's not as bad as you fear it will be.
True - my bum looks like 2 empty bags, but I honestly don't care! I'm just glad it's not blocking out the sun anymore! lol
love

Thanks mrs tweedy,well my arms are the smallest they only the last year or 2 have got floppier since i gave up being a minicab driver,so they dont worry me.
Even my belly does not worry me as i know i can have a tummy tuck and boob job what worries me are my thighs and calves,i know it might sound stupid but i remember watching that lady who lost all her weight on atkins and had a full body lift in the US although she lived here in the uk and she went through sheeer hell,am not sure how much she lost think it was 25 stone or something like that.
I agrree what u r saying about its better to hide the nasty skin under size 12 clothes than weigh 27 stone.
This time i feel totally commited and strong not actually sure why this time is different but i think i cant sink any lower so the only way for me is up !!

Isis hun how r u doing, sent u a pm few days ago.Come on girl we can do this,lets do this together,for the last few days i woke up every day and said today is the day and 2 hrs later was eating a sandwich untill last night when i finally had enough, come on girl jump on the wagon with me xx

Isobel i hope u r right and the skin is not that bead but 17 stone of skin and fat cant just shrink back to normal xx

Hi wemitts

Roch - well done for getting this far ... only a little while longer and Ketosis will kick in: things will get easier then. You hold on girl - we're all behind you!!

Thought I'd post a couple of little things I achieved this evening. Hubby, our youngest daughter (10) and me took our dog for a walk along the beach. The particular beach we chose tonight (there are three in the area) is called Hill Head and has a promenade with a small drop of about 3.5 feet - the height of a dinner table - down onto the shingle.

Well wemitts ... I JUMPED ... yes JUMPED down off the promenade onto the beach with no problem at all. At my heaviest ... well, can you imagine what 21st 12lb's worth of impact would have felt like on my knees!! Tonight I barely felt the impact at all! Before, I probably would have walked along the prom to the boat slipway to get onto the beach. I know it's only a small drop and some people might say 'so what' but I know you wemitts will understand what it meant to me.

Achievement number 2 - it was low tide and there was a large sandy bar exposed which we walked along (the dog goes mental on the sand running around like a demented mop-head!). Suddenly, spurred on by my jump I decided to have a go at a little jog. Now, bear in mind I haven't broken into a jog since 1985: I can remember the precise date because I found I was pregnant with my son (who subsequently died) and I remember running a couple of miles round to see a house we were going to exchange to. Of course, the pregnancy soon stopped me from running and with what happened after ... well, it was the last time I ever ran.

Now - many of you already know I've volunteered to do the Great South Run (junior section) with my 10 year old daughter :eek: and I should really start training as it's in October but to be honest, I've just been too nervous to even attempt a little jog. So tonight on the beach, I decided to give it a go and so hubby, Sophie and me all jogged side-by-side along the sand. Only for a very short distance - maybe 25 yards - but I didn't feel like I was going to collapse. I've taken that first step!! :D Yayyy me!

Sorry about the mega post but I just had to share: these achievements may be small potatoes to some people but to me they are major milestones!

I'm off to bed a happy bunny!

Catch you all tomorrow when we'll start a new week's general thread.

Debbie x

Well done Debbie, 2 major breakthroughs! I can really understand that jump being exciting. It's the kind of thing slim people just take for granted but for a wemitt it is another big hurdle on a long journey and you did it! The jogs great too, it just shows how you are not only losing weight your fitness level is shooting up as well. I don't think you are going to have any probs with your run in October.
Big pats on the back, love

Debbie - I understand exactly what you mean and I'm thrilled for you, hun!!!!
I remember the first time I ran in a gazillion years - it was only a couple of months ago when I was playing with one of my daughters in the school playground. It was a really strange feeling - like I thought I was rooted to the ground, but could actually fly! (Well, for a bit lol).
So well done you!!!

Roch - I understand why you're worried, babes - but it is a fear that might not become real and don't let it put you off from your goal! The way I see it, it's mere details that can be sorted out afterwards - have a fantastic day 2!!
love

Hi all WeMITTS

:D :D :D One ecstatically happy WeMITT here, I lost 3 pounds this week but most importantly I am now in the 12’s, 12st 12 to be exact and have lost 100 pounds in total (7st 2 pounds). I also got told I was “positively skinny”, I wish, but it was a nice compliment anyway:D :D

Mrs Tweedy, 10 stone, WOW, that sound you heard was my jaw hitting the floor, Well done on all your heard work, you deserve it. I can’t wait to see you sitting on the sofa with Phil and Fern.:eek: I can’t believe your house move is going through so quickly and I bet you can’t wait to wave goodbye to those eejits across the road.

Georgiasmum, well done on your 2.2 pounds loss

Ann, hope you are having a cracking holiday

Jax, 8 pounds loss, makes this diet seem worthwhile, don’t it

Barb, keep going, its tough when you don’t lose much but it will come off next week I am sure

Debbie, have you made the appointment to see your GP, if nothing else it will put your mind at rest. Loved your achievements, its funny how we all adapted to being overweight without even realising we were doing it – great going, long may they continue (get your bum out jogging regularly now so that you are fit enough for the October race (I admire anyone that takes this kind of thing on)

Roch, Welcome back to the WeMITTS and good luck with your new journey, don’t forget to measure yourself as well as sometimes if you haven’t lost much weight you may have lost a lot of inches – its just something else to try and keep you motivated. Try and forget what other peoples expectations are for you and concentrate on your own expectations and achievements, this diet is about you and for you.

Bunnygirl, Welcome, keep trying to drink the water, if you really struggle try and set a limit that you can cope with and then add a pint every now and then to build it up over time.

Sorry if I missed anyone, but I typed this once and then lost it.:mad:

Hope everyone is feeling great and doing great,

Thanks Isobel, not as close to target as you but its within looking distance now at least and doesn't feel as daunting as it did at the beginning.

Hi all

Gosh its quiet on here at the moment, I suppose everyone is off on their summer hols. No such luck for me.

Hope everyone is well, happy and losing loads of weight.

Jellybabe said:
Thanks Isobel, not as close to target as you but its within looking distance now at least and doesn't feel as daunting as it did at the beginning.

You will get there, Jbabes!!!! I've no doubt about that!!!
love

Hi all

I'm back, sorry for not posting a while and when I come back it's all change! looks like i'm a weekend visiter if that's OK everyones doing so well i've droped down to 11st 9lb now an keep plodding on.

Is the trek still on? I really would like to be part of that.

love Mary

Hello sexy people,

Can I join your group Please?:D

I know how close you are on DH so thought I would join on here as I dont really go on DH anymore. I know you give lots of advice & tips which I really need at the moment.
Feeling quite down about myself, only have 3 weeks till I go to Spain & I need to lose a stone but I know I wont do that as I want to get up to at least 1000 step the week of my hols.

I went away for a weekend June 17th after seeing Take That, (just thought I would give them a mention as I love them) ate normally the whole weekend & had put 4lb on, ever since then I have struggled to get back onto CD properly. I think I have stayed the same weight for weeks now give or take 1lb.
I am on day 2 of SS just to speed things up abit for my hols & I am finding it really hard..
I will be coming on here all the time to get me through this.

Love
Kel
x

Hi Kel
Of course you are more than welcome to join our happy band ... the more the merrier :D

What we're doing at the moment is posting all our general posts in weekly threads (week starting ... etc) because we're such an active little group, our posts soon rack up into many pages. By splitting it into weekly 'chunks' we can look back on posts etc. Back on DH I think we were up to page 212!

Anyway, welcome aboard - looking forward to sharing your journey with you. :)

Aww thanks for making me welcome girls.

Feeling down today as its day 3 of SS & I got weighed this morning to try & motivate me & I have put 2lb on! :mad:

I did cheat yesterday as in about 8 chips & a handful of cornflakes but I skipped a pack to try & compensate for calories, I know it doesnt work that way but its done now..

Kel
x

Kel - number one rule of success in this diet in my book is DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF. Just get weighed by someone else, preferably your Counsellor, and no more than once a week.
The other mantra is "Keep one eye on the ball, and the other on the big picture" This diet is the fastest there is, but you cannot lose actual weight every single day (you may lose FAT every day, but it doesn't always show on the scales) Be persistent, determined - and patient, it WILL happen!!
Be strong,

Hi Ann, Just popping in to say You really are a true inspiration. I wish I had 10% of your will power to get rid of this one stone..Its making me so unhappy and frustated, everyday I start and collapse. Please advice me something. It would be greatly appreciated xxx
S

Back