Westiegirl: Restarted Day 1 Under my Belt!

Hey hon,

thought i'd take a look at your life so to speak. Well hon it sounds like your advice is true from the heart. You are an inspiration hon if you can look at my troubles and still offer good advice despite your hiccups, i really appreciate it thanks.

Listen you have a great weekend and start again Mon. Enjoy the attention off the men and it doesn't have to lead to stripping off yet lol lol but i know what you mean about building a fat suit around yourself!! Despite me having OH i have been getting attention such as flirting and its so weird i keep thinking someone is stood behind me and i look too lol lol. Cant deal with it cos i don't think i'm sexy YET but it will come i,m sure.

Just enjoy yourself hon thats what life is for and i will listen to my own advice too.

x

Saturday 10th March 2007 - Hen Night in Liverpool

Woke up really early but was slightly tired from late night drinking with my brother the night before and had to force myself out of bed to get packed for my trip to Liverpool. Still needed to decide what to wear and iron all my clothes.

The theme for the weekend was pink and sparkly so for the day I decided to wear jeans and a bright pink t-shirt. It's from DP and says "Rock" on the front, coz I do *lol*.

My mum and dad took me to where the coach was picking us up - in the town where Penny lives which is about 5 miles from where I live. We were going at midday and she had organised a minibus. There was 12 of us altogether and Penny had brought 6 bottles of pink sparkly wine for us to drink on the bus. We got through 4 of them and I must admit to feeling a little tipsy when we got there. Arrived by 1.30pm and checked in to the hotel. I was sharing with Rach from work and we unpacked before heading down to the bar for a drink. The hotel was basic but clean and the bars were nice. We all had a drink in the bar before going for lunch in a local Wetherspoons pub - cheap and cheerful, but lots of room for 12 of us. Everyone was really nice and the sparkly wine was enough for me to relax in the company of a group of fine women. I was nervous because I only knew 2 of them but I was soon chatting to the others like I've known them for years. It's funny watching a group of someone else's friends though. The whole group obviously doesn't go out much as one and it was funny to see the different relationships with someone rolling their eyes at another etc and being independent enough to see it all but not be involved!

After lunch we split into 2 groups, the shoppers and the sports fans. Guess wish one I was? Yep, back to the hotel to one of the bars there called the Dugout - a sports bar, quite appropriately! We sat and had a drink whilst watching the rugby - a group of female welsh rugby fans. My kinda group!

The rest of the group drifted back from the shops and we eventually all headed back to our rooms to get ready to go out for the evening. Rach had been shopping and I had asked her to get me something pink and sparkly. She brought me some fantastic pink cherry earrings and a hen night sash. My outfit was quite understated in the pink department - black trousers and vest top and a pink shrug cardi. With my pink earrings it wasn't too OTT. Went to an Italian restaurant called Casa Italia and 2 of the bridesmaids had been there earlier and put balloons on our table and brought a small gift for all of us. Mine was a pink feather boa and I was chuffed. There was a mixture of feather boas and deely-boppers which we all had to wear. The meal was lovely but I won't talk details. After that we went to a pub and had a drink but it was heaving and we left after one. Penny is not a pubby/clubby type person and we all ended up going back to the hotel to the bar there. TBH I wasn't the only one who was a little disappointed by that because we walked right by the door of Flares and looked longingly in the doors but no go!

The hotel bar was really quiet but the night guy behind the reception took a strop when one of the girls moved a sofa so we could all sit together. Almost fell out with them and thought we would get chucked out but we didn't. Had a great night afterall though. Just drank loads and chatted. Our party slowly dispersed as people headed to bed. Rach was almost chucked out because she had been drinking all night and someone (from our group no less) had told the 2 night staff that she was only 17. I'm not sure what the point was but she was flirting with all the guys and having drinks bought for her. She's 17 and gorgeous but very naive. I think the person who told on her was trying to protect her but it was a bit out of proportion. I was her responsible adult *lol*. But seriously I was keeping an eye on her and would have never let anything happen to her. I was tipsy but that was all. We were in a safe environment (we were locked into a residents bar) and she was with a big group. Anyway it caused a big row between the 2 night staff and I was "debating" with them. The one who had given us trouble over the table earlier wanted her to be chucked out but the other agreed that if she sat quietly in the corner she was ok. They both agreed that she had not caused any trouble at all - she hadn't. Rach realised all the trouble and decided she would go to bed anyway. One of the girls took her up and made sure she was tucked in with her jim jams, a call to her boyfriend and her cuddly eye-ore toy. Bless!

I stayed in the bar and carried on drinking until the other girls started dropping like flies. Finally there was just me and one girl - Katharine left. We ended up chatting with a group of guys who worked in the theatre next door. Their shift finished at 3am and they came in to wind down before going home. I lost track of how many guys cracked on to me but I'm sure working such odd shifts meant they have difficulty meeting women so I wasn't surprised. Even by the end both the 2 night staff who I was "debating" with earlier in the evening were flirting desperately with me! My goodness it was just like the Toon again! But hey I'm not naive enough like Rach to not realise what they are after. But a bit of attention is always appreciated! Finally ended up sitting chatting to a nice guy from Scotland after Katharine was literally carried to bed by a guy (he just carried her to bed and placed her it on it whilst her room mate looked up bleary eyed and confused *lol* before leaving again!).

Was just chatting to this guy so much that I didn't realise it was so late. Only realised when the morning staff came in and started setting up for breakfast. Too late for bed then so I just stayed up all night. Who-hoo - last girl standing!!! Bar the bride's mother and mother in law I was the oldest - the rest are all about 28 so how chuffed am I!!!! Rach phoned me wondering where I was and came down for breakfast in her jim jams. I went and got a paper and got some funny looks because I still had on my boa and deely-boppers. The guy at Smiths just laughed at me!

The other girls all came down for breakfast about 9.30am and they all looked at me amazed. Or maybe it was disgust - remember I don't know them so they probably think what a tart! There was me sitting between 2 scottish guys (Gavin's mate had arrived) still in my clothes from the night before with Rach sitting across from me in her jim jams. Poor Penny - what must her pals think of her staff - a 35 year old party queen and a 17 year old underage drinker. Anyway they are all married with kids and I'm not and neither was Katharine, so there :p. I ain't bothered!!!

Went back to my room about 10am and had a shower and chucked everything in my suitcase before meeting back up at 11am to check out. The minibus was waiting so we all piled in and we were a very subdued lot heading home! It was a good weekend and I didn't do anything embarrassing but I'm not sure my reputation is highly regarded *lol*. Oh well, don't have to see them all again until the night of the wedding so they might have forgotten by then!

Better go to sleep now - will write Sunday's tomorrow because I am seriously lacking in sleep and have to go to work tomorrow.

OMG, you sound sooooo like me, I'm always the last one or one of the last ones standing, and yes I'm used to those looks from the others next morning...LOL...they don't know what their missing, its all good harmless fun, why let a good nite go to waste by going to bed, ha ha going to bed is sooooo overrated....;) :D

plenty of time to sleep when ya get home LOL...only two weeks till B/ham, I'll keep ya company in de residents bar anytime chuck,,,after the niteclubs of course...:D

OMG, you sound sooooo like me, I'm always the last one or one of the last ones standing, and yes I'm used to those looks from the others next morning...LOL...they don't know what their missing, its all good harmless fun, why let a good nite go to waste by going to bed, ha ha going to bed is sooooo overrated....;) :D

plenty of time to sleep when ya get home LOL...only two weeks till B/ham, I'll keep ya company in de residents bar anytime chuck,,,after the niteclubs of course...:D

You got a date Caz *lol*! We were the last 2 standing in the Toon but only went home because we didn't have a party to go to! We'll have a great time - after all you can sleep when your dead!!!! Any other takers welcome!

Sunday 11th March 2007

Where did Saturday end and Sunday start *lol*. That's the trouble with not going to bed.

The mini bus journey home was subdued, as I said, and I was glad to be heading home. My mum and dad picked me up from the car park when we got back!

Stopped at Somerfield and I picked up a sandwich for lunch. Got home at 1.30pm and went straight up to my lounge and collapsed on the sofa. I put the telly on and had an afternoon of sport on tv and snoozing.

Brain was too tired to think at all and I decided to delay my decision on the job until later in the day until I felt better.

Got up about 6pm and unpacked and tidied up and then sat down and had a wee think. Did a pros and cons list and discussed it with my mum and dad and it came out on the side of staying where I am. Felt much better with decision made and relaxed a little.

Had a quiet evening (pretty much like the whole day) and had a lovely roast dinner with the parents before intending an early night that was in reality 11.30pm because I sat up and updated my thread.

hey sarah... delighted you had such a great weekend... i know you think your social life is a bit pants but if you read back over your diary for the past while... you have been quite busy nearly every weekend!!!!

anyways you asked if i felt the counselling helped and OMG on the biggest scale ever yes it has.... i'm feeling like me again and i do have a bit to go but i'll get there!!! my only advise is to be totally honest... no point otherwise!!!

good on ya about the job... that is brill and i'm sure you have made the right choice!!!

love

Gen xxx

hey sarah... delighted you had such a great weekend... i know you think your social life is a bit pants but if you read back over your diary for the past while... you have been quite busy nearly every weekend!!!!

You are right. I really just want a quiet weekend this weekend - I need to do nothing. My social life has been hectic and I need some me time!

anyways you asked if i felt the counselling helped and OMG on the biggest scale ever yes it has.... i'm feeling like me again and i do have a bit to go but i'll get there!!! my only advise is to be totally honest... no point otherwise!!!

Thanks for that. I am hopeful that the counselling will help me greatly because I am just going to be totally honest and use it to the maximum.

good on ya about the job... that is brill and i'm sure you have made the right choice!!!

I am sure it will but it is still a little scary at the moment because I guess I'll never know whether I've made rgw right choice.

love

Gen xxx

Hope you are doing OK hun, will need to catch up with your thread - if I can keep my eyes open long enough this evening - I am totally exhausted *lol*!

Day 1 CD 790 - Work Decision - Hope It's Right

Woke up today feeling exhausted. Knew it would catch up with me!

Got up with my head in "I'm gonna go back to CD today" mode. No questions asked - just felt like I was gonna get on with it. Had a choc mint shake for breakfast and a pint of water.

Had my weigh in - 12.12 - the most I've been in a while (probably except before xmas when I conveniently forgot to weigh myself disguised as a conscious decision not to *lol*).

Went to work and I knew that I would be called into the office to give my decision about whether I was staying. True enough, I took a coffee into the boss and he said "just the person". So we sat down and chatted and I told him my decision to stay. He was very pleased and even shook my hand. Umm, didn't do me any favours though - no go on reducing my hours. I really didn't hold up much hope for that though especially as everyone else would work the full week and I guess it would have caused tension. So ho hum, thinking of the positives though. I did explain to Steve that I will need time off during the week for personal reasons and he said no problem. I have to have my counselling sessions during the week and also I have my doctors appointments too. I have also received my appointment for my scan at the hospital - it's March 20th. Sounds quite scary!!!

Once we had the chat then came the nuts and bolts of working out the division of roles. Steve called a meeting with just about everyone individually and the whole admin side of the business was rearranged in a morning. Guess I've had a bit of an impact haven't I!!!

So now I am the service co-ordinator and Rach is sales and contracts co-ordinator. Sounds good but as Heather said later, same meat, just different gravy!! I sat at my desk later and Ian, the Service Manager (and now my boss) was chucking work at me non stop and I thought to myself "oh feck, what have I done!". I thought to myself I could be stacking shelves on Saturday. Instead I was sitting there feeling stressed and like I was about to drown! Stopped for lunch and was quite amused to read my horoscope on google:

This is an action-packed phase for you, but as the day unfolds, you may feel weary from everything you have done -- and all there is still left to do. You may feel quite overwhelmed by it all, for at this pace you'll never reach your destination. Avoid the temptation to walk away from your responsibilities to just do something enjoyable. Instead, find satisfaction in a job well done.

How very true! It couldn't have been more appropriate for the day! I think part of the problem today was tiredness due to the wild weekend! I have lots of things that Rachel has passed over to me and my desk was buried under paper. Decided that I need to sit down with Ian tomorrow and chat about my concerns. There are lots of things left over from when the job was split between us and I feel like I'll never catch up! Guess I can only cope if I tell someone. I have made myself ill from stress in the past by trying to do it all myself. I need, as I have said so many times on here, to learn to ask for help! I am also going to say to Ian that I need half an hour of quiet in the morning just to get myself organised and produce a list of what needs to be done.

Lunch today was spicy tomato soup and I had no cravings for anything else. Maybe it was because the chip shop is closed on a Monday and I had no temptation! The day did pass quite quickly and I felt stressed but satisfied at the end of it.

Stopped in Tesco on the way home and bought some cooked chicken and diet juice for my 790 plan. Waled right past the chocolate - no problem!

When I got home I found that my dad and brother have started on my kitchen. My cooker is now wired in and I have a couple of cupboards on the wall. It is actually starting to look like a kitchen now!

Was really craving meat when I came home so I just ate chicken and ham out of the packet. Must admit it was more than it says on the programme but I haven't had a bar today. I have only had 2 packs (I know I should have them all) but I really can't face another. I really don't want to chew one of those bars!

I have had a couple of texts from Matt today and he has been very nice, saying how much he is thinking of me and how he is becoming very fond of me. He wants to meet up tomorrow night. Call me cycnical but I think he's hoping he'll get some action *lol*. I texted him to say I didn't think I could meet up and he said he's not free until Friday. Mmm, might keep him hanging and not go out tomorrow. I'm meant to be meeting Rob on Thursday too and tbh I really can't be @rsed! I just want to stay on the sofa and chill out. I think I've been burning the candle at both ends for too many weekends recently! I need me time!!! Gosh, what a turn around - I'm fighting them off *lol*. Maybe there is something to the phrase treat em mean.......

I am feeling really tired now and I am going to my bed soon to watch TV. Want to watch Fallen Angel, as I enjoyed last nights episode. Will record it too as I might just pass out.

If I don't get a chance to catch up on anyone elses threads tonight, I'm going use my free evenings this week to chill and catch up with some home stuff.

Yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee me thinks sarah is back to her good ol self!!!!

Good on ya for yesterday hun... that is exactly how cd happened for me last monday... although i did ss totally but only because it worked for me on that day... i did have the option of having a 790 type meal but didn't want it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dying to hear how you are getting on today hun!!

well done girl you are doing all the right things

love

Gen xxx

Day 3 - Tired But Feeling Better

Hi guys, thanks of thinking of me!

The weekend finally caught up with me last night and I passed out on the sofa about 7.30pm. Woke up and crawled into my bed about 9pm and watched the final part of Fallen Angel. I enjoyed it but felt it left more questions than answers. There was a behinds the scenes programme on afterwards which I recorded. I am hoping they discuss a bit more of the nature/nurture side of the programme in that because I think it is really fascinating.

So, today is day 3 and I am doing OK (ish). Yesterday was fine - enjoying being on 790, mainly because I have been drinking diet juice perfectly legally!!! Pretty much been drinking perfectly clear and coke zero anyway! Had my packs during the day yesterday and when I came home I had my meal. But that wasn't all completely legal *lol*. I had 2 chicken breasts, a bit of parmesan cheese and some pickle. Ok, nothing to get beaten up about but I'm going to try harder today! Didn't have any more packs last night so that's all good! Probably something to do with sleeping *lol*. Also TOTM started yesterday and that wiped me out too!

Woke up this morning and peed on my stick. Yipee it was pink but I still feel really hungry! I also weighed myself - lost 6lbs eaxctly. So far today I have had all my packs so it is a relief to know that I still have a meal available later.

Work has been fine. I really shouldn't have been here today - it was supposed to be my final day yesterday, but here I still am! My "OMG what have I done" feelings have now been replaced with "OMG will I get it all done" instead! I feel like I am getting to grips with what I should be doing - concentrating on one thing rather than being spread too thinly (ooh wouldn't I like to be spread thin rather than spreading out!!!). Got tons to do as a catch up from the shambolic system of recent times but I'll get there!

Haven't been on any dates this week. Told Matt I couldn't see him last night so he's suggested Friday (and even suggested dancing). How could a dancing queen like me refuse! We'll see what his intentions are although I've got a pretty good idea! Um, we'll see! I'm meant to be seeing Rob tomorrow night but I'm going to cancel that too. Just need me time more than I need to be validated by a man. Is that progress or what!!!! The girl who couldn't say no has now found her tongue!!!

Missing catching up with all you girls and I won't be able to tonight - yoga time. This weekend I hope is going to be all for me!!!

Hey Sarah - Sounds like you are having a ball honey!! Well done on getting back on track with the diet, i know you can do this!

Well done Sarah - you seem to have adapted the CD diet to suit you - 6lb?? Brilliant!! Got work and men sussed too!!! I'm envious of you - long may all three continue to work out so well for you!

hey girl... just popping by to say thinking of ya and hope you are having a lovely day on 790!!!

love

Thanks everyone!

Karen, must really get myself over to your thread and see how ya doing this week - i'm a few days behind on what's happening. Last I read you were going great guns! Long may it continue!

Mandy, thinking of you too hun! I can't believe it's just over a week to Birmingham yipee! We will definately make some plans for our shopping trip!

Beverley, I'm not getting too confident yet. I get so far then I balls it up! Although back to 12.10.2 today! Not sure what that's about!

Gen, nice to see ya girl. Doing ok on 790 today but heads going a bit all over the place. But ho hum, I'll update my thread later!

Back