What are you doing over Christmas??

Tara.a

With Christmas and New Year coming up, I don't want to come off the Lipotrim completely and the Chermist said that I could look at going on a maintence type diet for the three special days (Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years day).

He mentioned making the one meal to be protein based, with very small portion of low-carb veggies (i.e. no bigger than the size of my palm).

What are you all doing and what will you be eating (if you do eat)?

I am coming off LT and stuffing my face!!! lol

Seriously though, i am coming off for Xmas and New Year and going back to 100% in January. I am going to eat anything and everything that i want to, hopefully it will be completely different from previous years, in that i will have more discipline (that's my hope anyway).

Good luck with whatever decision you come to x x

hey tara! my plan is to refeed the week before and then as soon as i do one week of refeed then im going to do really low carbs. need some carbs for the alcohol but no mince pies, roses or anything like that for me.!

Oh and then im 100percent back on TFR from the 1st of january until goal! dont want to undo hard work! :D

Thanks guys for your answers!

I am going to stay booze free over Christmas & New Year, which is why I only really want to stray off the diet on four seperate occasion (forgot about our works Christmas lunch on the 17th! :eek: ).

I was planning on steaming a chicken or turkey breast and some really low/no carb veggies (spinich, mushrooms, cauliflower) and totally gluten/wheat free.

I so want to succeed in this and really want to hit my goal by the end of March next year. :)

Anyone know if brussel sprouts are okay veggie carb wise?

Thanks guys for your answers!

I am going to stay booze free over Christmas & New Year, which is why I only really want to stray off the diet on four seperate occasion (forgot about our works Christmas lunch on the 17th! :eek: ).

I was planning on steaming a chicken or turkey breast and some really low/no carb veggies (spinich, mushrooms, cauliflower) and totally gluten/wheat free.

I so want to succeed in this and really want to hit my goal by the end of March next year. :)

Anyone know if brussel sprouts are okay veggie carb wise?

Tara, sprouts are fine....as a rule of thumb it is the root vegetables, ie potatoes, parsnips etc that have the most carbs, anything green and grown about the ground should be fine......

I am a bit nervous about what to do over Christmas, if I stop will I be able to start again :eek: and if I do not stop how I am going to deal with all our guests and cooking etc ? I will probably try to go protein only, with minimum carbs and no alcohol. I do not normally talk to people outside immediate family about my diet but I will try to get guests over Christmas on the side over my diet. If they give me to much trouble they can always go home ! :D

No carbs in Vodka (so im told) just a thought lol :)

HTML:
No carbs in Vodka (so im told) just a thought lol :-

Oh dear...dangerous info....but very very very welcome :p

Add another bottle of vodka to the bar ! :)

Any info on champagne? Veuve in particular!

Excellent selection Sandra

I will be partaking in one or ten vodkas myself lol,,,,but my drink of choice is also champers,,,what can i say i love the stuff,,,but yes there are carbs in it!!!

I will be partaking in one or ten vodkas myself lol,,,,but my drink of choice is also champers,,,what can i say i love the stuff,,,but yes there are carbs in it!!!

Have you tried a stolly bolly Trose? I got totally ar8eholed at Mardi Gras in New Orleans when this guy introduced me to the delights of my two fav drinks combined! Woke up in all my clothes and knew that I'd been sick somewhere (as you do!) but didn't know where........turns out the puke was down the back of the mattress behind the headboard.......those were the days!

Vodka and Champers :eek: in New Orleans ! I was much more traditional and overdosed Hurricanes on bourbon street. Great memories or is it great lost memory :D

Vodka and Champers :eek: in New Orleans ! I was much more traditional and overdosed Hurricanes on bourbon street. Great memories or is it great lost memory :D

I was there for five days, supposedly........all expenses paid which is probably why I hardly remember a thing.....

loooollll...:) i will be on the pinot grigio and the champers this Christmass.....lots of carbs...:-/ better get a good few walks in!!

ha ha pmsl again, i lve this forum xx. anyhoo .. I found this about the carb content of champers. if you stick to a dry one there is only 5grms per glass,
Champagne and Sparkling Wine on Atkins - Low Carb

i'm finishing LT, 2 weeks before Christmas, i'll refeed to carbs slowly so i can have the roasties with the turkey and then move to dukans after new year. I don't think i could do LT, tfr again a third time. I'm finding it very tough since i came back, after my hols. just getting very bored with it even though my loss results are actually better this time round (strange that..) I just want to eat, I'm missing food badly, oh and the guinness on a friday night :( lol

Back