What are you using your syns on today?

Advent calendar choc (2)
2x Morrisons Rich Tea fingers (2)
MullerLight Greek Lemon yogurt (0.5)
1tbsp very low fat margarine (1)
100ml skimmed milk (2)

so 7.5 Syns today :)

Tacos as a treat after weigh-in :)

Add a mini mince pie (5.5 Syns) to mine, having it with a cup of hazelnut coffee :)
So 13 Syns total

Looking through an Indian takeaway menu but when I put pretty much all of it thought the Syn calculator it doesn't find any matches!! Argh! I want something called Lemon Chana Chicken but no idea how many Syns it is? It sounds like it could be low as its described as: "Tender pieces of chicken, freshly chopped lemon and chickpeas delicately blended with chefs own mixture". Can anyone help?

Decided on a chicken dhansak, boiled rice and a poppadum so:
chicken dhansak (6.5)
rice (free!!)
poppadum (4)
advent choc (2)
so... 12.5 Syns for today :)

Ryvita crackerbreads 3 syns
KFC corn on the cob 1.5 syns
Sweet popcorn 6 syns

= 10.5 for the day :)

Looking through an Indian takeaway menu but when I put pretty much all of it thought the Syn calculator it doesn't find any matches!! Argh! I want something called Lemon Chana Chicken but no idea how many Syns it is? It sounds like it could be low as its described as: "Tender pieces of chicken, freshly chopped lemon and chickpeas delicately blended with chefs own mixture". Can anyone help?

I know its too late but what about synning it like lemon chicken from Chinese?! I know its not the same but maybe similar. Im probably wrong though lol

Yesterday my Syns were used on:

1x cinnamon swirl (SW recipe) (1)
1x mince parcel (SW recipe) (1)
red wine in Stifado (4.5)

so just 6.5 Syns yesterday and was too full to eat anything else!!

Today I'm going to try to have a Syn-free day, all my meals are Syn-free, it will just be the snacks!
Aiming for a Syn-free day tomorrow as well, ready for WI on Tuesday :)

A Syn-free day just wasn't going to happen in a Sunday!!!
So far I've had a cinnamon swirl (1), a veggie sausage roll (4.5) and a M&S Belgian Cherry wheat beer (5) and I plan to have another, taking me up to 15.5 :)

Yesterday my Syns were used on:

1x cinnamon swirl (SW recipe) (1)
1x mince parcel (SW recipe) (1)
red wine in Stifado (4.5)

so just 6.5 Syns yesterday and was too full to eat anything else!!

Today I'm going to try to have a Syn-free day, all my meals are Syn-free, it will just be the snacks!
Aiming for a Syn-free day tomorrow as well, ready for WI on Tuesday :)

Can you point me in the direction of the recipies for cinnamon swirls and mince parcels, they sound scrummy!

I have used todays syns on a quorn lasagne ready meal (asda had run out of cottage pies :() and a treat size crunchie :)

Can you point me in the direction of the recipies for cinnamon swirls and mince parcels, they sound scrummy!

I have used todays syns on a quorn lasagne ready meal (asda had run out of cottage pies :() and a treat size crunchie :)
Here's the recipes:

Mince Parcels (1 Syn each)

1 pit of filo pastry sheets
Mincemeat
Icing sugar to dust

Cut each filo sheet into 6 squares. Layer 3 squares diagonally, put a tsp of mincemeat on top. Gather up the edges and twist into a parcel. Place in a hot oven for a couple of minutes until golden. Place on a serving plate and dust with icing sugar before serving.

Cinnamon Swirls (1 Syn each)

1 pkt ready rolled puff pastry sheets ( if you use light ones, even less Syns!)
2 tbsp granulated sweetener
2 tbsp "half" sugar (Silver Spoon)
2 tbsp ground cinnamon

Unroll the pastry sheets and lay flat on a floured work surface.
Mix the cinnamon, sweetener and sugar together and cover the surface of the pastry sheets.
Roll up from the long side and 'glue' down the edge using a little water.
using a sharp knife, slice into 18 swirls per sheet, place on a baking tray and cook for 10-15 mins at 180/gas 5.
Leave to cool slightly then serve still warm

Both very simple to make and very enjoyable to eat, ESP the cinnamon swirls! X

Back