What do the meals look like? and what can you with them?

I'm not sure what I was trying to achieve but I made a chocolate shake quite thick this morning and put it in the microwave, it came up lovely and fluffy at first but then boiled over and I lost most of it over the side of the bowl:cry: I was kinda hoping for a ready brek consistency but it was a bit of a disaster.

I just had the Original Oatmeal, it really wasn't very nice. I added a sweetner as it had a strange savouryish taste, the sweetner didn't help. I ate it though as I am too tight to waste a sachet, the lumpy bits were just gross. Strangely though my 17 mth old had a few spoonfuls and enjoyed it (she was stood by my bowl waiting for a taste!)
Going to have the Mushroom pasta on a bed of mushrooms tonight so I really hope thats edible.

i love the mushroom pasta :) x

Yummy spicy spaghetti with mushrooms, leeks and a little chicken.

2012-04-27 19.57.23.jpg

i love the mushroom pasta :) x
Me too had it tonight as planned , I left it soak for a few mins before cooking and there were no hard bits of Pasta, it was lovely with my veg allowance of Mushrooms.
I think the key to the savoury meal packs is to use them like a sauce, as I couldn't imagine eating it on its own?
How does everyone cook their leeks , as I think I might have some tomorrow but have never cooked it before???

I usually steam leeks but you can boil them too I think.

I'm really struggling with the shakes as they don't seem to fill me up, probably cos I'm thinking of them as a drink. After the disasterous boiling over in the microwave episode, I tried to make biscuits with my next packet of chocolate shake. There were ok-ish but a little bland so I'd probably add some sweetner next time. Also not wanting to waster anything I cleaned my mixing bowl out with boiling water and then turned this into a mocha coffee. The other picture is nowt to do with the biscuits just a picture of my tea last night. cauli rice and fish - surprisingly quite tasty.

Attachments

• 280420122157.jpg
    280420122157.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 452
  • 270420122145.jpg
    270420122145.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 427
Yum, Yum, I decided against the leeks for tonight I am having salad instead but dry fried sound lovely :)

Are you having a meal with your salad? I tried the chilli and lettuce 'taco's' and can definately recommend them, put a bit of salt on my lettuce first and it was great. plus the plate looked huge so I was visually full. I've bought a load of allowed veg today and as I work late and struggle to find time to go shopping I've chopped them, weighed them into 200g bags and popped them in the freezer so I'll have no excuses so cheat when I get in from work.

Are you having a meal with your salad? I tried the chilli and lettuce 'taco's' and can definately recommend them, put a bit of salt on my lettuce first and it was great. plus the plate looked huge so I was visually full. I've bought a load of allowed veg today and as I work late and struggle to find time to go shopping I've chopped them, weighed them into 200g bags and popped them in the freezer so I'll have no excuses so cheat when I get in from work.
I had my protein meal grilled chicken with spicy stuff on top and a mixed salad, it was yummy. I am tempted to try the tacos though mmmm maybe tomorrow ;)

I tried the porridge scone / biscuits with a bit on cinimon.....not for me..Aaagghhhh, I have to say it was worth a try!!!! but just not to my taste. However I did have a steak on sat night, I checked with Rob at S & S and he said it was ok....OMG it was sooooo good, I had it with shallots and mushrooms fried in a little bit of boullon and cauli with my mac cheese pack on top. there was loads to eat, I was as full as I have been in years but it did taste like I had gone to heaven!

mummyrodgers said:
I tried the porridge scone / biscuits with a bit on cinimon.....not for me..Aaagghhhh, I have to say it was worth a try!!!! but just not to my taste. However I did have a steak on sat night, I checked with Rob at S & S and he said it was ok....OMG it was sooooo good, I had it with shallots and mushrooms fried in a little bit of boullon and cauli with my mac cheese pack on top. there was loads to eat, I was as full as I have been in years but it did taste like I had gone to heaven!

Oooh-steak! Might have to look into doing that :)

Back