What do we all do for a living?

I was a childminder for years and sahm but have my interview to become a slimming world consultant tonight!!!

Pinpant said:
I was a childminder for years and sahm but have my interview to become a slimming world consultant tonight!!!

That's fab! Good luck for tonight! X

I'm a Technical Support Officer for the local Highway Authority. We ensure the roads are kept up to standard and are the people everyone whinges at when it snows and the roads are closed! I love my job, it's really varied I get to talk to loads of interesting people and I get to fix things everday!

ooo good luck, i hope that it went okay

Cool thread, have just read through the whole lot to be nosey.

I am a Horse riding Instructor, groom and rider :) Love my job, although in all the cold weather we have had this winter i have to remind myself of that of a cold morning!!
You'll be jealous in the summer when i am being paid to get a tan :)

I'm a claims technician for an insurance company. i used to assess travel and health claims, but now work for a company that deals with the sort of insurance that the majority of the public would have never heard of before, which is great. No more complaints! lol

I'm a retail manager and also a personal trainer! I used to work full time as a leisure club manager and personal trainer until I fell in work and broke my coccyx bone :( that's when I put on all the weight, I used to train/teach classes 5/6 times a day to nothing :( but you know career change and I'm now getting slimmer again and the old me is emerging :)

I honestly love my job except for rude customers who apparently have a problem with someone being nice to them and saying hello.. A customer complained to head office about me because I traumatized her shopping experience by being nice to her.. And offering her some help to find what she was looking for!!!!

Oooo! Exciting stuff! :D My degree was in Biochemistry (think I've forgotten a lot of it now though :eek:) xx

Lolol, if you don't use it, you lose it! So what do you do now? I only read the first couple of pages of this thread so forgive me if you've already posted it! :rolleyes:

CBM - Can you explain what happened please...i'm very intrigued! lolol

Lolol, if you don't use it, you lose it! So what do you do now? I only read the first couple of pages of this thread so forgive me if you've already posted it! :rolleyes:

CBM - Can you explain what happened please...i'm very intrigued! lolol

I'm a Chemistry teacher in a secondary school now, and I teach biology up to GCSE, so not really using the Biochem degree there, lol! xx

Well, you are really, you've got the chem and bio aspect of your degree. Don't know how you secondary school teachers put up with teenagers and their hormones...at least 'my' kids are adults, so we don't have many behavioural problems. :rolleyes:

A friend of mine teaches chem and bio at a secondary school...she had a chair thrown at her last week!:mad:

I admire your courage, you've got to have the patience of a saint to teach at secondary level! xxx

I am a breakdown controller for a breakdown company not aa or rac, i loathe my job though. Im starting a foundation degree in Sept in Sport Science though

Oooooooo where are you planning on doing that, melon?

Its with the Open Uni I cant afford to leave work so i can fit it around my full time job :) I did recently start a BSc Hons Natural Bio with them but withdrew because I found it too in depth on the maths side, and they changed the module halfway through .

Im a trainee primary school teacher hopefully qualify june 2011 :) then have some luck n get a job september! And complete my masters! Xx

Back