• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What does everyone do with their ' too big ' clothes?

I have been having a clear out of clothes I have found that are too small, or long.

I could keep them as they are Next, Marks and Sparks etc so not cheap but it isn't very good motivation, keeping in case I put on weight again is it.

I was a 14 getting tighter, now a 10 so don't want to go to 14 again.

I know we can't sell anything on here but what about listing them on ebay and letting members know they are going on first?

I am talking about very good condition clothes, not ones that look worn.

Would people buy Next trousers for instance if they were priced at £2.99 a pair as you have to put p+p on, of a couple of £.

Or I suppose if people bought multiple items the price for postage would be a lot less.

What do others think?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
I kept all mine for a year (in the basement!)... and then sold on Ebay. The larger sizes sold well. Sizes 16-18 didn't.

Good luck! Hard work, but I made about €400!

I kept all mine for a year (in the basement!)... and then sold on Ebay. The larger sizes sold well. Sizes 16-18 didn't.

Good luck! Hard work, but I made about €400!
Thanks Maintainer.

I'm not sure how well size 14 would sell on ebay then.

What do you reckon is the best selling size, the larger ones ie 20-22?

My mother in law was about 20 or 22 and has lost weight, now a 18 and has 3 wardrobe fulls to get rid of!

Don't you mean 'too big' clothes :D

Ebay do free listing days every so often, why don't you wait until one of those and that way you have nothing to lose if your items don't sell.

Ebay do free listing days every so often, why don't you wait until one of those and that way you have nothing to lose if your items don't sell.
Doh! :rolleyes:

Flippin' eck! :eek:

That must say something about my way of thinking about weight loss! :eek:

Off to amend my original post.

Ta. ;)

I was wondering why there weren't many replies, nobody knew what the hell I was talking about. :silly:

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Just me... haaaaa!

Mirjam

Never Ever Give Up!
I've been giving them to my mum. I've told her about Exante but seeing as she has heart problems she's too afraid to use it, especially after having a very bad reaction while in surgery a couple of months ago.... so I take all my clothes with me when I travel to Holland and if she doesn't like them or doesn't suit her, they're donated to the Salvos.

I've been giving mine to Oxfam - I like to think that as I get smaller people who need good food are getting a bit fatter.

When I was shrinking I donated £5 for every 1lb I lost to the East Africa famine appeal for the same reason.

I need a huge wardrobe sort out yesterday - as I drove towards supermarket - one bag got dropped off at a Cat Protection shop; two at Age UK; final two into the Sally Army clothing bank - done - unfortunately wardrobe now very bare !

I give mine to a local charity for people who are going through hard times, poverty etc... There are going to be a lot of cold people this Winter in our own local areas, this recession has hit some people very hard and I like to think that some of my clothes can keep them warm. They were doing nothing in my wardrobe so at leas they'll be doing something now.