What does everyone 'eat'

mumto4

Im starting S&S next week (got a weeks worth on LT to use first) and was wondering what people 'eat'. Do most just do 3 shakes a day, is this the fastest weight loss approach? Or do people have one bar a day and a meal. Not sure if I can afford the meals aswell, so might just be shakes/bars for me. xx

well with me it has changed over time

i started off on 3 shakes a day which got boring real quick then i started using the meals and bars for variety

then i went through a phase of 4 meals perday 2 porridge , one spag bol , one chilli

now I generally have a shake for lunch but watered down , split in half and about an hour in between , so 12 and 1ish then in the evening I have spag bol or chilli with veg then porridge and a bar before bed

so I have been able to adapt it as time goes by , Im not sure whether there is much difference in weight loss when comparing 3 packs to 4 or shakes to meals , i think it would be negligible

the most important thing for me is to find a combination that doesnt make it feel like hard work and therefore you be able to maintain it long term , if that means a slightly slower loss then so be it , Id rather that than fall of the wagon because its intolerable

the meals cost the same as the shakes and bars, the cheapest way to buy is the mens 5 a day , I think it is 140 items and works out about £1.09 per item

regardless of whether you order shakes meals or bars

I'm just waiting on my first weeks supply arriving (currently on CD). So, just to clarify, we can only have one bar a day, but I could have 4 meals instead of shakes etc?

You could have 4 meals, 4 shakes, 2 of each.... whatever. Or have 3 packs with 200g chicken or fish. The only restriction is only one bar a day, due I think to higher carbs and cals and a risk of too many putting you out of ketosis.

I have 3 shakes and a bar a day. But it's coming up to totm so going to do 4 shakes a day as I have them huge made with 750mls

So I'm hoping this extra water helps to stop fluid retention

Generally I have 1 shake, 2 meals and either a bar or another shake for supper. Yum!

Oh I should answer the actual question too!

Generally, I have either a shake made into mush or an oatmeal cookie at 7.15am, then a meal at 12.30pm, then a bar all chopped up at 5pm, then whatever I fancy at 9pm- usually a mushy shake or meal.

you can have 3 or 4 packs per day , any packs , but only one can be a bar , sorry if im repeating

plus dont forget you can have your 200g of veg from the veg allowance list

and when someone says oatmeal cookie , they mean they make a cookie from the porridge / oatmeal pack dont go thinking you can open a pack of cookies and chow down ha ha , must get round to doing this

some of the shakes are really nice as a frozen dessert , I mix with half the water advised to make a thick shake and pop in the freezer , i dont lrt it fully freeze but prefer it at a slush puppy/ice cream type consistency

someone suggested yesterday making the chilli and wrapping it in iceberg lettuce leaves , said it was really nice

new suggestions are popping up all the time which is great

Thanks guys! I've ordered the 21 pack week kit thingy with a mix of shakes, meals and bars to see what I think. Still got about a weeks worth of my cd stuff left, but I'm really looking forward to the S&S stuff arriving. Hoping the meals are good cuz im getting a bit fed up lookin at the shakes all the time! lol!

The lettuce leaf wraps would quite tasty. Or maybe a veg soup made into a burrito or poppadom would be good with it.

the meals cost the same as the shakes and bars, the cheapest way to buy is the mens 5 a day , I think it is 140 items and works out about £1.09 per item

regardless of whether you order shakes meals or bars

sorry if this is a really silly question but is it ok to order the 5 a day option even if you intend to stick to the ladies 3 a day option? I am hoping to place my first order today and I want to go for the most cost effective option.

yes course it is, you can order what you want and how much you want. ive just ordered a month supply for me and a month supply for my mum.

its best to do the cheapest option as you said want to be cost effective x

You can order products individually anyway- so say i just wanted 100 choc shakes (which I do!) I'd order that without choosing a plan. Just add them to basket. I order the 5 a day yet have 4, all it means is I have extra days. Then I add extra bits to it!

best way to do it is order the mans 5 a day , and get 140 items , works out cheaper

it will then ask you what combination you want

last time I just ticked chilli, cottage pie , porridge and spag bol

they will send you an equal amount of each , so in the extra information box on the order page i specify exactly how many of each i want

so i could order

50 porridge
25 chilli
25 spag bol
40 cottage pie
totalling 140

you can do this with any combination of meals/bars/shakes

I have some extra items I add in from Low Carb Megastore. At the moment I'm having a line of very low carb chocolate or a no carb boiled sweet first thing. At lunch (about 12/1) I usually have a bar however I sometimes have 2 quorn(type) burgers. At about 4/5 I'll usually have a choc brownie (from the choc shake) or a spag bol meal and then at about 9 I'll have a crispy choc shake with milk. Sometimes I'll also have some wafers if I'm running around like a loon (and not have the bar) as I find them easier to spread out.

If I'm really hungry I'll have some fizzy pop or a boiled sweet. When I'm at uni I drink fizzy pop like it's going out of fashion but boiled sweets I limit to about 3 a day and chocolate a line a day.

However, I have loads and loads of other shakes and some chilli meals that I'll end up working through when I run out of my daily essentials. I know the way I follow it isn't conventional but it's what keeps it bearable for me, especially as I spend quite a bit of time round other peoples food. As long as I don't come out of ketosis and I keep losing weight at a reasonable weight I'm happy. If that stops then I'll re-evaluate.

Back