What exercise have we done today.

I've mucked out today, not ridden as my horse has a nasty kick :(

Does house work count?? About an hour just walking through the house and tidying etc.

Housework sure counts in my book! I hate the stuff but it's a necessary evil and i defo work up a sweat doing it as i wizz round trying to get it done as quick as poss! hahaha..

Morning all - today I plan another jogging sesh and my partner might join me! Got my first day of training today so am bricking it a little!

Have a lovely day everyone xx

Good luck with the training, Pen.

So far I've cycled to the hossie and then into work. Probably no lunchtime walk because of the rain, will cycle home and then get on the cross trainer again. Will give the weights a rest tonight but might do some stomach crunchie type thingies once my dinner's gone down.

Been out for a nice brisk walk, pushing the pram my little one in, plus my 3yr old on her toddler step bit, i made sure i got some hills in.

And 40 mins on the Wii Fit :)

I can't wait to get my cross trainer, then the real fun begins!!

Penny, what training sesh are you doing? Have you joined a gym or something? Good luck for your run later, hope the partner helps rather than hinders.. i'm rubbish running with other people!

LM, hope it's nothing too serious at the hossie hun. I've gotta go in a couple of months to one an hr away cos the local ones are full but is only for dermatologist appt so nowt serious.

Louisa, didn't realise you had lil uns. Bet they keep you active! And well done for finding hills to walk up with the buggy. It'd be impossible to do that where i am as it's totally flat (just the way i like it!).

I'm not going to be doing much today i'm afraid, got a stinking cold with sore throat and headache. Had planned on going to the gym but really don't feel like it now i've woken up feeling rough. I'm back in work at 1600hrs so i'll get a bit of exercise walking to work and then on my feet whilst there and walking back. Not going to have time tomorrow either i don't think as working 1300 - 2100hrs.

Well it's a slow start for me back into the exercise I have just been for a 30 min walk with a friend and will do some sit ups before bed. Between posts on here.

xx

Must say this thread is going well and very motivating!

Claire,

I train for the bleep test using the treadmill. I found a table that breaks it down into kph as follows:

Level 1 - 8.0kph until 1 min 03 secs.
Level 2 - 8.5kph until 2m 11s
Level 3 - 9.0kph until 3m 15s
Level 4 - 9.5kph until 4m 15s
Level 5 - 10.0kph until 5m 20s
Level 6 - 10.5kph until 6m 22s

When you consider running for 6 minutes and 22 seconds will get you to the start of level 7 it doesn't seem too bad and although it doen't take into account the turns it is a great method for practicing.

Once you can do to up to level 7 with ease on the treadmill, you should have absolutely no problem reaching 5.4 for the police test, because the above table is for a 20 metre shuttle.

Give it a try, you might surprise yourself.

Hmm, that's an interesting theory, thanks for the info Boogaloo! Always wondered how best to try it. I usually run between 8.5kph and 11kph (when sprinting to finish on time!) though steady at about 9-9.5kph. So what you're saying is that if i start running at 8kph and then increase by 0.5kph every 1m5s ish till i've done 6m22s ish then that should be enough to pass 15m at 5.4??

I can't wait to get my cross trainer, then the real fun begins!!

I absolutely love mine, Louisa. I can just hop on it with my mp3 player and tune out (I stick to lots of comedy & spoken word tho' cos I find music too distracting). Also, when the weather's hot you can do it in your bra & knickers which you most definitely can't do in the gym! Not without a struggle, anyway. :D

Aww, thanks for the concern Claire but it was just my regular 6 monthly check up, and everything was fine. I did have to go to Phlebotomy, though, which was good because I like to say 'phlebotomy'. PHLEBOTOMY.

Sorry.

LM, please excuse my naivity but what on earth is Phlebotomy?!? I could use my imagination and guess but knowing me i'd pick the wrong end of the body or something.. lol. And you're right, it's a great word!

Louisa, i struggle to fit my own life into my life let alone three kids! I always admire parents being able to juggle things about and look after other people. I'm gathering from your signature that you maybe play WoW?

Yep i do. I am a secret geek at heart lol

My OH started playing it and so do my son, so it was a case of...If you caan't beat them..join them.

Its great fun :)

I play too!! Also a secret geek.. haha. My brother's played for a few yrs and i always thought, my god that looks complicated and you're such a nerd. But he convinced me into playing the free trial and that was it, i was hooked! Not played for a couple months now as have been mega busy in work and with my specials training so just couldn't be bothered but as i type i'm just downloading the patch!

Yesterday swam for half hour
Today badminton later for an hour

wow you guys are encouraging me to something. I've been running around in the past days and I'll start back work and will get home late around 7 p.m. so I'm going to try and walk as much as I can. Imagine if I exercised I'd lose more.

Back