What Fitness DVDs anyone?

Leslie Sansomes is abit like the earlier Roesemary C's crossed with Mr Motivator. Lots of walking on the spot and side stepping with arms. On it's good side you don't need loads of room, but I managed the whole thing (30 mins/ 2 miles) without the need for the paramedics!:rolleyes: sweating slightly and I feel great, but it's not for you if you're halfway fit! I should imagine it would get pretty boring too, I shan't be buying it.
We could do with reviewing the dvds as we get them.

Last edited:
I have the Clare from Steps DVD. I did laugh to myself. After the warm-up she says, now choose which program you want to do.. I was half dead after the warm up LOL. I did the pilates bit, then the warm down. Talk about lack of co-ordination!!! I used to be quite co-ordinated but nope.. it's left me.

I'd recommend this DVD for anyone who wants to break into a sweat and isn't very fit, although it does get harder when you start adding more of her programes into it.

I'm still after the Jayne Torville one though. Our Asda has sold out! grrrr

I have the Clare from Steps DVD. I did laugh to myself. After the warm-up she says, now choose which program you want to do.. I was half dead after the warm up LOL. I did the pilates bit, then the warm down. Talk about lack of co-ordination!!! I used to be quite co-ordinated but nope.. it's left me.

I'm still after the Jayne Torville one though. Our Asda has sold out! grrrr

There seems to be good reviews about Claire from Steps DVD so think I'm gonna have to try that - she looks fantastic now! I have ordered the Jayne Torville so when I try it out I will let everyone know. xx

For all the people that have seen results with their dvd's... how many times a week do you use them?

This is a great thread btw

Gail x

I aim to do the fitness dvd at least twice a week. Some weeks I manage three times but it just depends how busy of a week I have.

I have the Clare from Steps DVD. I did laugh to myself. After the warm-up she says, now choose which program you want to do.. I was half dead after the warm up LOL.

I watched this (haven't actually done it yet LOL!) and thought the warm up looked like it should be in the aerobics bit!!!! Looks more strenuous than any warm up I've seen!

For all the people that have seen results with their dvd's... how many times a week do you use them?

This is a great thread btw

Gail x

Hi, I do Claire from Steps 4 times a week and I could see the difference in about 4 weeks. My arms are starting to look toned and they were very flabby. Is a good one.

Hi, I do Claire from Steps 4 times a week and I could see the difference in about 4 weeks. My arms are starting to look toned and they were very flabby. Is a good one.

ooo i may have to purchase this one then and alternate it with my camilla one as im finding that a bit easy now!!!!

Hi all

I have got Colleen's but I also have the one that was done by the actress who plays Janice Battersby in Corrie(very good - lots of squats and kick bocing moves if you like that sort of thing). Leaves you puffin'

Daisy x

I just picked up Mr Motivator and Jane Torvil DVD's for 20p each in my local charity shop, bargain or what!?
Not had the time to do any yet tho'.
So don't forget to do the charity shops!

I just picked up Mr Motivator and Jane Torvil DVD's for 20p each in my local charity shop, bargain or what!?
Not had the time to do any yet tho'.
So don't forget to do the charity shops!

You lucky thing! I must take a nosey in my local charity shops - chances are I won't find anything as good as that! At least if they are no good you won't have been out a fortune!:D Have a good weekend!

Thanks for that Linda, might have to invest in that one too and see how I get on...

Gail x

I agree with starbex - ministry of sound - pump it up - is really hardcore - those spotty dogs are killers. But it has great up beat music.
An oldie but goodie is beverley callard from coronatation street (liz from the rovers) its not soo bouncy but has a great section for the legs.
I also find Rosemary Conley with Coleen fun, she works on different areas, the arms section is great.
I like Charlie Brooks and Natalie Cassidy however can't stand their trainer.
Davina 30 minutes is a quick blast if you dont feel up to a huge session.
Cor' with all these you think I would be exercising all the time, but I have started running and riding my bike to work, so dont use any.

Reading this thread is motivating me to get my fitness DVDs on again! Thanks!

hi weemo - just wondering how you are getting on with the fitness DVDs?

Been doing Letita Dean's new one which I must admit I'm enjoying. My sis-in-law has the lend of the Jayne Torvill one so will be getting it back at the weekend. Tried Claire Kings and Coleen Nolans older one - did not like Claire Kings but did enjoy coleen's (she does it with Rosemary Conley). I'm not fit and I found it quite easy.

Has anyone else tried any?

Back