What foods keep you in ketosis

Hi Bindi

I've just realised our specs are nearly identical! I am 5'5' and starting weight was 14st 8lbs and I lost 8lbs too!!!!! How are you feeling? I don't know how people do social events....I mean bringing their shakes....I think they are fab. I am hibernating for the next few months!!!

Meant to say too......isn't it a shame pizza doesn't keep us in keytosis!!!!! LOL!

Hiya Sara,
Sorry I didnt notice our stats are nearly the same, will prob have totm at my next weigh in, feel bloated tonight. Hows it going for you?

Gonna go try set up one of those ticker thingys, they are cool

Did it work, did it work, my tracker thingy

Did it work this time?

yes you have one hun xx

hi i am a w8 consultant (www.allaboutw8.co.uk/coventry)
our VLCD plan allows you to incorporate one meal a day if you choose. If you have a meal from the list below you will still lose weight and stay in Ketosis xx Enjoy your day!!

You can have 3oz of one of the following

Chicken breast (no skin)
Turkey
Ham
Poached Salmon
1egg, poached, boiled
Plain prawns
3 slices of back bacon (remove fat)
Quorn
Tofu
White fish (not oily)
Plain cottage cheese

Plus unlimited veg off this list
Broccoli
Alfalfa Sprouts
Peppers
Chicory
Radishes
Cucumber
Bamboo Shoots
Cauliflower
Leeks
Lettuce
Watercress
Spinach
Celery
Cabbage (any kind)
Asparagus
Fennel
Pak choi
Courgettes
Marrow
Fresh Garlic
You can season with pepper, small
pinch of salt, use herbs and spices,
balsamic vinegar but no lemon
Juice or anything containing citric
acid.

I was doing HAM , they said no , salty water retension , have a look into that

debbieacton,
Thx for the very informative reply. I would like to have the meal at the wedding but dont want to knock myself out of ketosis, Ive already decided Im not drinking so that in itself is a huge commitment from me. So seabass is being served at the meal, so Ive googled it and its a white non oily fish, so if I just had that (ask for it to be baked/steamed with nothing on it) and veg from list you gave and nothing else I would stay in ketosis or does this just apply to your diet methid? How soon after eating can you check if you are still in ketosis? Thanks for your help

You won't show as still being in keotosis straight away after eating hunni as you will have drank water throughout the day so you stick will show neg due to it being watered down. The earliest time you will beable to check is the morning after x

Thanks nictastic, wouldnt it be great to be able have small amount at the wedding and stay in ketosis, am thinking mite have shake at about 12, have the low fat meal bout 530-6 then another shake at about 830 (cos i know i wont be full after 3oz fish and some veg), and jsut stick with the h20 for the day, what dya think? I would only eat this if I knew for definite it wouldnt knock me out of ketosis, so want to stick to this for another week and half before I need to refeed before I go on hols:confused:

Week One of the Atkins diet needs you to eat less grams of Carbohydrate per day than we have in our LT shakes, so you should be OK with stuff on this list (just make sure you don't go crazy with portion size, and don't do this often!!!):

Atkins - Acceptable Foods

The Atkins Diet is all about Ketosis too you see :)

Don't blame me if this doesn't work for you though please... This is just what I'm sticking to if I really MUST eat something.

Hi hun, you should be ok most people would be...however, some people are more sensitive to carbs than other so try and stick to as little as poss xxx good luck hun xx

Week One of the Atkins diet needs you to eat less grams of Carbohydrate per day than we have in our LT shakes, so you should be OK with stuff on this list (just make sure you don't go crazy with portion size, and don't do this often!!!):

Atkins - Acceptable Foods

The Atkins Diet is all about Ketosis too you see :)

Don't blame me if this doesn't work for you though please... This is just what I'm sticking to if I really MUST eat something.
Greta link josh...will come in handy if my chemist ever decide i can't carry on to my full weight goal x how r things?:D

Hi all,
Well I went to the wedding yesterday and drank gallons (of water that is) and decided to eat. Had 3oz baked fish and 3 small sprigs broccli and by god was I full after it. Tested this morn and Im still in ketosis so thats good, hopefully it wont do my weigh in on Tues too much damage.

I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Did you have a good time?

Mr Joshua
Thx very much for the very helpful advice. Please god it wont affect my loss too much. Had a great day, would have been nice to have a couple drinks, but hey it will be worth it in the end. Thx again

No problem Bindi, glad you had a good time! :)

Food

You guys are awful. The poor girl asks a simple question and noone answers. If you need to eat, stick to protein and green veg. No harm done. Then back on it next day. Don't take a soup or anything. That's silly. Enjoy the wedding, eat the food and have a great time! I'm sure you have great will power as you've done so well up until now! Keep going but don't feel bad about eating. That's how food disorders start!!!! Food is great in moderation and if you have to eat for one meal then so be it. Good luck!!! :)

Back