• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What foods or drinks make you feel bloated?

S: 13st2.4lb G: 10st0lb
I wasn't sure where to put this thread but as the title says what foods or drinks make you feel bloated.

I have felt and looked bloated for a few days now and I figure it's down to a week of eating bread and takeaways with the fridge and freezer being broken, bread is a big one for me, especially bread rolls. Or anything pastry.

I'm asking because it's something I've suffered with since being a teenager and I'm trying to pinpoint foods that may be triggering it. I thought maybe other people may suggest things that I hadn't thought of! I'm going to have a week without bread and see how I get on. I think maybe milk may also be trigger.

What problem foods do you have?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Mom38

Silver Member
S: 16st12lb C: 12st5.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 30.7 Loss: 4st6.5lb(26.48%)
Its strange, I can tell when im sat down as I just feel like a whale.

I try not to eat too much pasta but its a bit hard as a staple food in our house.

S: 11st3lb C: 9st12.5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 25.3 Loss: 1st4.5lb(11.78%)
Bread and a lot of pasta. I can get away with a little bit of pasta but when we have a lot (which we do as we're allowed it on slimming world) I always feel bloated after, it's something we're trying to cut back on because of that.

S: 13st2.4lb G: 10st0lb
Thank you.

Pretty all the same things as me it seems. I gave up eating bananas quite a whole ago as they were a huge trigger for me.

I do find wraps have less of a bad effect than bread slices or rolls if that helps anyone.

S: 11st3lb C: 9st12.5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 25.3 Loss: 1st4.5lb(11.78%)
I eat a lot of banana's. I'd like to cut them out and see if it effects my losses one week but I actually find them really handy for work and/or breakfasts because they're so filling

Pootle

Silver Member
S: 18st4lb C: 17st13lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 38.2 Loss: 0st5lb(1.95%)
I've been struggling to see losses recently, I wonder if it's the enormous bananas I've been eating this week?

Hunny85

Silver Member
S: 19st9lb C: 15st11.5lb BMI: 40.5 Loss: 3st11.5lb(19.45%)
I've been struggling to see losses recently, I wonder if it's the enormous bananas I've been eating this week?
It wouldn't hurt to give it a try if you're stuck. I was sceptical when the group suggested it at first but after 3 weeks of small/no losses thought I'd give it a go and lost 3.5lbs (reckon some of that was from being good the previous weeks too) but my friend eats 2 a day and still loses so think it's just down to the person

Wolf

Slimming for a better lifestyle
S: 18st4lb C: 15st7lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 35 Loss: 2st11lb(15.23%)
Bread and fizzy drinks for me. I hardly eat much bread now at all, which is extremely hard as previously I loved eat AND making it. Baking bread was one of my favourite things to do. :( I've told myself that once I've hit goal I'll make one rustic loaf on the weekends, for OH and I to eat, and stay bread-free during the week.