What happens at 1st meeting?

systema

Calorie Counting
I have decided that when I get sorted from this broken arm I am going to SW meetings.
Could someone briefly run through what to expect please? It is near my M in L's house so I don't know a soul there.

What will be the cost - will I get all the info at first meeting - will I be able to buy cook books?
I know basics and did green days but since my accident been eating what is easy to prepare with one hand which has not involved much cooking :sigh::sigh:
thanks.

Am not sure on the joining cost at the moment but it's £4.95 a week to attend.
You will be met with a warm welcome and the consultant will then go through the plan with you - just you ( and any other new members) and her. You will then sit in on the class where basically it will give an update on how everyone has done that week and often recipes and ideas are swapped. Not sure if this happens everywhere, but my consultant wont take your money or weigh you until after the class as you may have decided by then that it's not for you.

Good luck - you will love it! I have made some great friends at my class. x

our group does the same as was stivesliz said! Don't worry...I didn't know anybody when I started at group either...but you soon make friends when you stay to group every week!

Most groups seem to offer half price membership (£5.00) plus your weekly fee (£4.95)...so £9.95 on your first night - you can check what offers your group are charging at the moment on the SW website ('Your nearest group').

And yes...you can buy books from group...but I wouldn't worry too much about this on your first night.

Its about £10 to join, but if you buy a countdown course (a 12 week I think) you don't have to pay your joining fee- a countdown is where you pay all up front, and you get free membership and a week free. I'm not sure if they are still running the offer, I joined back in January.

Basically you go there, your consultant goes through the plan with you along with any new members, then you sit on the group- where your consultant goes round to each member in the group and talks about how much theyve lost, whats helped them this week, if they have anything that may knock them off track in the next week and what helped them if they had something the week before and came back with a maintain/loss. Your consultant will NEVER reveal your acutal weight (just how much you've lost, sometimes they will say in number of weeks) and if you don't want her talking to you on a certain week, tell her in advance and she won't. Your then invited to join, you pay and weigh and your asked to set an interim target (a "mini" target if you like)

You can buy recipe books, but honestly- i wouldn't bother, there are so many recipes on here and online you can never get bored.

You can buy the SW magazine (at discount) and hi-fi cereal bars.

Good luck!

You can see any current membership offers on the SW website - look under Group Membership >> Offers :)

When you joimn you will be given your members pack that includes all the information you need to know about the plans, although the focus tends to be on the Extra easy plan. You will also get a credit card type membership card that you need to take with you each week, and a PIN number that will give you access to the member's section on the SW website. There you will find a searchable database of syn values, a syn calculator, food diary, and lots of other resources to help you weight loss. You will be asked to keep a food diary for the first four weeks so your consultant can check and see how you are doing. And s/he should give you a call midweek to make sure you are okay. And of course you are free to call them if you have any questions outside class.

Good luck!

Oh dear....you have my sympathy regarding your broken arm.....I broke my humerous bone right at the top (shoulder ball) just before Christmas. I know what it's like to be one handed! Didn't stop me eating though, unfortunately!

Thanks.
Didn't think I would every get fed up with toast or living on easy cook food and ready meals :D:D.
Don't like eating out as I am not in control of what is in the food.
Roll on the day when I get my life back.

Haha...I found eating out meant I had to choose food that I didn't particularly want but was easy to eat or my OH had to cut my food up for me!!!!
The first time I ate out, I chose scampi and chips. I picked up the lemon in my left hand, squeezed it and it slipped out of my hand and went flying across the pub!!! 1 red faced customer!!!!

It's a long old process but once you at least have the use of your arm back things will get easier for you.
But that's just the begining....I'm just off for more physio in a moment...the pain goes on!!

Take care

Its about £10 to join, but if you buy a countdown course (a 12 week I think) you don't have to pay your joining fee- a countdown is where you pay all up front, and you get free membership and a week free. I'm not sure if they are still running the offer, I joined back in January.

Basically you go there, your consultant goes through the plan with you along with any new members, then you sit on the group- where your consultant goes round to each member in the group and talks about how much theyve lost, whats helped them this week, if they have anything that may knock them off track in the next week and what helped them if they had something the week before and came back with a maintain/loss. Your consultant will NEVER reveal your acutal weight (just how much you've lost, sometimes they will say in number of weeks) and if you don't want her talking to you on a certain week, tell her in advance and she won't. Your then invited to join, you pay and weigh and your asked to set an interim target (a "mini" target if you like)

You can buy recipe books, but honestly- i wouldn't bother, there are so many recipes on here and online you can never get bored.

You can buy the SW magazine (at discount) and hi-fi cereal bars.

Good luck!
I wasnt actually asked about setting a mini target when I started group. The cost of a 12 week countdown is £49.50 which you pay at the pay desk after group has finished if you want to join. That basically gives you 12 weeks for the price of 10. Just a note though you will be asked if you have any holidays you wish to take during that 12 week period so its important that you tell the member of the social team on the pc your dates because once you have been weighed you cant have the money refunded. The same goes for a 6 week countdown. You are allowed 6 weeks or 6 groups holiday in a 12 month period. Hope this helps.

You can see any current membership offers on the SW website - look under Group Membership >> Offers :)

When you joimn you will be given your members pack that includes all the information you need to know about the plans, although the focus tends to be on the Extra easy plan. You will also get a credit card type membership card that you need to take with you each week, and a PIN number that will give you access to the member's section on the SW website. There you will find a searchable database of syn values, a syn calculator, food diary, and lots of other resources to help you weight loss. You will be asked to keep a food diary for the first four weeks so your consultant can check and see how you are doing. And s/he should give you a call midweek to make sure you are okay. And of course you are free to call them if you have any questions outside class.

Good luck!

Ah cant believe I didnt mention your online membership card so thanks to Patchwork Puss for that info. Loads of my class never use the website but its excellent x

Thanks for all your replies - much appreciated.
Think it will be a few weeks yet but will try my best until then. :)

Back