what happens if...

haha.

sounds like we are in a similar boat then :D

thanks amanda!
yeah the shakes seem VERY thick to me! keep adding more water, then it gets too watery haha.

can't win!!

xx

Good luck :)
First couple of weeks are bound to be a bit of trial and error for you. Finding the flavours/types you like and mix/recipes.
You'll get there. Just stick with it :)
Remember that when you are in ketosis you're not physically hungry so just mind over matter for any cravings :)
And if you don't like a flavour-hold your nose and down it in one! lol :D

lol. my CDC is new... and i'm her first client... so i dunno if shes telling me the right stuff - especially as she asked my bf to measure me and he said 42.5 inches... and when i got home my mum meausred me and im 35 inches... SURELY she would have noticed or realised i wasnt that big by looking at me????
Really confused about that.
plus she has not once mentionned Ketosis yet - how do i find out whether im in that stage or not? buy the sticks im guessing??
and how often do i have to do the stick thing?

xx

you can get the ketostix from boots about a fiver for 50....i wee on them about 4 times a day.....but i weigh myself everyday too....im not obsessed or anything!!!!!!!

I got some ketostix and used them whenever I needed reassurance :)

Though you can tell when you're in ketosis cause you're not hungry or headachey and you generally feel better, heh.

Like what has been said here, sometimes I just gulp it down.

I loved potato and leek for the first few weeks, then could not face it! Cooking the products is not for me...they come out too fake tasting.

I love the tomato soup so that is my main soup, which I sometimes change for veg or chilli.

I have a banana terta in the morning and my bar for lunch. I freeze my bar as it was mentioned on here and it relly last so much longer.

It is hard at times, especially those days I would rather just have nothing but I have the whole open mouth, gulp down trick down to a fine art.

I have a very supportive family but I think some are shocked that I have stuck to this for 6 weeks. My own fault as I have been on every diet under the sun ! I am sure your dad means no harm, I really hope you find some soup.bar.tetra that you like soon.

Only my mum, dad, brother and sister (her boyfriend too) know I am doing CD. In the beginning it was my fear of failing that stopped me telling anyone. Also I have some family members that can be blunt, they don't want to see me hurt or struggling and might say some negative things if they knew what I was doing.

yeah thanks for that!

bought some ketosis sticks today - not quite sure what the colours mean yet lmao.

i can't be in it thought, still get the odd hunger pang.
when does ketosis kick in? after how many days/weeks on average??

thanks again everyone :)

xx

Normally after 3 days ish.
Any shade of pink means you're in ketosis, but too dark (purple-y) means you should drink a bit more water. :)
Unless it's the first time you've been to the loo that day, in which case it's OK for it to be purple.

Bear in mind even when I was in ketosis I got hunger pangs when I'd gone too long without a shake - my stomach used to gurgle loudly in complaint :p

ohh i see. well i am pleaseeeddd!!

thanks for that info - i didnt have a clue and thought i wasnt in ketosis, and was worried i would only lose the water and nothing else :(

but no im VERYYY happy.

feel a bit too happy today.

went to body shop and boots and splurged out i was so happy... unusual for me haha.

ah well... must be all the happy hormones they put in the banana shake hehe.

xx

Hehe. I know what you mean - sometimes I just have so much energy, they must be putting something in the shakes! :p

agreedddd!!!

well i tried the banana muffin thing today - didnt really look like a muffin .... lol. was quite dry and sticky tasting too. but eeeuurrghh actually.

then had chicken and mushroom soup for lunch - how lovely is that soup?? just want a bit of bread with it, thats the problem hehe.

havnt tried making the stuffing thing yet - does it have the same texture as normal stuffing??

x

Never tried the stuffing - I generally don't cook my packs. :)
Don't forget you can only cook one per day :)

Yep, I love the chicken and mushroom soup - it's the only one I actually like :p
Though I have to make it up to about 500ml or it's too powdery tasting.
Makes it more filling though :p

x

the extra happy feeling? welcome to the magic that is ketosis, lol

I don't really like my soups much so I started to use more water in them and adding pepper and it helped a lot.

I really think it is just a case of finding flavours you like and changing the way you prepare them can change them for you!

For instance I love the chocolate shake as a hot chocolate (with some splenda tablets) for breakfast and I usually also mix the chocolate shake into a paste and eat it that way with a spoon rather than have it as a shake (like a thick mousse).

Also if you mix the chocolate pack into a paste and spoon it into some foil, make it into a bar like shape and freeze it.....that's really nice too! Just keep experimenting!!

hi hi hi!
Thanks for the tips!
i did the shake into bar thing... and i think it tasted horrid - but i dont really like the flavour of the chocolate - tastes powdery, even when i electric whisk it etc... strange.

so far i like the chilli, chicken and mush and vegtable soup...
the butterscotch, mint choc and capachinno (spelling lol) milkshakes. but only on certain days haha. can't win.

is it right that on the second week u add tetras?? do they contain mroe calories?? and could someone explain why u add them on the second week forward rather than str8 away?

many thanks :)

oh b.t.w.... weighed myself this morning....

11 STONE 11... THATS 5 POUNDS IN 5 DAYS. WOOOOOOP.

so im happy. so happy that i nicked a chip off the OH lol. oopsy.

xx

hehe thanks very much.
oh i thought tetras were another word for the bars haha. my mistake.

i meant to say - why is it you can only have the bars from week 2 onwards? do they contain more calories??

x

Back