What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

lol - sorry you had such a rough night!!!!

I'm like that with some painkillers - I dont drink tea or coffee so the little shot of caffiene in the tablets which wouldn't affect most people sends me skywards!!

Better luck tonight for you ay?!

ps - you can get large cookie jars which, once you've set a timer on them, will give you an electric shock if you try and open them before the time's up... Assuming you dont have a heart condition might it be worth putting the coffee in one of those??!!!! ;)

Hiya Mike, I'm sorry but you did make me laugh! I'd have done exactly the same as I love coffee and am now wondering if it was caffeine withdrawal rather than getting into ketosis that made me feel so bad. Sticking to 2-3 cups a day now as frightened of going through that again. Anyway, I've been looking for your blog (have a faint memory that it used to be in your sig?). Could you post a link please if you don't mind me having a nose!

Well I have been much more positive today! I went and picked up Jo's car from my Mum's as it has been there for 6 weeks, had a gentle ride home and then decided it needed a clean as it was covered in Seagull cr4p so took it to Tesco hand wash, anyway they gave it a clean while I went and got Sushi for lunch and some more coffee beans for the damn coffee machine that I am addicted to and on a permanent caffeine high.

Then on the way back I flipped the lid on the car and went for an hours spin on the back roads and then went and sat and ate my sushi while looking out to sea on Gorleston seafront.

Back to work in a week so am trying to think of this as my holiday week and be more positive, Jo and I are married 10 years on Thursday this week so going for some spa treatments over the weekend that don't involve then touching my tummy!

Mike

Last edited:
Hi Mike

You sound like a fantasic CDC to have. I hope your clients realise how lucky they are. Podcasts downloads! My last CDC didn't even weigh me.

I too have suffered at the hands of a new coffee machine addiction. It took me about 3 days to work out that it was my late afternoon double expresso that was keeping me awake to past midnight.

I bought that Dermot O'Leary CD today its fab.

Jac

Hi Mike

You sound like a fantasic CDC to have. I hope your clients realise how lucky they are. Podcasts downloads! My last CDC didn't even weigh me.

I too have suffered at the hands of a new coffee machine addiction. It took me about 3 days to work out that it was my late afternoon double expresso that was keeping me awake to past midnight.

I bought that Dermot O'Leary CD today its fab.

Jac

Spooky!! I was just listening to that!

Love I Go To Sleep by Zero 7

Mike

Hi Mike

So glad you're feeling better!!

Also wanted to thank you again for the male perspective on my weekend from hell!! Don't know if you've read my thread yet but we're ok now and he's forgiven me!!!

Phew!

Hope you have a great caffeine filled day lol

You'll be fine at work!

Happy anniversary!

sounds as if feeding a coffee habit is as expensive as buying stuff at the street corner

Happy 10 year anniversary to you and Jo today Mike xx

Hope you and Jo celebrated in style yesterday

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
:party0011::party0011::character00250::party0011::party0011:

Hiya all and thanks

Well total disaster!!

We went to Hanbury Manor last night for a meal and to stay over and then a spa day for two with loads of treatments.

Anyway ordered champagne to be in the room at 5pm when we arrived.

We arrived an no champagne, we go down for dinner at 8pm and it never arrived, come back up at 11pm and there it was!! They tried to charge me 50 quid for it!! ANYWAY!!

Much worse...

We got down to the Spa for our treatments to be told that we weren't booked for any, manager eventually came and worked out they had booked us in at the wrong Marriot spa!!! We were booked in at the one in West Yorkshire some 250 miles away!!

And they had no free staff to do anything....

They did manage to do a quick manicure and pedicure on Jo and I had a quick back, neck and shoulder but then we left early with the voucher to rebook it sometime. The manager did say that Marriot will be in touch but assume that will be a letter saying they are sorry.

Really really p'd off!! It wasn't Hanbury Manors fault as it was a central cock up but you only get one 10th anniversary and that was cr4p!!

Belated Happy Anniversary to you and Jo!

fetch.dll

Your such a romantic, you could teach my man a thing or too!!!

Sorry that things did not work out as planned and I Hope they will put in right in the near future, while it won't exactly be the same... I feel they should do something special for you both and treat you like Royalty as to make up for their Mistake!!!

As you say it was a very important Anniversary!!!

Love Mini xxx

To be fair to the manager she did try her best, she even tried to get people to come in on their days off to do the treatments and she was very apologetic!!

I seem to always have this kind of luck! We booked a mud bath thing for two at Centre Parcs and when we got there in 2006 the woman had booked it 10 years earlier on the system!!! Hence we missed out.

Then I booked the Nahm in London for a meal and when we got there they had booked it the day before and were fully booked and we ended up in an eat as much as you like chinese in China Town.

Maybe I should learn to double check before the event but you would think they should be slick outfits really!!

Still, it ain't all bad. You still have a nice flat tummy to play with! We booked a last minute romantic night at a hotel in north east Scotland last week and had a surreal evening meal experience (don't ask), followed by sleeping on a really noisy bed (really off-putting IYKWIM), and being kept awake anyway by (a) local neds getting noisily pissed in the lovely park opposite and (b) someone's car alarm going off at regular intervals all through the night (not ours, I checked!). Was glad to get home, but had a laugh about it.

lol yeah our bed was noisy as well!!

I can laugh about it, at least we still have the spa day to come and still had a nice time!!

We took Jo's convertible car so had an open top drive back in the baking sun which was nice :)

Mike

To be fair to the manager she did try her best, she even tried to get people to come in on their days off to do the treatments and she was very apologetic!!

I seem to always have this kind of luck! We booked a mud bath thing for two at Centre Parcs and when we got there in 2006 the woman had booked it 10 years earlier on the system!!! Hence we missed out.

Then I booked the Nahm in London for a meal and when we got there they had booked it the day before and were fully booked and we ended up in an eat as much as you like chinese in China Town.

Maybe I should learn to double check before the event but you would think they should be slick outfits really!!

I think your too nice Mike:) and that is how they get away with it!

It would put me off ever going back that is for sure.

How could anyone know or plan that far ahead:eek: ten years...:confused:

Love Mini xxx

Aww Mike, so sorry yours and Jo's anniversary didn't go to plan - due to the incompetance of those people at Marriott central. :confused::mad:
As you said you only get one 10th Anniversary and I hope they realise that when you speak to them.

Back