What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

My new belly button looks weird!! It's really small!! Less fluff I suppose :rolleyes:

Great to hear your bandages are off Mike, hopefully that'll be a bit more comfortable for you :)

Glad you can have a shower now too :D

Hi - what an amazing experience....you tell it so well....you should consider a book of your weigh loss journey and this op....totally addictive reading and you tell it is such a great and humourous way...I felt like I was in the hospital watching you!! Bea

My new belly button looks weird!! It's really small!! Less fluff I suppose :rolleyes:

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Sounds like you are getting better mate!!!!!!!

Great thread to read, totally put me off so Kangaroo pouch for ever now!!!!!!!

Hey just spotted you are online and said I'd stop by to see how you were getting on??

You bearing up without Jo tonight??

Hope the pain is getting easier as the days go by

xxx

Day 12 - Slept quite well but on my own today :-(

Well I slept ok last night, Emily was up in the night having wet her bed so was awake from about 2am - 3am but then slept through till 6am.

Funny as the skin is so tight and bruised that it feels like I still have the dressing on when I don't! Also notice this morning that the belly button is not a nice colour!! Going very yellow and not looking too hot at all.

Anyway on my own today, Jo has very kindly done me a little packed lunch for lunchtime and is bringing in tea at 8pm tonight so I shall be spending the day watching tennis (if the rain holds out!) and generally trying to relax.

Oh yeah!! Had a shower last night!! Oh my word did it feel good!! Problem is I don't want to shave my head in case the little hairs get in my wound so starting to grow dreadlocks (exaggeration but you get the idea!)

Last edited:
My new belly button!

DSC00942.JPG

Looking good Mike!!

Love

I was about to mail you!! Got my Arnica this morning and thanks very much!! Got to take them every 2 hours today and then 4 times a day from tomorrow.

They have got some serious work to do as the bruising is getting worse not better at the minute.

Anyway thanks again and much appreciated

Mike

Hey Mike

Just want to say that I've really enjoyed reading ur experience of both weightloss and having this operation. I was one of those people also who thought it wasn't a severe operation as it actually is, and reading ur account has really made me think hard. I'm not at goal, but have thought that when I am and if I need a TT I'll treat myself to one. Now I think I'll probably buy some of those miracle knickers - ok they look like granny pants but he they can hide a multitude!! lol

Anyway, hope u're coping well without Jo.
If u get bored, this site is great for daft gimmicks; Drinkstuff.com™ - Presents Bar Stools Poker Chips Gadgets Cocktail Equipment Bar Accessories Fancy Dress Wine Racks UK Buy Mini Fridges Drink Shop Home (I particularly think the 'fart alert' should be handed out to all men lol).

Much love, chelle xx

Hey Mike

Just want to say that I've really enjoyed reading ur experience of both weightloss and having this operation. I was one of those people also who thought it wasn't a severe operation as it actually is, and reading ur account has really made me think hard. I'm not at goal, but have also was thought that when I am and if I need a TT I'll treat myself to one. Now I think I'll probably buy some of those miracel knicers - ok they look like granny pants but he they can hide a multitude!! lol

Anyway, hope u're coping well without Jo.
If u get bored, this site is great for daft gimmicks; Drinkstuff.com™ - Presents Bar Stools Poker Chips Gadgets Cocktail Equipment Bar Accessories Fancy Dress Wine Racks UK Buy Mini Fridges Drink Shop Home (I particularly think the 'fart alert' should be handed out to all men lol).

Much love, chelle xx

Thanks for that

Love that Pineapple Bottle Cooler!!
Drinkstuff™ - Inflatable Pineapple Bottle Cooler Blow Up Big Novelty Tropical Fruit Pine Apple Can Bottles Cans Bin Holder Cool Ice Chill Chiller Party Accessory Hawaii Hawaiian Night Uk Buy

M.

Day 11 - The dressing has gone and the windows are shattered

She has now left it uncovered totally with just the steristrips the hospital put on there, can finally see the handywork in the mirror and apart from the swelling it looks pretty good, she said it looked good compared to some she has seen, she said she went to a girl on Tuesday who went abroad and had it done and had a 6 inch "hole" in the middle of her stomach where the skin hadn't knitted and was a right state so I am so glad I had it done in England!

Oooh that happened to me after my last cesarian! The wound wouldn't heal and formed a huge hole and I ended up with septacemia - very nasty as I was told I was minutes from dying.

Hope you don't get too bored today Mike. Your belly button looks great, if a little sore.

Will you be getting it pierced then?:D:D

Have only just managed to get chance to read from day 4 ish, i love the way you put things Mike LOL.
Although can i make a point to anyone thinking of having a TT, everyone copes differently, and heals differently, Mike had a few problems which has held up his recovery, the bugger drains being one of them, i also dont think the worry of the Cdif has done him any favours.
Heres a quick version of my recovery
Various ops 6 weeks prior to TT (16th sept 05)
TT on the monday (30th oct) was up and out of bed the same night due to cant wee in bedpan LOL , very sick, even with 2 different anti sickness drugs
Poorly after TT, drains had a lot in them, had to have a blood transfusion on tuesday, let out on wed, but didnt want to go the long haul from London to North Notts so stayed in hotel till friday, when i had to visit clinic for drains out.
Travelled home friday, then went back to London on day 9 they said they wanted me to be drained for fluid, i checkened out, but i soon rang them back over the weekend, so had another trip at day 11, had 530mls of fluid drained off, went back a week later 400mls drained off, was back driving at around day 12 as hubby was back to work and i had kids to pick up from school ect, so basically i was back to normal pretty quickly.
I went back for a third draining sometime soon after the 2nd, which was bloody painful as they had to stick the needle further up the stomach to find the fluid pocket, i was really poorly with the painkiller i had, making me sick, so stopped them at day 3 when we realised what the problem was.
Sadly i wasnt happy with my TT, and the surgeon wasnt happy with my scar, so i had scar revision in july 06 along with correction to nose and eylid from first lot of surgery.
Still not happy, should have had revisions jan, didnt get them, then may, didnt get them, am now told it should be july, i have a feeling i wont be called for, i still have a lot of fat under the tummy, and am supposed to be having lipo.
So please anyone who wants one, go to the many forums and get different healing progresses, i know people who have gone back to work at 2 weeks, and people who have got hole, infections ect and struggled for months.
PS Mike you may have swelling for a few months yet, or could be lucky for it to go within weeks.
Michelle
this is a rushed reply, hope i havnt missed anything

Day 12 - Poodling about

Thanks Meem for that, hopefully weeks and not months for me!

Anyway today has been ok, been gingerly poodling about the house trying to get active as my head is thumping from all the sleep and my legs need a good walk to stretch themselves.

Had a good look at my scar and think the right side is filling up (don't think, know!) as it is sticking out much more than the left so hopefully consultant will spot this on Monday and offer advice on it.

Got a letter from my gym this morning asking where I was !! I was going to ring and tell them I can't lift a cup of coffee without my tummy aching net alone some free weights :)

Anyway Jo is bringing me in some real comfort food tonight as a take away so looking forward to a relaxing night in bed with a take away and a chick flick

Mike

Your welcome Mike, seems funny someone calling me Meem, what my friends call me LOL, anyway, i want to know when we are going to get a better view of that tum, not just a tiny peek at the belly button:D
Watch that bit thats swelling, could be a pocket of fluid, (i'm sure if my memory serves right your wifes a nurse) so i am sure she is keeping an eye on you, but you dont want to leave it to long if its a heamoatoma/seroma, this is what i had, but wasnt a small pocket.
This if the link works was my lovely pocket of fluid LOL, looked like i was preg again.
124682204.jpg

Goodluck for your appointment

Back